Joe Wieskamp

If he's a can't miss, 4* prospect and Pitino wants him.....surely he's destined for at least 1 1st team all conf spot. Since you like to change bets, I'll give you another option. I'll bet you he never averages 13 ppg and 7 rbs per game in a P5 conf. I fully expect Tyler Cook to accomplish that at Iowa. They are both 4* recruits. Take your pick.
1st team all conf or 13/7 in a season. Must be P5 conf. $500 cash.
I'm not discussing it any further with you. Pick one or pass on both.
Past conversations have NOTHING to do with the offer of this bet. I'm willing to put my money up against these college coaches. A true difference maker should get to 1 of those 2 bench marks over a 4 year career. Otherwise they are just another body.

Lol you're a chump. This is coming from the same guy who said Iowa would be lucky to finish 9th in the conference, but wouldn't bet on it when called out. Now you're the one trying to get people to bet on something that is a total and complete unknown. You continue to deliver lightning. Props.

Lol you're a chump. This is coming from the same guy who said Iowa would be lucky to finish 9th in the conference, but wouldn't bet on it when called out. Now you're the one trying to get people to bet on something that is a total and complete unknown. You continue to deliver lightning. Props.
You wanna get back into the name calling? Or do you want to take the bet?

You wanna get back into the name calling? Or do you want to take the bet?

Do you realize how dumb that bet is? Even if I wanted to take it I wouldn't because you wouldn't pay up. I have 0 faith in you holding up your end of the bargain. Betting $500 with a random person on an internet message board is as dumb as acting like an internet tough guy and asking someone to meet you to fight somewhere. Come to think of it... you've done both of those. Go figure.

If he's a can't miss, 4* prospect and Pitino wants him.....surely he's destined for at least 1 1st team all conf spot. Since you like to change bets, I'll give you another option. I'll bet you he never averages 13 ppg and 7 rbs per game in a P5 conf. I fully expect Tyler Cook to accomplish that at Iowa. They are both 4* recruits. Take your pick.
Past conversations have NOTHING to do with the offer of this bet. I'm willing to put my money up against these college coaches. A true difference maker should get to 1 of those 2 bench marks over a 4 year career. Otherwise they are just another body.

I'll take Garza and Cook. They are different type of players, and if Garza comes to Iowa, they would be great additions to the program. I love the thought of Pemsl and Kriener too.

This is exactly what makes having a conversation with you impossible. So you are trying to say that a guy is a "waste of a scholarship" or is "just a body" if they don't become a 1st team All B1G player? If that is the criteria, then you would have claimed at the time that Marble, White, Uthoff, and Jok were all "just a body" and a "waste of a scholarship". No way, no how did you say any of those kids would be All B1G before their Sr. years in High School.

The better analogy that you are trying to claim Garza is would be a Brommer or Archie, or something like that. Now those kids were "just a body". Plus if you go for freaking 13 & 7, then you are way more than "just a body", you are probably the 2nd leading scorer on the team. You are very much WAY MORE THAN JUST A BODY with a stat line like that. Heck even a guy who Avg. 6.5 PPG and 4.9 RPG and 8.1 PPG and 4.8 RPG are much more than "just a body" for a team. That is what Gabe Olaseni averaged his Jr. and Sr. year, do you think he was a waste of a scholarship?

You prove you know nothing about basketball when you make remarks like you do. It takes 8-10 guys on a team working together to win. Not everyone is gonna play 35 MPG, not everyone is gonna be a double digit scorer, that doesn't mean they are NOT important pieces to the team. Saying what you are saying makes me think you are absolutely LYING about being a coach, because no coach worth his salt thinks the way you do.....or at least any that make it above the HS level (which either shows you are lying, or explains why you don't even coach at the HS level).

Oh and BTW according to you Ochefu was a "waste of scholarship" off the National Championship Villanova team. He averaged 10 and 7.5 as a Sr., so in your brilliance he was a "wasted scholarship" that you "can't win championships with.".......DERP!!!!

