Keegan starting for the Kings vs the Warriors: Game One

I know people like to shit on the NBA and SOME of it is justified, but the athleticism and skill level needed to play in that league is unreal. Turn it up a notch during the playoffs and it is a high, high level of basketball.

I know people like to shit on the NBA and SOME of it is justified, but the athleticism and skill level needed to play in that league is unreal. Turn it up a notch during the playoffs and it is a high, high level of basketball.
I agree on the athleticism aspect, but it’s still incredibly boring basketball. 250 pts a game isn’t something I want to watch. Slow paced three point contests with no defense and tons of really bad flopping.

Read a nice article today where Keegan’s head coach gave him serious approval. Sounded like Fran when a player suffers through a slump. Referenced Keegan’s 3 point record. Apparently the home crowd explodes with Keegan’s name when he scores. They love him!

Tough outcome for the Kings, but a great line for Keegan:
33 minutes. 9 - 13 including 5 of 7 from 3; 7 boards and an assist, for 23 points. He played more minutes than everyone except Fox, and led them in 3 pointers made and % of both 3's and all shots made.

Murray is such a class act--he makes all of his proud of him!

Hold serve at home and move on to the next round!

Keegan was red-hot in the first half when the Kings got the lead, then strangely he got very few shots in the 3Q when the Warriors made their run. Not sure why the Kings did not keep feeding him the ball.

This is the best series going... Too bad it's a 1st round one.

Great game. Glad to see KM played so well and up to his potential. Wished that last shot had dropped. 3-1 lead would have been hard for the Warriors to overcome.

Keegan has definitely vindicated his draft status and that he belongs on a contending team. Its fun to see a Hawk have so much success in the league.

I agree with Fry though that the game itself is hard to watch. The athletes are so big and strong and fast that it is nearly impossible for the refs to call a consistent game. So, they don't. I like college MBB better, but honestly, having experienced a lot of WBB this year I enjoyed that product even more. Offensive sets, defensive intensity, coaching, passing.

But hey, as long as you have a rooting interest in the game, any basketball can be fun. I enjoyed the Kings game a lot.

Tough outcome for the Kings, but a great line for Keegan:
33 minutes. 9 - 13 including 5 of 7 from 3; 7 boards and an assist, for 23 points. He played more minutes than everyone except Fox, and led them in 3 pointers made and % of both 3's and all shots made.

Murray is such a class act--he makes all of his proud of him!

Hold serve at home and move on to the next round!
Looks like his coach made a good decision when he stayed loyal publically to Keegan.

Great game. Glad to see KM played so well and up to his potential. Wished that last shot had dropped. 3-1 lead would have been hard for the Warriors to overcome.

Keegan has definitely vindicated his draft status and that he belongs on a contending team. Its fun to see a Hawk have so much success in the league.

I agree with Fry though that the game itself is hard to watch. The athletes are so big and strong and fast that it is nearly impossible for the refs to call a consistent game. So, they don't. I like college MBB better, but honestly, having experienced a lot of WBB this year I enjoyed that product even more. Offensive sets, defensive intensity, coaching, passing.

But hey, as long as you have a rooting interest in the game, any basketball can be fun. I enjoyed the Kings game a lot.

I agree with your take. It's hard to get into the NBA, especially if you don't have a player to follow such as Keegan and his ties to Iowa. Perhaps the lack of Iowa players success in the NBA has caused me to become disinterested in general. But, I do enjoy following Keegan and the Kings now.

Keegan was red-hot in the first half when the Kings got the lead, then strangely he got very few shots in the 3Q when the Warriors made their run. Not sure why the Kings did not keep feeding him the ball.
Just from watching this playoff series, it seems like the hardest adjustment for Keegan is on defense...especially the speed and movement of GS. He's not bad, it's just that Sac has other guys who seem to be quicker, more physical or more veteran-savvy (Barnes). I think if KM's defense was a little better we would have seen him more at the end of yesterday's game. He certainly had the shooting touch to justify being in there at the end.

What really makes it hard for me to watch is all of the grabbing and holding, and the fact that all of the screens look like moving screens to me. They bring back visions of old Bobby Knight Indiana teams. And every screener seems to grab the guy he's setting the pick on. Of course, the guy getting picked also seems to grab the screener every time to keep him from rolling out until the screener's man has recovered. It's just ugly.

I agree on the athleticism aspect, but it’s still incredibly boring basketball. 250 pts a game isn’t something I want to watch. Slow paced three point contests with no defense and tons of really bad flopping.

Plus, entirely too many Hot Dogs on the court

Attention hungry/starving showboats

However I still like watching the teams that have a Team concept

I started watching it again when Curry starting raining threes all game long

The Smash Brothers: Steph Curry and Klay Thompson were fun to watch and if they win
I will continue to watch them

This is a fast-paced series, reminds me of the 76ers with Doctor J against the LA Lakers
with Kareem, James Worthy, Magic, and Mychal Thompson, Klay's father who I liked when
he was playing for the Gophers in the BIG

Plus, entirely too many Hot Dogs on the court

Attention hungry/starving showboats

However I still like watching the teams that have a Team concept

I started watching it again when Curry starting raining threes all game long

The Smash Brothers: Steph Curry and Klay Thompson were fun to watch and if they win
I will continue to watch them

This is a fast-paced series, reminds me of the 76ers with Doctor J against the LA Lakers
with Kareem, James Worthy, Magic, and Mychal Thompson, Klay's father who I liked when
he was playing for the Gophers in the BIG
Golden State is fun to watch. They really move the ball around on offense. They have some terrific shooters and unselfish players.

I tuned in to the game last night late in the first half. At that point the Kings were up by a few and Keegan was 4-5 FG and 2-2 from three. The entire rest of the game the Kings went 2-22 from three and lost the critical home game. Meanwhile, Keegan never got another shot... NOT ONE. I never even saw the ball passed to him again. WTF?!? He was pretty much just out there to stand in the corner and watch as Fox drove to the basket and other players clanked threes.

Last edited:
I tuned in to the game last night late in the first half. At that point the Kings were up by a few and Keegan was 4-5 FG and 2-2 from three. The entire rest of the game the Kings went 2-22 from three and lost the critical home game. Meanwhile, Keegan never got another shot... NOT ONE. I never even saw the ball passed to him again. WTF?!? He was pretty much just out there to stand in the corner and watch as Fox drove to the basket and other players clanked threes.
Weird game. For the first 5 mins of the game Keegan was the best player out there. And yeah he literally hardly touched the ball the rest of the game and didn't get a single shot. That's coaching and that's on Fox who primarily handles the ball. They were hell bent on trying to get Huerter and Barnes going. Well that came at Keegans and the teams expense. They had a lot of empty possessions because of it. Barnes did ok later in the game. Down the stretch they just had Fox and Monk go one on one forcing the issue. Let Keegan keep coming off screens and get up some shots. He clearly showed he can do it. But they had him just camp out in the corner and stand there like a tree most of the time

Difficult to understand

Keegan was on fire and they were determined to ignore him

NObody else was hitting threes, they preferred to drive into serious traffic time after time

The teamwork and playoff experience of the Warriors was a vast contrast to the Kings

Fox'e injury didn't help matters

I look into the Chrystal ball and do not foresee another win for the Kings

Alas

:cool: