Joe Wieskamp No. 25 in ESPN's New Top 60 for '18

The keyword is "subtle". This is suppose to be a thread about Wieskamp being an ESPN top 25 ranked recruit and you turn it into a Bohannon bashing. You try to imply as fact Iowa is NIT bound this coming season. You also brought Donovan Jackson into the discussion and proclaimed how much better he is than Bohannon. These are subtle digs on Iowa and praising ISU. Did you even congratulate or mentioned anything positive about Wieskamp being a top 25 recruit?

The keyword is "subtle". This is suppose to be a thread about Wieskamp being an ESPN top 25 ranked recruit and you turn it into a Bohannon bashing. You try to imply as fact Iowa is NIT bound this coming season. You also brought Donovan Jackson into the discussion and proclaimed how much better he is than Bohannon. These are subtle digs on Iowa and praising ISU. Did you even congratulate or mentioned anything positive about Wieskamp being a top 25 recruit?

Actually I didn't, I listed the players we offered before Bohannon and another poster singled him out and said we didn't offer him we did. I also said I would have taken the other players offered before him over Jackson so there wasn't really any praise there at all. Wieskamp is going to be a stud though, so are Connor and Patrick

I have noticed 5656 posts are usually filled with subtle digs at Iowa and praises for ISU. He even refers to "ANF" as "AHF" which is such a clown move. If 5656 is cytwin, this bodes well for Bohannon. 95% of his predictions are usually proven wrong. Dean, didin't you embarrassed him by winning a bet against him once?

Yeah, CyTwins is an idiot. He spouts all this crap, and I called him out, so he was forced to take the bet on his idiot ramblings, and predictably lost the bet. If Twins doesn't like Bohannon, you can mark it down in ink, he will be good. We also had some good ones about Pete Jok as well. I said he was gonna be a stud, he said he was crap.

Your first post on this thread. Already discrediting the ranking.

ESPN recruiting isn't good and everyone knows that. All the other sites have him listed as a top recruit though too so it really doesn't matter. He's one of the best recruits in the country and I wouldn't be surprised if he's a McDonald's AA when it's all said and done.

People don't think you're here to praise iowa state and announce you're an ISUfan. They think you're here to pretend you're an Iowa fan and dis all things Iowa.

He is a Clown troll, and like I keep saying I'm about 90% certain it is CyTwins.

I think the narrative is Fran isn't a good out of state recruiter and struggles to land the PG's he wants. Cook was obviously a step in the right direction

Your 2nd post in this thread about Joe wieskamp. Another dig on Iowa basketball. There is a trend here. I can do this all day but I rather not.

Your 2nd post in this thread about Joe wieskamp. Another dig on Iowa basketball. There is a trend here. I can do this all day but I rather not.

Spot on Kwah. 5656 mistakenly posted the Clown narrative on Fran.......that he can't recruit out of state. I have never ever once heard an Iowa fan say this, but it is spewed non stop on CyClowntown.

Disappointed sure - considering it the end or a sign of anything other than a rebuild year ...no - again, lots of great programs in the country miss the tourney here and there - their fans are disappointed too I am sure but it happens to programs that recruit a hell of a lot better than Iowa.

Exactly. Let's not forget that in 2013 Iowa beat Kentucky in the NIT. Even the blue bloods don't make the NCAA every year.

You're referencing Verbal Commits? Haha wow.

I've been pretty steadfast in my opinion I didn't like the Bohannon signing but I'm not defending an ISU player. I would have rather had the 7 other guys I listed above Jackson but all those players listed had major conference offers and Bohannon didn't. I really wanted Moore or Vital too when I thought we had a chance

Not necessarily favoring Verbal Commits, but they do list the ratings of other services. Each one lists the ratings for Scout, Rivals and ESPN as well as a composite rating of the three. Or did you just laugh off the site and not even look?

Exactly. Let's not forget that in 2013 Iowa beat Kentucky in the NIT. Even the blue bloods don't make the NCAA every year.

If by "beat," you mean "advanced further than," I'm with you ... but I'm pretty sure Kentucky lost to Robert morris or oral Roberts or some other tiny school in an empty gym. We didn't face them in the NIT that year.

(ok, I just looked it up. It was Robert morris.)

How can any hawk fan not be excited about Bohannon after having a point guard that couldn't shoot for so long?

Umm, this height, athleticism, and most likely his inability to guard at the next level. Oh yeah, and his overall strength.

but he can shoot!

