Joe Wieskamp

You said you were done arguing then you came back with this.

Quotes himself.......claims I said it. Hmmmm
Get your helmet and crayons here! Get em while you can!

The definition of done escapes me.
That's interesting. I claimed I was done arguing with people that know nothing but didn't actually name anyone. YOU automatically assumed I was talking about Deano! Lol. I'll let you 2 sort that out. Maybe explain why you think he doesn't know anything.

I never said such a thing. I claimed he was not a P5 conf difference maker. When I offered a wager on his future, I set All Conf as my terms for the wager. You and the rest made the leap all by yourselves.
He's got poor feet and he's not very athletic. Reminds me of Woodbury. I'm not interested in 4 more years of Woodbury.
Is that simple enough for you? Is that plain enough so that you can stop putting words in my mouth.

Yes, you set 1st team all conference as your terms, when clearly you can be a difference maker and never make 1st team all conference. Very simple, very strait forward, you're wrong. Heck, if for whatever reason Jok doesn't make 1st team this year, was he not a difference maker?

Second in regards to your 13 & 7 argument, how many players in the Big 10 do you estimate averaged at least 13 & 7 last year? Without putting a ton of effort into looking it up, I believe the number is two (AJ Hammons & Denzel Valentine), Happ was close. I could have missed someone but still these guys aren't exactly a dime a dozen. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say there is roughly 20-30 of these guys playing in P5 conferences. You're saying if a recruit doesn't get that or 1st team all conference they cannot be a difference maker... Again you're WRONG!!

This is all coming from a guy who mainly agrees with you in your assessment of Garza as a recruit.

Yes, you set 1st team all conference as your terms, when clearly you can be a difference maker and never make 1st team all conference. Very simple, very strait forward, you're wrong. Heck, if for whatever reason Jok doesn't make 1st team this year, was he not a difference maker?

Second in regards to your 13 & 7 argument, how many players in the Big 10 do you estimate averaged at least 13 & 7 last year? Without putting a ton of effort into looking it up, I believe the number is two (AJ Hammons & Denzel Valentine), Happ was close. I could have missed someone but still these guys aren't exactly a dime a dozen. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say there is roughly 20-30 of these guys playing in P5 conferences. You're saying if a recruit doesn't get that or 1st team all conference they cannot be a difference maker... Again you're WRONG!!

This is all coming from a guy who mainly agrees with you in your assessment of Garza as a recruit.
You are trying to connect the 2 and you are wrong in attempting to do that. That's on you.
There absolutely are difference makers in the BIG that don't meet those standards. My goal in offering wagers to idiots is to get them to take bets they can't win. So those bench marks are not my standards. They are lead pipe locks to separate the idiots from their money. Let's be honest, an idiot and his money is lucky enough to get together in the first place.
I hope that clears up any confusion between us.

You are trying to connect the 2 and you are wrong in attempting to do that. That's on you.
There absolutely are difference makers in the BIG that don't meet those standards. My goal in offering wagers to idiots is to get them to take bets they can't win. So those bench marks are not my standards. They are lead pipe locks to separate the idiots from their money. Let's be honest, an idiot and his money is lucky enough to get together in the first place.
I hope that clears up any confusion between us.

Except when no one takes the bet you are the one who looks like the idiot. For example, I could say who wants to bet me $500 that lightning makes a fool of himself in his next couple of posts!? Problem is, no one would take it because you've made it pretty obvious that it's going to happen.

You are like a peacock. You are perfectly harmless but you spread your feathers out to try to act intimidating. No one is falling for it though.

The crazy thing is I'm not huge on Garza either. I'm just not an over the top freaking idiot about it like Lightning is. I mean the guy is so thinned skinned, and so desperate for others to look at him as some expert, that he then doubles down with ridiculous bets. The funny thing is, if you just ask him to bet on what he actually said, he won't take the bet. He said Iowa wouldn't finish above 9th place in the B1G without luck, but he won't bet that. He said Garza is a waste of a scholarship, but he won't bet that, he will only bet he won't be 1st Team All B1G, or something statistically that maybe 10% of college BB big men accomplish. He thinks he looks smart doing this, but what he looks like is a coward who won't even back up what he says.