Do you realize how dumb that bet is? Even if I wanted to take it I wouldn't because you wouldn't pay up. I have 0 faith in you holding up your end of the bargain. Betting $500 with a random person on an internet message board is as dumb as acting like an internet tough guy and asking someone to meet you to fight somewhere. Come to think of it... you've done both of those. Go figure.
Then shut up and stop responding to my posts.

This is exactly what makes having a conversation with you impossible. So you are trying to say that a guy is a "waste of a scholarship" or is "just a body" if they don't become a 1st team All B1G player? If that is the criteria, then you would have claimed at the time that Marble, White, Uthoff, and Jok were all "just a body" and a "waste of a scholarship". No way, no how did you say any of those kids would be All B1G before their Sr. years in High School.

The better analogy that you are trying to claim Garza is would be a Brommer or Archie, or something like that. Now those kids were "just a body". Plus if you go for freaking 13 & 7, then you are way more than "just a body", you are probably the 2nd leading scorer on the team. You are very much WAY MORE THAN JUST A BODY with a stat line like that. Heck even a guy who Avg. 6.5 PPG and 4.9 RPG and 8.1 PPG and 4.8 RPG are much more than "just a body" for a team. That is what Gabe Olaseni averaged his Jr. and Sr. year, do you think he was a waste of a scholarship?

You prove you know nothing about basketball when you make remarks like you do. It takes 8-10 guys on a team working together to win. Not everyone is gonna play 35 MPG, not everyone is gonna be a double digit scorer, that doesn't mean they are NOT important pieces to the team. Saying what you are saying makes me think you are absolutely LYING about being a coach, because no coach worth his salt thinks the way you do.....or at least any that make it above the HS level (which either shows you are lying, or explains why you don't even coach at the HS level).

Oh and BTW according to you Ochefu was a "waste of scholarship" off the National Championship Villanova team. He averaged 10 and 7.5 as a Sr., so in your brilliance he was a "wasted scholarship" that you "can't win championships with.".......DERP!!!!
No. I'm not claiming that.im claiming that I can see the difference in the two types of players. I want the type that can be an All Conf performer. Cook is that type. Garza is not. I'm looking for difference makers and I don't think Garza is that type of player. Why is that so hard to understand. If I didn't think he was a difference maker, I'd keep looking until I found one.
Coaches often miss on their preferred targets and then settle for projects. That's what Garza is IMO. You don't need to go coast to coast to find projects. Lots of them right here in Iowa.

Hardly. There are only so many points to go around and Nova had plenty of scoring options.
You sure do like to put words in other people's mouths. Is that an insecurity issue? Self image problem? So you think putting your stupid interpretations onto other people somehow makes you smarter?
Dont put words in my mouth. Make your own assumptions and live with the reputation that they earn you.

No. I'm not claiming that.im claiming that I can see the difference in the two types of players. I want the type that can be an All Conf performer. Cook is that type. Garza is not. I'm looking for difference makers and I don't think Garza is that type of player. Why is that so hard to understand. If I didn't think he was a difference maker, I'd keep looking until I found one.
Coaches often miss on their preferred targets and then settle for projects. That's what Garza is IMO. You don't need to go coast to coast to find projects. Lots of them right here in Iowa.

You are ridiculous, and you don't even know the difference between contributing players and "just a body". Woody & Olesani were both very big contributors to getting Iowa to 3 straight NCAA appearances. Neither one of them were "just a body" and if you think they were, you just don't know the game of BB like you claim you do. There is a whole freaking world of in between from an 1st team All B1G player, and "just a body", but you have no concept of BB and can't see the difference between them. It is laughable that you think you know the game of BB if you think that is the two types of players that there are.

I can see Garza becoming an all conference player for Iowa. If he stays at Iowa for four years, it would be hard not to think he has the potential of becoming an all conference player. It sounds pretty ridiculous not to think he has that potential.

