Keegan starting for the Kings vs the Warriors: Game One

Weird game. For the first 5 mins of the game Keegan was the best player out there. And yeah he literally hardly touched the ball the rest of the game and didn't get a single shot. That's coaching and that's on Fox who primarily handles the ball. They were hell bent on trying to get Huerter and Barnes going. Well that came at Keegans and the teams expense. They had a lot of empty possessions because of it. Barnes did ok later in the game. Down the stretch they just had Fox and Monk go one on one forcing the issue. Let Keegan keep coming off screens and get up some shots. He clearly showed he can do it. But they had him just camp out in the corner and stand there like a tree most of the time

It was frustrating to watch the incompetence

Has to be on the Coach

Either that or he was just letting the team run wild and undisciplined

There was no strategy that I could see

It was frustrating to watch the incompetence

Has to be on the Coach

Either that or he was just letting the team run wild and undisciplined

There was no strategy that I could see
The types of shots they can get Keegan are looks he can get damn near every possession much like how GS frees up Klay Thompson. It's so frustrating because Sabonis is a solid ball handling big who plays really well at the high post. He's a dang good passer. Those two can play off each other to get Keegan those looks. But they just did it a few times and that was it. The rest of the game he just ran to the corner and sat there like he was in time out while Fox did his thing.

They had a guy as hot as he was and then just totally took him out of the game by themselves. It wasn't from anything GS did. Just the oddest thing I've seen in quite a while and it cost em.

The types of shots they can get Keegan are looks he can get damn near every possession much like how GS frees up Klay Thompson. It's so frustrating because Sabonis is a solid ball handling big who plays really well at the high post. He's a dang good passer. Those two can play off each other to get Keegan those looks. But they just did it a few times and that was it. The rest of the game he just ran to the corner and sat there like he was in time out while Fox did his thing.

They had a guy as hot as he was and then just totally took him out of the game by themselves. It wasn't from anything GS did. Just the oddest thing I've seen in quite a while and it cost em.

It is tricky. The Murray twins are not exactly Alpha(s). They are not going to demand the basketball. "Clear out I got this" isn't how they operate. That sort of mentality has its pluses and minuses...last night it would have been a plus if Keegan was wired that way.

It is tricky. The Murray twins are not exactly Alpha(s). They are not going to demand the basketball. "Clear out I got this" isn't how they operate. That sort of mentality has its pluses and minuses...last night it would have been a plus if Keegan was wired that way.

The Coach should be wired to recognize that Keegan was the only one nailing threes

NoBody else was, 2 threes from Keegan over the last 3 quarters could have determined
a victory for the Hapless Kings who are about to be removed from the throne room

None the less 3 of the first four games were worth the price of admission

:cool:

For sure they aren't wired that way. I doubt that mindset will ever really change for him either. As a rookie he's obviously been pretty passive. He's dependent upon plays being ran for him and the guards getting him the ball at his spots. He's not a ball handling 3/4 guy so much that creates something on his own. I totally think that's on the coaches and Fox who primarily runs the show on the floor for them.

Before he got drafted I was hoping and figuring that Keegan would have -- if he's lucky -- a chance to have a career like Barnes: be a solid starter, have a long career, play for a variety of teams, and perhaps get a title as a backup if he's lucky. Barnes is the perfect teammate for Keegan to emulate, but he needs to work on his quickness and footspeed, both offensively and defensively. If he can do that, he'll be around long after Barnes retires.

KINGS WIN

They let Keegan play 45 minutes, most of anyone on the team

Keegan had 15 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 assists

They made the Warriors look like Punks

On to Sunday's game, Lads

Also interesting that in Game 5 the Ames guy, Barnes, misses what would have been the game winnning shot at the end and the Kings do down 3-2 at home, then the Cedar Rapids guy gets the minutes in Game 6, get a double double and Barnes sits and gets the minutes Keegan got in Game 5.

Maybe the hot hand will determine the Game 7 minutes?

Humpty Dumpty Fall GIF | Gfycat

Nothing to be ashamed of at all

Took the reigning World Champions to the Limit

In their first Tournament appearance in almost 20 years

Keegan had the announcers talking about him

Curry scored 50 points

Kings scored 100 points

First round of the NBA playoffs kind of proves that experience matters and the old guard is not going away so easily.

Steph Curry, Lebran James, and Kevin Durant all advance to 2nd round after rather forgettable regular seasons. Now it's Curry vs James in the 2nd round.

Nothing to be ashamed of at all

Took the reigning World Champions to the Limit

In their first Tournament appearance in almost 20 years

Keegan had the announcers talking about him

Curry scored 50 points

Kings scored 100 points
2 inches away from a Harrison Barnes 3 pointer having gone in to Kings winning in 6. Pretty evenly matched teams I'd say. It's too bad it was a 1st round series. Warriors just under performed all yr long especially on the road. Curry is ridiculous when he's on there's no stopping him. He's either going to hit shots or he's not. Well yesterday he hit a bunch and just kept firing. They just come down and setup a pick and roll with whomever they want to pick on. They went after Murray a lot. You want to try and make Curry take tough long 2 pt shots if you can but that's easier said then done...

Kings are going to be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. I think Keegan has room for growth. He played well within himself as a rookie. I think he has even better basketball in him. I might be watching more NBA next year.....

2 inches away from a Harrison Barnes 3 pointer having gone in to Kings winning in 6. Pretty evenly matched teams I'd say. It's too bad it was a 1st round series. Warriors just under performed all yr long especially on the road. Curry is ridiculous when he's on there's no stopping him. He's either going to hit shots or he's not. Well yesterday he hit a bunch and just kept firing. They just come down and setup a pick and roll with whomever they want to pick on. They went after Murray a lot. You want to try and make Curry take tough long 2 pt shots if you can but that's easier said then done...

Yeah, they came that close

I believe DeAndre Fox's injury was a major factor, he didn't attempt many three-point shots
after the injury

He was deadly in the first two games and a major reason why they won starting out in the series

It was fun to watch

Now perhaps they will have more Sactomento King games on the regular cable/streaming services

Most of them were on NBA TV which you have to pay for, only a handful of Kings games were on
this season on Youtube TV

Kings are going to be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. I think Keegan has room for growth. He played well within himself as a rookie. I think he has even better basketball in him. I might be watching more NBA next year.....

The playoffs were an invaluable experience for Keegan

Took 2/3 games for him to contribute, but he did well toward the end of the series

The announcers criticized him when he was guarding Curry who only made 50 points

NOBODY could guard Curry, he would be falling to the floor and toss it into the basket
while off balance and using his hands to break his fall

DAMN

Yeah, now I can cheer for the Warriors who have been providing thrills for years

I even liked Draymond when I used to watch them

This might be their last championship if they win

Lads getting a bit older

But I thought Curry looked tired toward the end of the first quarter

What do I know...

Possibly-accurate-what-do-i-know GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

:cool:

Last edited:
I think they'll be letting Barnes walk. What they do to replace him and better use all the $ they were paying him will largely determine their future. All they have to do is not F that up really and yeah their future is bright the next couple yrs for sure

Latest posts