Josh Jackson with pick six

It has been pretty hot and humid in Iowa this summer, but we've had a lot of rain in E. Iowa (especially this week.) It's suppose to be hot and humid till Monday, then drop down into the low 80's. Seems like winter just ended here because we had freezing rain and snow on April 18th which was kind of a surprise. I'm looking forward to Autumn's cool weather, but not old man winter
upload_2018-8-17_13-25-48.png

It has been pretty hot and humid in Iowa this summer, but we've had a lot of rain in E. Iowa (especially this week.) It's suppose to be hot and humid till Monday, then drop down into the low 80's. Seems like winter just ended here because we had freezing rain and snow on April 18th which was kind of a surprise. I'm looking forward to Autumn's cool weather, but not old man winter
It was hotter by Memorial Day in Iowa than it's been where I live down south all summer. At least the blizzards and cold spells will make up for it!

I like winter strictly because I fish 2-3 days a week from December till the end of March. If not for that I’d rather not have it. I hate snow and wind, just want it cold enough for a couple feet of ice.

Fall is my favorite weather by far. Hoodie, jeans, and maybe a stocking hat in the morning...I could take a whole year of that.

100° and high humidity? Nope.
I love September/October when it's chilly in the mornings, then warms up during the day and cools off again when it get's dark. I have noticed that it's already getting darker sooner. A week and a half ago I wasn't turning on my house lights until almost 9 pm, now I'm turning them on at about 8:15 pm. In about 4 weeks we'll start to see trees changing colors.

Last edited:
My goal in life is to never live in a place that has ice fishing ever again. Y'all up north are only about 6-7 weeks away from temps in the 30's. Oh well, at least September and that first week of October are usually pretty nice.
That's OK. You can have your fire ants and eventually your killer bees.

And wait until the first one inch snowfall. The locals treat it like Armageddon is coming!

Tennessee/Alabama/Georgia will always be there when I want to visit.

We've had a consistently hot/humid summer in the Midwest after four or five that were near or below average. Memorial Day weekend and it's upper 90's set the tone.

They are owned by the government and most Americans hate communism. Wisconsin is also a hotbed of communism so I hate everything from there other than Spotted Cow, Sheboygan brats and squeaky curds.
Spotted Cow is OK. I went through a stage where I like Berghoff Dark

I've been on a Potosi brew kick this summer. Along with Capital Amber and Blue Moon Belgian White.

Because of their loser fan base

18j5j70aic5ozjpg.jpg
200w.webp

Spotted Cow is OK. I went through a stage where I like Berghoff Dark

I've been on a Potosi brew kick this summer. Along with Capital Amber and Blue Moon Belgian White.

Wisconsin is about two things when it comes to beer: Leinenkugel "original" lager, aka "Chippewa Pride", and Point Special (the original from Point). Once upon a time, it was also about Old Style.

It was NEVER about Pabst or Rhinelander Export. Ever. (Although I confess to buying 49-cent quarts of Rhinelander Export at John's Grocery back in the day)

Wisconsin is about two things when it comes to beer: Leinenkugel "original" lager, aka "Chippewa Pride", and Point Special (the original from Point). Once upon a time, it was also about Old Style.

It was NEVER about Pabst or Rhinelander Export. Ever. (Although I confess to buying 49-cent quarts of Rhinelander Export at John's Grocery back in the day)
I'll drink Leinies, as long as it's amber. Went through an Old Style stage early in college, can't do it now. Black Label used to be the cheapest case you could buy at John's. Needless to say, you got what you paid for.

Remember when Kirk downplayed the possibilities of Jackson in the draft? I do.

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...kson-drake-kulick-trophy-wisconsin/838745001/
Classic coachspeak? Who knows. In 1996 a reporter asked Hayden Fry about the possibility of Sedrick Shaw being a Heisman Trophy candidate. Hayden tersely replied (probable paraphrase) "I'm not sure if he's even as good as Tavian Banks. Tavian can move ahead of him on the depth chart at any time."

My take? They were dead even. Tavian's broken wrist in 1995 cost him dearly and he looked like a Heisman candidate himself the first month of 1997 until a bad ankle slowed him down. Banks was able to come back for the 1995 Sun Bowl game and break off a 70-75 yard run late in the contest.

Barring injury, I doubt we will see Josh starting week one. Offensive schemes become infinitely more complex during the regular season, and he'll need time to adjust to that. At the very least, he should see the field quite a bit in the Packers nickel packages. Either way, it's awesome to see him showcase his ball skills at the next level.

Remember when Kirk downplayed the possibilities of Jackson in the draft? I do.

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...kson-drake-kulick-trophy-wisconsin/838745001/
That was before he'd decided to go... Of course KF would have rather he stuck around for another year. Not remotely surprising. KF had to know he was long gone too within the last few weeks of the season. He'd have been crazy to come back frankly.
Daniels on the other hand as young as he is that was a legit debate I bet. I could see that have going either way and can't blame him for going. The NFL career is just so short that once you are good enough (4th rd pick or better projected) I would say go and get that clock started towards getting your 2nd contract. That's where they really make the big bucks. Waiting and coming back with all the risks pertained to that is just that a big risk...

That was before he'd decided to go... Of course KF would have rather he stuck around for another year. Not remotely surprising. KF had to know he was long gone too within the last few weeks of the season. He'd have been crazy to come back frankly.
Daniels on the other hand as young as he is that was a legit debate I bet. I could see that have going either way and can't blame him for going. The NFL career is just so short that once you are good enough (4th rd pick or better projected) I would say go and get that clock started towards getting your 2nd contract. That's where they really make the big bucks. Waiting and coming back with all the risks pertained to that is just that a big risk...
Daniels should be starting at center for the Bears. The trick is selling it to Trubisky, who has a lot to prove himself. But even Jonathon Ogden started at guard as a rookie before becoming arguably the best left tackle since Anthony Munoz. The offensive line coach who convinced Raven brass that Ogden could play guard for a year or two? Yes, it was Kirk Ferentz.

I'll drink Leinies, as long as it's amber. Went through an Old Style stage early in college, can't do it now. Black Label used to be the cheapest case you could buy at John's. Needless to say, you got what you paid for.

The words "Old Style" send a chill down my spine (and a gurgle into my gut). We lived on that crap. I lived just a few blocks from John's...if they had a frequent flyer program we all could have gone to Hawaii for Spring break.

Latest posts