Last edited:
Hardly. There are only so many points to go around and Nova had plenty of scoring options.
You sure do like to put words in other people's mouths. Is that an insecurity issue? Self image problem? So you think putting your stupid interpretations onto other people somehow makes you smarter?
Dont put words in my mouth. Make your own assumptions and live with the reputation that they earn you.

Yet we would lose the bet, because of your freaking ridiculous definition of what a player has to be in order to contribute to a team. According to YOUR DEFINITION Ochefu was a "waste of a scholarship" and "just a body". That is your definition, not mine, so own it. You say if Garza isn't 1st team All B1G or averages at least 13 & 7, then he is a waste. Welp Ochefu didn't do that, and Nova won a National title playing a "waste of a scholarship" for over 20 MPG.

You're probably going to be disappointed a lot if you compare every recruit to the best one Iowa has brought in in a long time. If Fran decides to pass on every prospect based on him not being as good as Cook, there is a good chance we will have exactly one player on the team in 3 years.

I guess 2 players if you count Weiscamp. They better be really good at the pick and roll.

You're probably going to be disappointed a lot if you compare every recruit to the best one Iowa has brought in in a long time. If Fran decides to pass on every prospect based on him not being as good as Cook, there is a good chance we will have exactly one player on the team in 3 years.

I guess 2 players if you count Weiscamp. They better be really good at the pick and roll.

The crazy thing is Lighnting doesn't even get what others are saying. They aren't trying to claim that Garza is as good a prospect as Cook, yet he throws out that straw man argument. People with real basketball knowledge understand that you need 8-10 guys working as a team, and while Cook might be crushing it going for 17 and 10, we need other post players that can contribute as well. Guys that get 7 PPG and 6 RPG and play hard nose defense are both necessary and invaluable to the team.

It amazes me that a person would even pretend to be a coach when they can't understand the concept of a team, and how each member of the team is valuable.

Yet we would lose the bet, because of your freaking ridiculous definition of what a player has to be in order to contribute to a team. According to YOUR DEFINITION Ochefu was a "waste of a scholarship" and "just a body". That is your definition, not mine, so own it. You say if Garza isn't 1st team All B1G or averages at least 13 & 7, then he is a waste. Welp Ochefu didn't do that, and Nova won a National title playing a "waste of a scholarship" for over 20 MPG.
Welp, I'm not surprised you'd call him a waste, given your history of being a bigot and a racist. I'm sure he appreciates that.

The crazy thing is Lighnting doesn't even get what others are saying. They aren't trying to claim that Garza is as good a prospect as Cook, yet he throws out that straw man argument. People with real basketball knowledge understand that you need 8-10 guys working as a team, and while Cook might be crushing it going for 17 and 10, we need other post players that can contribute as well. Guys that get 7 PPG and 6 RPG and play hard nose defense are both necessary and invaluable to the team.

It amazes me that a person would even pretend to be a coach when they can't understand the concept of a team, and how each member of the team is valuable.
I understand perfectly. I wouldn't recruit Garza. He's a Woody clone.

Welp, I'm not surprised you'd call him a waste, given your history of being a bigot and a racist. I'm sure he appreciates that.

I think he is an awesome player, I'd love to have him and 3 others just like him in the post. To bad he isn't your type of player seeing he isn't an 1st Team All Big East player, and he didn't average enough points to pass your threshold as well.

I'm not sure if you are a racist, but I do know for sure you are a homophobe and a misogynist. I wouldn't doubt for a second that you are the perfect trifecta bigot though.

I think he is an awesome player, I'd love to have him and 3 others just like him in the post. To bad he isn't your type of player seeing he isn't an 1st Team All Big East player, and he didn't average enough points to pass your threshold as well.

I'm not sure if you are a racist, but I do know for sure you are a homophobe and a misogynist. I wouldn't doubt for a second that you are the perfect trifecta bigot though.
Then why did you call him a waste? Is it because he's black? Shame on you.

Latest posts