So you are saying Iowa should be able to just go out and cherry pick any player they want just because they run an uptempo system and can sell playing time?? If that's the case, ISU should be able to get all the 5 star football players they want because they can sell playing time and they give up 40 a game.

It's like you guys are picking a fight for the sake of just picking a fight. 5656 hasn't made horrible comments on here or even come off like a POS ISU troll.

The sell to get a major PG recruit was:
--open position that you can have the keys to drive for 4 years or less depending on if you're NBA ready
--if you like to get out there and run, the system is perfect for just that
--if you want a program that is in the B1G and has amazing facilities, Iowa is right up there
--if you want to play in a program that is going to be consistently good for years to come (and maybe even great) then pick Iowa
--want to play with a Top 50 Big? Oh yeah, you can with Tyler Cook.

Fran missed on getting his true PG badly. And to ignore this and think Boho is going to come in here and be what Charlie Moore, Xaiver Simpson etc. will most likely be for their future schools is short sighted. Those players are a different caliber from Boho.

Reasons why Boho isn't a 1PG for Iowa or any other B1G school?
--athleticism
--strength
--agility
--SIZE

His best attributes?
--Doesn't turn it over a ton
--Amazing shooter

There's no reason to oversell Boho unless you want to ride the Fran-wagon. Boho is what he is. Iowa missed out on all of their other options and he was a sure fire fall back. Sherm tweeted out some photos of practice this week and Boho literally looks like a 8th grader compared to the rest of the players featured in the photo.

But if you are trying to tell yourself he is what Iowa needed at the PG position in this class, you're nothing but a Grade-A homer.

Umm, this height, athleticism, and most likely his inability to guard at the next level. Oh yeah, and his overall strength.

but he can shoot!

He's taller than Moore isn't he? And why do you say his athleticism? Oh yea, he's white.

You state Bohannon will suck like it's a fact.

I don't think anyone has said that. I think the greater point is that Iowa ended up with a fall, fall, fall back option at PG when this was the perfect year to close a stud recruit at the position. I think it's pretty clear that Iowa needs more athletitism from that position. Maybe Williams will turn out to be a stud and won't need that Top 15 PG recruit.

But as recently as the past 60 days, Tyler Cook was tweeting Charlie Moore (with permission from the staff). And nearly every single Hawkeye Podcast, this site included, was begging for a better solution at the point guard position until Maishe Dailey was signed.

I just don't see how anyone can't understand that Boho was not brought here to start and be that star player alongside Cook that Moore or Simpson would have been from day one.

He's taller than Moore isn't he? And why do you say his athleticism? Oh yea, he's white.

Because I've watched him play, read articles about him, and watched a lot of his videos that even as an arm chair QB with no coaching experience I can even tell? The same way, most people could tell that Fleming wasn't super athletic and wouldn't break through at this level? I

Or I can even quote an Iowa sports writer even saying it as well?"

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...hannon-named-2016-iowa-mr-basketball-20160315

"But Jordan worked even harder because he wasn’t quite as good an athlete.”

I don't think anyone has said that. I think the greater point is that Iowa ended up with a fall, fall, fall back option at PG when this was the perfect year to close a stud recruit at the position. I think it's pretty clear that Iowa needs more athletitism from that position. Maybe Williams will turn out to be a stud and won't need that Top 15 PG recruit.

But as recently as the past 60 days, Tyler Cook was tweeting Charlie Moore (with permission from the staff). And nearly every single Hawkeye Podcast, this site included, was begging for a better solution at the point guard position until Maishe Dailey was signed.

I just don't see how anyone can't understand that Boho was not brought here to start and be that star player alongside Cook that Moore or Simpson would have been from day one.

I'm not arguing he's going to be as good as the top guys Fran missed on. I was saying he will more than likely fall somewhere in the middle. I also acknowledge that Bohannon seems to be turning out better than originally thought. By now Fran might be glad he missed on some guys. He might even rather have Bohannon than Moore. Something definitely happened there.

Also I understand a lot of what Hawk5656 is saying. He is just seeing the most negative possible outcome with everything iowa does have and he's assuming the best possible outcome for the players Fran missed on. Just the classic glass half empty way of thinking with every one of his posts.

Also I understand a lot of what Hawk5656 is saying. He is just seeing the most negative possible outcome with everything iowa does have and he's assuming the best possible outcome for the players Fran missed on. Just the classic glass half empty way of thinking with every one of his posts.

I'm just an Iowa State troll though ;)