Just 60 Days until THE BOOM!

It will be here before you know it. Let's just enjoy a bit more summer before we turn our attention to fall.

We've already lost about 5 minutes of daylight in the past couple of weeks. Summer is slowly, but surely fading away, already....

Cannot wait for a little hawkeye football! Walking into Kinnick for the first time each year always gives me goosebumps!

It will be here before you know it. Let's just enjoy a bit more summer before we turn our attention to fall.

We've already lost about 5 minutes of daylight in the past couple of weeks. Summer is slowly, but surely fading away, already....

C'mon Debby Downer, we still have July/Aug/Sept with nice & warm weather to look forward to!

I'm w/ Ron on this, I have some stuff to do yet this summer before kickoff, and it's depressing for me to know that once football season gets here, plowing snow is just around the corner, I need a little more summer, I haven't got my fill.

I'm not being a Debbie Downer, I love Hawkeye football as much as anyone, but it will be here before you turn around and while that is good, it means the snow will be flying once again shortly after.

Like Poncho, I still have some summer projects to complete and I'm much rather spend some time on my new John Deere riding mower as spend time with my Honda snowblower.

Just savor the summer, enjoy the anticipation of the football season and let it come at it's own pace. It will get here, trust me.

C'mon Debby Downer, we still have July/Aug/Sept with nice & warm weather to look forward to!

I know I'm in the minority, but Summer is my least favorite season. Thank god for WC, because it is just a sports void. When football comes on, it is almost time to dust off the skis and hit the hills!

I know I'm in the minority, but Summer is my least favorite season. Thank god for WC, because it is just a sports void. When football comes on, it is almost time to dust off the skis and hit the hills!

You are not alone NYCHawkeye. Summer is my least favorite season as well.

Don't have to deal with mowing the lawn, stuck up neighbors or partying neighbors til all hours of the morning (different when you have kids), no really enjoyable sports, and sweating / more than one shower a day sometimes.

Fall and winter have the better sports, less yard/house maintenance, less outdoor bs.

I love summer. And we haven't really had one this year with all of this stupid rain. I am excited for Hawkeye football. But I also have lots of summer stuff I want to do. So it wouldn't bother me if the next couple of months dragged along.

Feel free to look ahead. It's not like you can fast-forward through the 60 days. I'll enjoy the summer while keeping an eye toward the fall. I'm a baseball guy and love the summer, but by late July/early August, I inevitably grow weary of the heat and humidity and long for a crisp Saturday morning in Iowa City.

To give you an idea of how close football season really is, I believe the Dallas Cowboys are the first team to open full squad preseason camp - in just 18 days (7/24).

Keep your ears open for cicadas. When those boys start humming, it's just about time for the men of the gridiron to strap on the pads and hit the practice field.

Been working on the tailgate menus for a couple of weeks already. Nothing better than popping that first cold one to start a Kinnick Saturday with 70,000+ of your closest friends. The walk to the stadium, rubbing Nile's helmet and hearing the first notes of "Back in Black."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0oOU5visik]YouTube - Iowa Hawkeye Intro[/ame]

tailgate menus??

For Maine a couple years back, we had steamed lobster, corn, ribeyes and scallops.

Let's hook up for a few cold ones this fall...you'll see what I mean. The wife think I'm nuts, we're parked by 5:30am and drinking and cooking shortly after.

For Maine a couple years back, we had steamed lobster, corn, ribeyes and scallops.

Let's hook up for a few cold ones this fall...you'll see what I mean. The wife think I'm nuts, we're parked by 5:30am and drinking and cooking shortly after.

can i come? no, really...can i come?

Latest posts