Kadyn Proctor Speculation

I'm curious about the Crystal Ball predictions for Iowa on 247 sports from these national recruiting analysts. There is a significant wave of these experts picking Iowa... but I still haven't seen any kind of announcement in the media or hint that he's coming home.

Are these recruiting experts really certain about this? Or are they trying to generate buzz and clicks by making a bold prediction and Proctor coming home to Iowa is "logical" on many fronts?

I know academics isn't really a concern any longer in major college sports, but how does the start of 2nd semester impact transfers? I assume both Alabama and Iowa (as well as any other D1 school) have already started 2nd semester, so at this point would Proctor have to stay to finish the year at Bama, or can someone transfer even after the semester started?

Classes for spring semester started this week.

I think I heard the deadline to enroll this semester is Jan. 29 but I'm too lazy to look it up. I do know it's usually a few weeks after semester begins.

I know academics isn't really a concern any longer in major college sports, but how does the start of 2nd semester impact transfers? I assume both Alabama and Iowa (as well as any other D1 school) have already started 2nd semester, so at this point would Proctor have to stay to finish the year at Bama, or can someone transfer even after the semester started?
They all have "tutors" that can catch them up.

This kid has to do just enough to stay eligible through the Fall of '25. After that, he will be protecting someone's blindside in the NFL. If the rules allowed it, he would probably get drafted this year.

Enjoy underwater basketweaving 101

This kid has to do just enough to stay eligible through the Fall of '25. After that, he will be protecting someone's blindside in the NFL. If the rules allowed it, he would probably get drafted this year.

Enjoy underwater basketweaving 101

Wait, didn’t Ohio state offer that class to their superstar linebacker many, many, ions ago??? I want to say his name started with the letter “K”. Likely also the same letter he got for grades on his exams.

The “student” part of “student-athlete” went out the window about a decade ago

I'm curious about the Crystal Ball predictions for Iowa on 247 sports from these national recruiting analysts. There is a significant wave of these experts picking Iowa... but I still haven't seen any kind of announcement in the media or hint that he's coming home.

Are these recruiting experts really certain about this? Or are they trying to generate buzz and clicks by making a bold prediction and Proctor coming home to Iowa is "logical" on many fronts?
It's all "best guess" simply repeated by multiple people.

They all have "tutors" that can catch them up.

College can be as hard or difficult as you want it to be athlete or not. The course catalog is full of cupcake courses.

When I was going most of the kids in these were the ones where daddy had a job waiting for them and they just did enough to not get expelled for 4 years. The drive and dedication of athletes usually applies to school as well.

Rob: Any idea on how much $$ the Swarm is offering him? And how that compares to what the Indigenous Elephant paid him last season? (Have never understood why AL uses an elephant for its mascot. Makes about as much sense as A Mess using "cyclone" when that is the term used for hurricanes in the Indian Ocean!)

Students searching the email directory found this Proctor has an iowa edu email.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240119_210318_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240119_210318_X.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 25
College can be as hard or difficult as you want it to be athlete or not. The course catalog is full of cupcake courses.

When I was going most of the kids in these were the ones where daddy had a job waiting for them and they just did enough to not get expelled for 4 years. The drive and dedication of athletes usually applies to school as well.
I took a PE course entitled "Relaxation". Literally had a discussion of sleep patterns. Then we'd unroll our mats and sleep for 40 minutes. "The World of Wine" in that little auditorium in the main library - 2 more credits for sampling expensive wine. Speech 1 & 2, Debate and Parliamentary Procedure, 6 more hours of an almost assured A for the varsity athletes.

Almost every undergrad department has classes that anyone capable of a university education can easily get at least a C. The geography department surely has some very easy classes. A kid would have to almost seek ineligibility as easy the curriculum can be for an undergraduate.

Just remembered "Man and his Physical Environment" a/k/a "Rocks for Jocks". Was that 4 hours?

Last edited:
I took a PE course entitled "Relaxation". Literally had a discussion of sleep patterns. Then we'd unroll our mats and sleep for 40 minutes. "The World of Wine" in that little auditorium in the main library - 2 more credits for sampling expensive wine. Speech 1 & 2, Debate and Parliamentary Procedure, 6 more hours of an almost assured A for the varsity athletes.

Almost every undergrad department has classes that anyone capable of a university education can easily get at least a C. The geography department surely has some very easy classes. A kid would have to almost seek ineligibility as easy the curriculum can be for an undergraduate.

Just remembered "Man and his Physical Environment" a/k/a "Rocks for Jocks". Was that 4 hours?

The only gimmes I took were ROTC classes. They literally gave you a print out with test answers on the day of the test. It was only 1 credit hour but they only had the classes to try and recruit people.

The only gimmes I took were ROTC classes. They literally gave you a print out with test answers on the day of the test. It was only 1 credit hour but they only had the classes to try and recruit people.
I started with 32 hours so I could look around for some stat stuffers. The best were World of Wines and fencing. Of course, the 40-minute nap was a good one.

I started with 32 hours so I could look around for some stat stuffers. The best were World of Wines and fencing. Of course, the 40-minute nap was a good one.
Art Appreciation. I can’t remember if I ever even showed up after orientation but I know I got an A somehow. Pretty sure it was a librarian at my college who had just gotten her masters and was teaching adjunct to make some money. She didn’t give a shit first of all, and the last thing she wanted to do was make waves by failing someone or giving them a shitty grade.

Just pay us the tuition, take your piece of paper, and move along. College is a huge waste of money in 99.9999996243% of cases.

Latest posts