Keegan starting for the Kings vs the Warriors: Game One

Was able to watch the final half of the 4th qtr. Was thrilled to see the Kings win, but disappointed not to see Murray on the floor. Can anyone who watched the whole game fill in some details, please?

Was able to watch the final half of the 4th qtr. Was thrilled to see the Kings win, but disappointed not to see Murray on the floor. Can anyone who watched the whole game fill in some details, please?
I think Coach brown just went with hotter, more experienced hands. Malik Monk, who went off for 32, was definitely a hotter hand.

Keegan had two points in 16 minutes, missed the first three shots he attempted, and seemed to struggle to get into the flow of the game. He was being contested, and he forced a couple.

Coach Brown definitely wasn't happy with the team's overall defensive effort early and Keegan may have also been a "guilty by association" casualty of that as well.

I wasn’t able to watch last night either, but I checked out the box score a few minutes ago. Lyles/Monk came off the bench for 48. Add Fox’s 38 and that is 86 of Kings’ 126.

Last edited:
I think Coach brown just went with hotter, more experienced hands. Malik Monk, who went off for 32, was definitely a hotter hand.

Keegan had two points in 16 minutes, missed the first three shots he attempted, and seemed to struggle to get into the flow of the game. He was being contested, and he forced a couple.

Coach Brown definitely wasn't happy with the team's overall defensive effort early and Keegan may have also been a "guilty by association" casualty of that as well.

The Kings are having their best season in over 20 years and they got the worst possible match up in the first round. This is going 7.

The Kings are bad defensively, they are bottom 5 in every major defensive category. Which is weird because Mike Brown is known for being a defensive coach.

The Kings are having their best season in over 20 years and they got the worst possible match up in the first round. This is going 7.

The Kings are bad defensively, they are bottom 5 in every major defensive category. Which is weird because Mike Brown is known for being a defensive coach.
Could be a bad matchup for Golden State as well. Brown was Kerr's top assistant for seven seasons.

But I agree, it will go seven. And the survivor will likely draw Memphis in round 2. But for Keegan it will be a valuable learning experience all the way around.

Yeah, Keegan started out 0-3 from treyland with pretty open looks...all 3 rimmed out. Lyles came in for him and went 3-3 from basically the same spots as Murray. Murray wasn't terrible defensively when I was watching him, but Golden State players move so quickly away from the ball, it's a challenge for any team, and I'm sure a huge mental challenge for a rookie.
That game lived up to the hype! Having lived in SF for awhile I've always been a Golden State fan, but I'm a Sacramento fan this series, and it looks like it's gonna be a doozy. With 3 min remaining in the 3rd period the Warriors were up 10 and the Kings were fading. But suddenly the Kings caught fire and by the end of the 3rd, Sacto led 91-90. The first 5-6 min of the 4th qtr was a display of the best bball players in the world playing to the best of their ability -- on both sides. Back and forth, haymaker after haymaker. Stunning ball.

Keegan wasn't nailing the threes

Sabonis had a rather lackluster game scoring

Perhaps the first game in the playoffs against the World Champs created jitters

Keegan had an athletic tip-in on a missed shot, the msst athletic play of the game

Harrison Barnes had a Solid game

The Warriors are showing their age

Draymond looks 5/6 years older than last year

The Warrior starters showed fatigue in the first quarter

Curry nailed some highlight threes

Gonna be a fun series to watch, really don't give a Fiddlers F about the other games

Always have liked the Warriors

Philadelphia and Boston both look like the World Champs

James Hardin is really fun to watch, the coolest cat in the NBA and
smooth as silk

Yeah, Keegan started out 0-3 from treyland with pretty open looks...all 3 rimmed out. Lyles came in for him and went 3-3 from basically the same spots as Murray. Murray wasn't terrible defensively when I was watching him, but Golden State players move so quickly away from the ball, it's a challenge for any team, and I'm sure a huge mental challenge for a rookie.
That game lived up to the hype! Having lived in SF for awhile I've always been a Golden State fan, but I'm a Sacramento fan this series, and it looks like it's gonna be a doozy. With 3 min remaining in the 3rd period the Warriors were up 10 and the Kings were fading. But suddenly the Kings caught fire and by the end of the 3rd, Sacto led 91-90. The first 5-6 min of the 4th qtr was a display of the best bball players in the world playing to the best of their ability -- on both sides. Back and forth, haymaker after haymaker. Stunning ball.

