Jok An All-American

No offense to Peter -- and, indeed, congrats on the honor -- but would you rather have an All-American forward from Valley HS or an All-American guard from Flint joining this Iowa squad?

No offense to Peter -- and, indeed, congrats on the honor -- but would you rather have an All-American forward from Valley HS or an All-American guard from Flint joining this Iowa squad?

I prefer the one who wanted to be a Hawk.

And let's not forget to congratulate another Hawkeye recruit who made the list: Ally Disterhoft

GO HAWKS!!!

From a pure BBall perspective, that's good company.

no joke

what I think is interesting are the discrepancies between McD and PA

no ray thompson or kingsbury on parade. (no wojciechchowski, no okey, recker, antoine carr...seems a few McDs every year are ignored by PA, and vice-versa.)

Odd that Julius Randle isn't on the list. Good for Jok. If he gets his explosiveness back and shows a good dribble drive game then we got a steal.

Odd that Julius Randle isn't on the list. Good for Jok. If he gets his explosiveness back and shows a good dribble drive game then we got a steal.

Randle only played in 7 games. If anything, it's odd that he was named a McDonald's All-American.

no joke

what I think is interesting are the discrepancies between McD and PA

no ray thompson or kingsbury on parade. (no wojciechchowski, no okey, recker, antoine carr...seems a few McDs every year are ignored by PA, and vice-versa.)

i always thought kingsbury was a parade AA.

just looked him up - he was 4th team parade AA 1992, along with Kenyon Murray, and Settles 1993, Ricky Davis 97.

Realistically, could Iowa have gotten a better fit for next season with its one scholarship? An athletic, 6'6" swing player who can shoot threes?

Realistically, could Iowa have gotten a better fit for next season with its one scholarship? An athletic, 6'6" swing player who can shoot threes?

This hits it right on the head. For those naysayers who were complaining that Jok was brought in, are you saying that a Parade AA is a "risky" player to bring in?

Latest posts