Jon is right re: Hoiberg's popularity

what was the guy's name who scored 54 points plus or minus a few against the Hawks maybe 20 years ago when they won in overtime? I think it was Sylvester Rhodes or something like that. Maybe Hoiberg should get him as an assistant. I would wager that just as many Hawk fans of my age remember this guy as Hoiberg. My whole family except for me went to ISU, and I like to see the cyclones do well except when the play the Hawks, so let's hope Hoiberg does well for them. That being said, Jeff Horner belongs in IC, not Ames.

Deace is the same guy that:

1. Thought Michigan couldn't possibly have a worse conference record last year than they had the year before.

2. Thought Gene Chizik was the second coming.

3. Thought the ISU basketball team would make the Sweet 16.

4. Thought ISU would beat Iowa in football last year.

The guy got one "out of left field" prediction right a few years back (Fulmer leaving Tennessee) and has ridden that horse as long as he could.

Remember the Seinfeld episode where George lost his glasses and swore he saw Jerry's girlfriend with another man? George said that if he squinted hard enough he could see and reminded Jerry of the time he drove him to the airport without his glasses he was pointing out raccoons left and right and Jerry told him that they were mailboxes....he just didn't have the heart to tell him. I think Jon needs to start telling Deace that what he's seeing are mailboxes, not raccoons.

The dumbest statement Deace has ever made is saying the 2002 UConn womens team could beat an Iowa HS all star team. 2002 Horner Haluska, and Brunner were all senoirs. With that being said, I hope for the best for Fred Hoiberg. I am 49 and would have no problem recognizing FH.

what was the guy's name who scored 54 points plus or minus a few against the Hawks maybe 20 years ago when they won in overtime? I think it was Sylvester Rhodes or something like that. Maybe Hoiberg should get him as an assistant. I would wager that just as many Hawk fans of my age remember this guy as Hoiberg. My whole family except for me went to ISU, and I like to see the cyclones do well except when the play the Hawks, so let's hope Hoiberg does well for them. That being said, Jeff Horner belongs in IC, not Ames.

Lafester Rhodes was his name.

Michael Jordan could walk through most places and not reach 90% recognition. How many of our wives and girlfriends hate sports and wouldn't know him if they saw him? And we're sports fans. How many of non-sports fans' wives and girlfriends would recognize him?

Deace was sort of right: Hoiberg has the potential to be a celebrity in this state. He's got the looks, he's a family man, etc. etc.

Michael Jordan could walk through most places and not reach 90% recognition. How many of our wives and girlfriends hate sports and wouldn't know him if they saw him? And we're sports fans. How many of non-sports fans' wives and girlfriends would recognize him?

Very true, its like how many people would recognize a prominent world leader, or famous author? Ordinary people only recognize people they see on TV and they only remember the ones that are negative.

The Mayor needs to get Hercle Ivy on his coaching staff.

Latest posts