Joe Wieskamp Going Through NBA Draft Process

Good for Joe - I thought he probably would. I don't imagine Iowa fans all making fun of Joe for doing this like Cook and Moss. Which is odd, none of them are/were ready for the NBA. I kind of expected Luka to do it too TBH

I'd be surprised if he didn't do it. It can only help with his development. Is Moss going through it again?

I can understand, but I don't like the trend. I think it takes away from the team concept of college basketball programs.

I don't know that I "like" it either, but like it or not, it's how the game is now and it's a risk free benefit for the kids. The season is for being a team and for that concept, the off season is for individual growth. The players are afforded this now and IMO, it's a missed opportunity if they DON'T take advantage of it. It's also not a bad thing for Iowa if it has players the testing the waters in regards to recruiting.

Going to see this more and more. I'm sure all he's seeking at this point is any constructive criticism and advice on areas of his game to work on.

I can understand, but I don't like the trend. I think it takes away from the team concept of college basketball programs.

Agree. This is one of those things I could see them changing or axing the rule in a few years sec to the number of players that will do it. Somebody didn't anticipate that can of worms opening up. When there is no reason not to, everyone will do it.

Going to see this more and more. I'm sure all he's seeking at this point is any constructive criticism and advice on areas of his game to work on.

yep

Gets him on their radar as well - if he leaves Iowa early because he's good enough to be a 1st rounder in the next 2 years, that probably means Iowa had a great season. We can't expect Fran to raise the bar in recruiting and then not expect our best players to flirt with the NBA. This is all around good news for the program IMO

I can understand, but I don't like the trend. I think it takes away from the team concept of college basketball programs.[/QUOTE
Hopefully the player takes the knowledge gained and applies it to improve his individual game,which should help the team,now if the player uses game time to show off the skills he’s improved and it’s outside of the offense I could see the problem.just have to trust the player does it righr

Because Joe seems to have more NBA-type tools than Cook does?

Cook has some NBA skills including the hardest one to obtain, athleticism. The biggest thing was "He ain't ready for the NBA, he aint gonna get drafted, let's make jokes" ....same with Moss, who has a TON of attributes that translate to the NBA. All 3 of those guys weren't/aren't going to get drafted at the time they did it. Those 2 faced ridicule, I can only speculate that Joe won't. Not saying it's right or wrong or whatever, just definitely something I immediately thought of and apparently so did Dean.

Latest posts