Jok Has Hot Start to Senior Season

to me stealing means we took something from somebody else, Woodbury would be a steal as UNC wanted him.
just like Michigan stole Hill from Iowa in the 11th hour

Because if everyone thought he'd regain all of his athleticism, to go along with his shooting, he would have had offers from many big time programs. Given how many in state kids who have had such offers and left Iowa the last several years, that's my rationale.

when was the last time a big-time program offered a kid who had not fully completed the rehabilitation of a soft tissue repair in the knee?

I don't think it's a matter of people thinking he was or was not going to regain the athleticism. I think it's a matter that few programs are going to take an early signing period risk on a kid who is still coming off surgery, period. they want to see confirmation, not potential.

AP recovered completely. Pitchers having tommy-john surgery seem to come back better than before. I don't have any fears that he will not be what most of us expect.

AP recovered completely. Pitchers having tommy-john surgery seem to come back better than before. I don't have any fears that he will not be what most of us expect.

AP was covered in posts #28 and #29 on page 2 of this thread. I am not familiar with baseball as I have never watched more than an inning of any game in my life. Setting expectations for a college freshmen is a risky maneuver.

AP was covered in posts #28 and #29 on page 2 of this thread. I am not familiar with baseball as I have never watched more than an inning of any game in my life. Setting expectations for a college freshmen is a risky maneuver.

I don't think anyone is saying Jok will come in and be a starter. Most are looking for him to be a shooter, and play some good solid minutes as a FR. Next years team won't go as Jok goes, but rather as Marble, White, Woody, Gesell, Clemens, and Uthoff go........it has been a long time for Iowa BB where it isn't totally counting on FR to produce immediately, and it is nice!!

jok's injury would seem to have a good prognosis.

for the patellar tendon (which is actually a ligament), there are two grades of injury which require surgery: complete rupture, chronic partial tear. jok had the chronic partial tear. this one can be nasty if there is a history of dislocations of the patella (the kneecap slides off to the outside, and in doing so, causes further damage to the patellar tendon by stretching it), or if there is a long period of swelling and reduced mobility in the knee. in those cases, surgical repair allows the athlete to retun to sports, but often with recurring problems and reduced performance. if the partial tear presents itself like tendonitis, with little swelling and slight reduced mobility, it should respond well to surgery.

jok had the latter. a small partial tear in the tendon should be fully recovered after 2 years. if he has no further problems with the tendon (tendonitis or dislocations of the patella), he should regain almost all of his old explosiveness.

the key here is time. it takes about 2 years for the patellar tendon to fully heal from surgery (I've had a reconstruction that involved cutting mine away from the bone, moving it over, and then stamping it back into the tibia with a surgical steel staple, fwiw). the good thing is if you're going to have damage, better the patellar tendon than the quadriceps one, and better the patellar tendon than a MCL or ACL.

he's not wearing a brace and he's driving to the basket. that's all I need to see. he should be good to go next year.

I can be pretty tough... didn't his coach (Horner) have a knee injury while at Iowa?

Horner sprained his knee his senior year at Iowa against UNI. Missed a few games. I dont recall any other injuries for him while he was at Iowa and he never had one in high school.

Because if everyone thought he'd regain all of his athleticism, to go along with his shooting, he would have had offers from many big time programs. Given how many in state kids who have had such offers and left Iowa the last several years, that's my rationale.

That theory hasn't been proven with Fran at the controls of Iowa. Fran can recruit.

That theory hasn't been proven with Fran at the controls of Iowa. Fran can recruit.

Marcus Paige?

I think it's a bit early to say either way. Some kids will want to come to Iowa and some will not. I think Fran seems to have an uptempo system that kids would want to play in. I will not hold it against Fran if a kid would rather leave Iowa to go to NC, Duke, Kentucky.

It's ridiculos to say he has shut down kids leaving the state. There is not enough sample size really.

I don't think anyone is saying Jok will come in and be a starter. Most are looking for him to be a shooter, and play some good solid minutes as a FR. Next years team won't go as Jok goes, but rather as Marble, White, Woody, Gesell, Clemens, and Uthoff go........it has been a long time for Iowa BB where it isn't totally counting on FR to produce immediately, and it is nice!!

I am new to the board and do not know what the expectations are from people on this site in his regard, just an observation made for freshmen of any team in general.

Wonder what number he will wear next year. Ingram currently wears #24. Maybe he will switch to #23. No research on my part but I think we are probably the only BCS level team that doesn't have someone wearing MJ's old number.

Jok scored 32 on 12/18 in a win...21 in the first half...saw the highlights on TV and really impressed with the time he has put into the weight room re: upper body. He is no rail.

on Jok he went 11-11 from the FTL in scoring the 32 and is shooting over 90% from the line on the season. he also had 12 rbds and 5 assists

Latest posts