We moved to SF in '67 and lived there 3 years

Went to the Fillmore every Thursday and Sunday night

Cost $3 a ticket and a free poster for the next week's show

Jimi Hendrik, Cream, the Who, Pink Floyd,

Three groups on every playing bill

Pink Floyd in their first USA tour, were very strange, they had 8' Marshall Amps at the
back of the stage and started playing Interstellar Overdrive while hidden behind the amps
They drifted out from behind wearing long black cloaks, lookin' like Vampires

The fans went Nuts, the San Francisco groups all were in the audience and very friendly
Janis Joplin was standing behind me at one of the Thursday Night "Doors" show

Good Times, Lads

Last edited:

Pink Floyd in their first USA tour, were very strange, they had 8' Marshall Amps at the
back of the stage and started playing Interstellar Overdrive while hidden behind the amps

The fan went Nuts, the San Francisco groups all were in the audience and very friendly
Janis Joplin was standing behind me at the Thursday Night Doors show

Good Times, Lads
I'm jealous!

The fan went Nuts, the San Francisco groups all were in the audience and very friendly
Janis Joplin was standing behind me at the Thursday Night Doors show

Good Times, Lads
If you were hangin' on Haight St. I may have seen you in '68. My Dad, a dairy farmer on the edge of Waterloo, drove the entire family to SF when I was 10 yrs old. I distinctly remember him driving us down Haight St., which was jammed in the summer of '68. People hangin' and sittin' on the street didn't like all the tourists -- like us -- looking at them as if they were animals in a zoo, so they'd hold up mirrors so we'd see ourselves instead. Last year I asked my 94 yr old Dad why he took us to that specific place at that moment in time. "Well, I'd read about it and heard about it, and I wanted to go there to see it for myself." A good, curious man.
I moved there in '78 and saw Springsteen at the Fillmore just before it closed. But you were there in the glory years, for sure!

If you were hangin' on Haight St. I may have seen you in '68. My Dad, a dairy farmer on the edge of Waterloo, drove the entire family to SF when I was 10 yrs old. I distinctly remember him driving us down Haight St., which was jammed in the summer of '68. People hangin' and sittin' on the street didn't like all the tourists -- like us -- looking at them as if they were animals in a zoo, so they'd hold up mirrors so we'd see ourselves instead. Last year I asked my 94 yr old Dad why he took us to that specific place at that moment in time. "Well, I'd read about it and heard about it, and I wanted to go there to see it for myself." A good, curious man.
I moved there in '78 and saw Springsteen at the Fillmore just before it closed. But you were there in the glory years, for sure!

We lived in an apartment on Frederick St, about 2/3 blocks away from Haight St

Close to Golden Gate Park and Kezar Stadium

We used to go across the bridge to Marin County to Muir Woods every Sunday and climb
the trails on Mount Tamalpais to watch the fog roll in on the City

Your dad sounds very cool

:cool:

Last edited:
To me he just didn't have his best game. I think Brown might have worried about the stage early on in the series as it was the first game. I think Murry will settle in more as the series goes. I think Brown was playing some experience and he probably knows Keegan will settle in more going forward. I see his time increasing as the series goes. Brown was going with guys that were contributing more that game.

Did anyone see Kris on the pregame show? If not, google it. He basically said he is looking forward to playing against Keagan next season and he talked some smack. It was great.

Happy for both of these Iowa kids.

Murray was not hitting his shot and playing bad defense. Shell shocked kind of, Lyle came off the bench and played his normal minutes. Lyle defended, rebounded, and hit the three. If Murray doesn't at least hit his threes he's not playing much in this series. I expect him to play better tonight. The problem is the guys he's defending, Poole, Thompson, and Steph, are all quicker than he is. It's a tough match up for him.

Game 2 was the same for Murray. He only played 16 minutes, took only one shot and missed it.
Now I am worried. Keegan now has 2 games in a row with limited minutes. At least the Kings are up 2-0 on the defending champions.

Now I am worried. Keegan now has 2 games in a row with limited minutes. At least the Kings are up 2-0 on the defending champions.
Worried about what? Murray’s not hurt and he’s not going anywhere. He will be in the league for a long time.

This is the playoffs against a powerhouse, things aren’t like regular season.