Jok Has Hot Start to Senior Season

You just aren't looking hard enough.

with-net.jpg
Haha Suck it Ghost

I nominate Ghost for Troll of the Year. Can someone page Okeefe? Be careful though, he may consider it billable hours...

my anatomy prof was always pedantic about the patellar tendon: you had to identify it as patellar ligament for full credit. since the patella is a bone, and the tibia is a bone...and it is drawn from for ACL repair...and the latin name is ligamentum patellae....

patellar tendon...patellar ligament...I'd love to know how the duplicate terminology started.

but, it does bring up the question about the nature of Jok's injury. all the press releases say "tear of patellar tendon." Well...is this a partial tear of the bone-to-bone tissue below the patella, or the connecting tendon to the quadricep above it?

if the latter, I've competed against and trained cyclists and speed skaters (before coming to the south) that had overuse injuries of the quadricep tendon that were repaired with debridement and suturing of the tendon, and all were able to come back to pre-injury levels. complete rupture though, yeah, you're screwed.

I'm not a medical professional btw -- I've seen this stuff from the coaching side from training endurance guys in cycling, running, and skating.

interesting that your prof would make that distinciton, cause mine was adamant that the patella be referred to as a sesamoid bone...

also, and this is going down a technical road, i wonder if his injury was acute, or if he had a lot of tendonitis/tendonosis prior to the tear. if it was an acute injury, i'd think his chances are better. though, again, the only folks i've worked with in this scenario were in their 30's and 40's.

community college anatomy. enough said there, perhaps.... thanks for clarifying.

the press releases all say that jok's injury was treated as tendonitis until the mri revealed the tear. that doesn't answer the acute injury or overuse question....

Last edited:
Peter Jok Through Eight Games:

PPG: 24.9 (1st in 4A)
3FG: 22-49 (44.9%). 3rd most made treys in 4A and 3rd most attempts
FT: 43-47 (91.5%) 4th most FTA in 4A, most FT's made, 3rd best % of players who have shot 25 or more FT's
Jok is #1 in FG's made and #2 in attempts.

Latest posts