Keegan starting for the Kings vs the Warriors: Game One

LOL. The sky is falling! Basically, the only remaining highly drafted rookie in the NBA had two quiet games in the playoffs where he did nothing to hurt his team, but rode the bench as other guys on the team stepped up and played well. Oh, and he is starting. As a rookie. For one of the best teams in the NBA that was a laughing stock up until this season when Murray was drafted. He also made more 3s than any other rookie in league history.

Perspective gents.....

LOL. The sky is falling! Basically, the only remaining highly drafted rookie in the NBA had two quiet games in the playoffs where he did nothing to hurt his team, but rode the bench as other guys on the team stepped up and played well. Oh, and he is starting. As a rookie. For one of the best teams in the NBA that was a laughing stock up until this season when Murray was drafted. He also made more 3s than any other rookie in league history.

Perspective gents.....
Well it would be nice if he did something out there... He's looked pretty tentative so far. They really aren't going to him at all so he's not able to get in any kind of shooting rhythm. He's doing ok on D I think. I mean relatively speaking every matchup out there is brutal for him and about anyone. They screen so much and switch so often it's a wild game between those two teams really. About as fast paced a game as you'll see.

We lived in an apartment on Frederick St, about 2/3 blocks away from Haight St

Close to Golden Gate Park and Kezar Stadium

We used to go across the bridge to Marin County to Muir Woods every Sunday and climb
the trails on Mount Tamalpais to watch the fog roll in on the City

Your dad sounds very cool

:cool:
Met my wife in the Haight -- in the basement of a Mennonite house church. Used to run the stairs at Kezar and trails in GGPark.

Now I am worried. Keegan now has 2 games in a row with limited minutes. At least the Kings are up 2-0 on the defending champions.

This isn't that abnormal for rookies, especially in their first playoff games. Brown is a veteran coach and I think is managing this roster pretty good.

That Monk is performing and playing well, so he is going with the hot player.

Well it would be nice if he did something out there... He's looked pretty tentative so far. They really aren't going to him at all so he's not able to get in any kind of shooting rhythm. He's doing ok on D I think. I mean relatively speaking every matchup out there is brutal for him and about anyone. They screen so much and switch so often it's a wild game between those two teams really. About as fast paced a game as you'll see.

I think he is playing withing the plan/scheme for this offense. Obviously, Fox and Sabonis are the go to's Keegan is on the wing spacing the floor and contributes when he can with an open shot, or rebounding and put backs. He is not the focal point yet. We in Iowa don't get to watch him all that much during the season because of the TV deals. You can tell his role when he is out there.

He has been tentative to a point, but he is a smart player and knows not to force any shots at this point, especially after not hitting them early in these two games. It's going to come to him.

Worried about what? Murray’s not hurt and he’s not going anywhere. He will be in the league for a long time.

This is the playoffs against a powerhouse, things aren’t like regular season.

Plus the Kings need solid Experience on the court

They played well with Keegan in the game, kept their lead, and gave a starter
a bit of a break

He gonna be alright, I am impressed by the other Iowa Lad, Harrison Barnes

I think he is playing withing the plan/scheme for this offense. Obviously, Fox and Sabonis are the go to's Keegan is on the wing spacing the floor and contributes when he can with an open shot, or rebounding and put backs. He is not the focal point yet. We in Iowa don't get to watch him all that much during the season because of the TV deals. You can tell his role when he is out there.

He has been tentative to a point, but he is a smart player and knows not to force any shots at this point, especially after not hitting them early in these two games. It's going to come to him.
I saw him play like 3 times on NBA Tv this yr. They go stretches where they'll run him off screens and get him looks. And when he's on they'll keep feeding him. In these games yeah they've stuck him in the corner and pretty much just had him stand there while ball screening on the other side of the court mostly. He's not been playing all that many mins either. Only 16 last night when he'd been playing almost twice that.

I find it interesting that GS has played him so tight. I would think they'd play off him and make the rookie hit some shots. Lord knows they need to help off someone as much as Fox has been killing them. Kudos to the guy for being so good all yr that GS feels like they can't be helping off him much. Cause they've been playing him honest.

I saw him play like 3 times on NBA Tv this yr. They go stretches where they'll run him off screens and get him looks. And when he's on they'll keep feeding him. In these games yeah they've stuck him in the corner and pretty much just had him stand there while ball screening on the other side of the court mostly. He's not been playing all that many mins either. Only 16 last night when he'd been playing almost twice that.

I find it interesting that GS has played him so tight. I would think they'd play off him and make the rookie hit some shots. Lord knows they need to help off someone as much as Fox has been killing them. Kudos to the guy for being so good all yr that GS feels like they can't be helping off him much. Cause they've been playing him honest.

They were lucky to win the first game with Sabonis not having a very good game. You can tell they are really looking to push the ball on GS.

Monk is playing so well that it's hard not to go with him and I think that happens. The coach is going to go with a hot guy, nobody who it is. No slight on any player but it's the NBA with all quality players so Brown is going to go with a player that is having a good run. It might be Keegan another night. Heuter is an active body to and making some plays.

What's going to happen here is Golden State is going to adjust and try to stop the hot hands that have been hurting them...and that's when Keegan will get his opportunity to step up.

Keegan's a rookie, seeing this stuff for the first time. His coach is easing him into this thing called play-off basketball. Keegan will adapt and get better. His learning curve has been incredible for a rookie. Just needs to have a little success.

He has been a decoy all year. Rarely has he had any plays run for him. Sobonis gets him some action from time to time but he is there to spread the court for Fox and Sobonis.

He has been a decoy all year. Rarely has he had any plays run for him. Sobonis gets him some action from time to time but he is there to spread the court for Fox and Sobonis.
Yeah he's like their 4th or 5th option on O. For a few possessions a game they'll run a set for him trying to get him open. It's just not all that often. And during these two games I'm not sure they've done it more then once. If he wants the ball he's gotta go get rebounds/loose balls and mix it up inside more. He's capable of that too.

Green got suspended for the next game for what he did. So that's an interesting lineup issue that could be in Keegans favor for game 3.

Kings lose game 3 to Warriors

Keegan plays 22 minutes in game 3. 6 points. 2 of 7 from the field. 5 rebounds. 0 assists.

Continues to be a tough series for Keegan.

The Kings might not be in the tournament without Keegan

His current dilemma reminds me of Peyton's troubles early in the season

It happens, don't know if he will regain his touch before the tournament is finished

The Kings weren't prepared to play the World Champions in their house

Might lose the next one

Sir Charles still picks the Kings, despite his companion's ridicule

He made some good points

The Kings still lead the series 2-1

If they lose the next game they still have two games at home, and the Warriors have been rather
terrible on the road this season

We shall see...

They have been giving Keegan some respect

This is a good thing

This was always going to be a bad matchup for Murray. He doesn’t have the quickness to defend the Warriors on the perimeter. He was always going to have a short leash in this series…you can’t have a struggling rookie playing significant minutes in the playoffs against the defending champs

Latest posts