Except when no one takes the bet you are the one who looks like the idiot. For example, I could say who wants to bet me $500 that lightning makes a fool of himself in his next couple of posts!? Problem is, no one would take it because you've made it pretty obvious that it's going to happen.

You are like a peacock. You are perfectly harmless but you spread your feathers out to try to act intimidating. No one is falling for it though.

I keep laughing at this post......well done DP, well done.

I started this thread as a 'positive' thing about a good recruit and said he (and the staff) were recruiting someone, who I thought was Garza. Rob kinda confirmed what I said (and Tom Kakert repeated everything I said and 'acted' like it was an 'original' thought, lol. He's worthless) and now somehow this thread has turned into some pissy match about whether Garza is anygood or not. AND SOME OF YOU THINK I'M A PROBLEM, LOL..........And some wonder why when I came on this site I went after a few people. There are just some really 'unstable' posters on this site..And some who just love to be negative, insult kids (like Garza now) and argue and argue and change their 'story' to keep arguing. I swear some of you are women, because that's how they argue, and you can never 'win' an argument with a woman...they just start a new argument....just like about 4 or 5 people on here............

I started this thread as a 'positive' thing about a good recruit and said he (and the staff) were recruiting someone, who I thought was Garza. Rob kinda confirmed what I said (and Tom Kakert repeated everything I said and 'acted' like it was an 'original' thought, lol. He's worthless) and now somehow this thread has turned into some pissy match about whether Garza is anygood or not. AND SOME OF YOU THINK I'M A PROBLEM, LOL..........And some wonder why when I came on this site I went after a few people. There are just some really 'unstable' posters on this site..And some who just love to be negative, insult kids (like Garza now) and argue and argue and change their 'story' to keep arguing. I swear some of you are women, because that's how they argue, and you can never 'win' an argument with a woman...they just start a new argument....just like about 4 or 5 people on here............

If you have been reading these sites for awhile, you will realize that all the talk isn't really about how good or bad Garza is. It really isn't about Garza at all. The people that write negatively about Garza don't really care anything about the guy. Its just a way of killing some time and asserting a charming personality.

Last edited:
Well, Lightning1 called it. I made a joke about Garza's flat feet and he warned that the thread might spiral out of control and it did. But it was kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy because a lot of the spiraling was brought on by himself.

Well, Lightning1 called it. I made a joke about Garza's flat feet and he warned that the thread might spiral out of control and it did. But it was kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy because a lot of the spiraling was brought on by himself.

I know this isn't the football board, but Desmond King was named USA Today first team all American. That's pretty good for a three star recruit. Hopefully, Garza commits to Iowa in the latter part of September.

I didn't know that lightning1 went to Upper Iowa! ;)

You are like a peacock. You are perfectly harmless but you spread your feathers out to try to act intimidating. No one is falling for it though.[/QUOTE]

okYdEgW.jpg

Big Ten Conference Only Stats

Valentine 20.5 6.9
Uthoff 19.2 6.5
Hill 18.6 7.3
White III 16.1 6.4
Happ 12.2 7.5
Hammons 15.8 7.6
Stone 13.7 6.1
Taylor 16.4 6.8
Costello 12.5 10.1
Murphy 12.4 7.4
Walton Jr 13.3 6.2
Carter 12.5 6.9

That's interesting. I claimed I was done arguing with people that know nothing but didn't actually name anyone. YOU automatically assumed I was talking about Deano! Lol. I'll let you 2 sort that out. Maybe explain why you think he doesn't know anything.
I get the feeling that you and icke are one and the same. There can't be two people who are so incredibly arrogant yet when voicing your opinions prove your lack of everything.

Latest posts