Jok Has Hot Start to Senior Season

Disagree. Fran can be VERY persuasive.

I think he would still be a hawk if people thought he would get it back but I don't think he would be one if people knew he would get it back. Does anyone know if people with his injuries usually recover 100%?

I have watched Peter since 7th grade. After 8th grade, Ev Cochrane worked out Harrison Barnes between 12 and 1 and Peter between 1 and 2 the same day. He told me that Peter was already better than Harrison in three areas: shooting, passing and handling. Plan on Jok playing a lot as a freshman.

If people thought he would get it back, I don't think he would be at Iowa.

Jon, what makes you say that? I thought one of the reasons why he committed to Iowa was because the coaches stuck with him through the injuries. Is there anything you have heard that would lead you to believe if someone like North Carolina offered that he would be gone?

Jon, what makes you say that? I thought one of the reasons why he committed to Iowa was because the coaches stuck with him through the injuries. Is there anything you have heard that would lead you to believe if someone like North Carolina offered that he would be gone?

Because if everyone thought he'd regain all of his athleticism, to go along with his shooting, he would have had offers from many big time programs. Given how many in state kids who have had such offers and left Iowa the last several years, that's my rationale.

The jump passes work in high school because he is drawing a crowd. That stuff isn't going to be there as much at next level, unless Jok is used flashing the lane and becomes a weapon there and the forwards can dive when he gets the ball at the elbows

I think he would still be a hawk if people thought he would get it back but I don't think he would be one if people knew he would get it back. Does anyone know if people with his injuries usually recover 100%?

With a knee injury I'm not sure anyone can recover 100%.

The jump passes work in high school because he is drawing a crowd. That stuff isn't going to be there as much at next level, unless Jok is used flashing the lane and becomes a weapon there and the forwards can dive when he gets the ball at the elbows

It is hard to tell how he will translate, because like most players of his caliber in Iowa, he is pretty much the whole team.

I like how he has true English when he goes up with each hand in the lane. Lots of guys can go up with each hand, but one is more of just a lay in or drop off the board.

6'6 and can handle like that? After watching his clips of just shooting 3 after 3, I didnt know. After watching that vid of him putting the ball on the deck, attacking the rim, posting up and cutting into the lane, Im sold. Iowa got a steal

It is hard to tell how he will translate, because like most players of his caliber in Iowa, he is pretty much the whole team.

Sure he is, but you knew that going in. I watch the manner it which he does it and it appears to me hes just toying with the competition. If he was grinding it out, Id be skeptical.

Sure he is, but you knew that going in. I watch the manner it which he does it and it appears to me hes just toying with the competition. If he was grinding it out, Id be skeptical.

Toying with the competition is expected. If he was grinding it out, he wouldn't have been considered for a program like Iowa. This isn't an AAU circuit, it's Iowa high school basketball. I'm not sure what the talent level is of the players who defend him but I can only assume they will not be playing in the Big 10 (or equivalent) next year.

Toying with the competition is expected. If he was grinding it out, he wouldn't have been considered for a program like Iowa. This isn't an AAU circuit, it's Iowa high school basketball. I'm not sure what the talent level is of the players who defend him but I can only assume they will not be playing in the Big 10 (or equivalent) next year.

So what else do you want him to do?

6'6 and can handle like that? After watching his clips of just shooting 3 after 3, I didnt know. After watching that vid of him putting the ball on the deck, attacking the rim, posting up and cutting into the lane, Im sold. Iowa got a steal

Not sure how you meant that. As this program gets better, the better players won't be steals, but expectations.

So what else do you want him to do?

100ppg, 50rpg.

Not saying I want him to do anything else, my post you questioned made sense in the context of it's reply to Jon's post. Not sure if you read what I replied to in that, but everything I have said since was kind of based off of that.

there was a reason why he was a top 5 kid as a freshman, he is now back to 100% and it shows.
rather than call him a steal, why not be happy Iowa got him?

there was a reason why he was a top 5 kid as a freshman, he is now back to 100% and it shows.
rather than call him a steal, why not be happy Iowa got him?

I think calling him a steal implies you're happy we got him. Who steals something they don't want?