Joe Toussaint - Recent Videos

He’s a redshirt freshman who got some game experience last year. He turns 21 this summer and is only like 5 months younger than Junior Maishe Dailey. Also worth mentioning that he plays another D1 sport so he has significantly less time to work on his game than your normal player.

Add those things up an to me it just seems like blind hope. I’ll refrain from posting Connor’s B1G numbers but they are woefully bad. Joe T should be able to replace whatever Connor provided this year and much more, that’s the hope anyway.
Okay. Let’s set aside the future. Everyone has an opinion. Do you think Iowa is in the NCAA Tournament this year without Connor?

Okay. Let’s set aside the future. Everyone has an opinion. Do you think Iowa is in the NCAA Tournament this year without Connor?

I don't know... We needed a second ball handler last year, CM did that for the team this year.

I do know early in the season he was playing well. One thing that I can't quite put my finger on seems to be that he dribbles at the top much more than he did early. It used to be he passed the ball quick and crisp to the open guy or did a decent job of dribble/penetrate. That doesn't seem to be as much the case anymore and he spends too much time dribbling around...imo

If Connor is on the team next year, my guess is it is his last anyway before focusing in on baseball full time.

Why do you keep saying this? When I spoke with Connor his Senior year his biggest dream was playing for his Dad and cutting down some nets with his brother. What do you know to the contrary?

nunge is specifically a kid that could be key. reports are he's at 250 lbs and he's almost 7'0" tall. if he is both of those things and he can play the stretch 4?? he and garza would be a helluva hi/low combo.

I think Nunge will be a very big (no pun intended) asset to Garza's game. Him and Cook have a difficult time playing inside together

I know a lot of people don’t think much of Connor. But he did some good things and we aren’t in the NCAA without him.

But I will set aside my personal opinion. I am pretty consistent with my position on freshmen. Let’s see how much they improve as sophomores. It is extremely rare that I write off any freshman...especially a coach’s son. I love coaches’ sons...always have.

As my old coach used to say: "You know the best thing about freshman? They become sophomores."

I think Nunge will be a very big (no pun intended) asset to Garza's game. Him and Cook have a difficult time playing inside together

you're right and that's mostly because cook hasn't developed a jumper and also because he does get doubled down low, but he tends to hold onto the ball too long. he's indecisive. if cook does come back (not sure that's likely) then i hope fran doesn't insist on him being a perimeter 4. he needs to be a low block player and foul other teams out. but he needs a lot of work on his low post moves. he needs a low post mindset, instead of a stretch 4 mindset.

No I don’t, but that doesn’t make Connor a quality player at this level. It means Fran created a roster completely void of ball handling.

When Iowa made the NCAA tourney in 2016 could they have made it without Don Uhl? I’d say unlikely given he was their top bench guy and shot 45% from 3. Did it turn out that Dom Uhl wasn’t that good and needed to be replaced? Yes it sure did.

I’m thankful for Connor helping us out this year in the bind we are in in terms of ball handling. With Joe T coming in next year, we shouldn’t be in that bind and shouldn’t need to play a guy that put up the statistical numbers Connor did this season, sorry.

Last edited:
Why do you keep saying this? When I spoke with Connor his Senior year his biggest dream was playing for his Dad and cutting down some nets with his brother. What do you know to the contrary?
Everything I’ve read in interviews made it seem to me like eventually they would have to make the tough decision and focus in on baseball. Again maybe one more year with his brother next year if that’s their goal.

Also as I noted above, Iowa is recruiting a bunch of PGs in 2020, which you wouldn’t normally do with a freshman (Joe T) and a Soph (Cmac) on the roster, unless you know one of them is moving on (or needs to be replaced).

That’s just my thought, I could easily be wrong. I also think if Connor is getting minutes te next couple years that’s bad news for Iowa. Again, my opinion.

Say aren’t you the guy who said Connor had a very good or excellent 1st step?

you're right and that's mostly because cook hasn't developed a jumper and also because he does get doubled down low, but he tends to hold onto the ball too long. he's indecisive. if cook does come back (not sure that's likely) then i hope fran doesn't insist on him being a perimeter 4. he needs to be a low block player and foul other teams out. but he needs a lot of work on his low post moves. he needs a low post mindset, instead of a stretch 4 mindset.

Agreed. Cook takes way too long to decide what to do and you are absolutely correct in that he can't shoot. Not.A.Lick (not a Lickliter pun I swear). I am stiff baffled by him not being able to build some sort of 8-10-12 ft shoot. And he clanks FT's. No touch at all. By a basketball player perspective, he should absolutely come back cause he's not getting drafted IMO. His only bet is overseas but again, he can't shoot so not sure that's a great option either. Although, I'm also not convinced in another year he will develop a shot.

No I don’t, but that doesn’t make Connor a quality player at this level. It means Fran created a roster completely void of ball handling.

When Iowa made the NCAA tourney in 2016 could they have made it without Don Uhl? I’d say unlikely given he was their top bench guy and shot 45% from 3. Did it turn out that Dom Uhl wasn’t that good and needed to be replaced? Yes is sure did.

I’m thankful for Connor helping us out this year in the bind we are in in terms of ball handling. With Joe T coming in next year, we shouldn’t be in that bind and shouldn’t need to play a guy that put up the statistical numbers Connor did this season, sorry.
I stopped reading after the No. We disagree on Connor and time will tell. I appreciate your opinion. When I ask others they won’t answer. They simply offer more dialogue on what’s wrong with Connor.

I stopped reading after the No. We disagree on Connor and time will tell. I appreciate your opinion. When I ask others they won’t answer. They simply offer more dialogue on what’s wrong with Connor.
You said would Iowa make the tourney without Connor and I said no, which would feed into your narrative guy. Maybe want to go ahead and read the rest of the post then?

You said would Iowa make the tourney without Connor and I said no, which would feed into your narrative guy. Maybe want to go ahead and read the rest of the post then?
Okay. I read it. I also made a reference about Uhl in another post. I referenced Dailey. You reference Connor. You may be right. I don’t think you are. So reading the rest lands us in the same place. We disagree on Connor.

Okay. I read it. I also made a reference about Uhl in another post. I referenced Dailey. You reference Connor. You may be right. I don’t think you are. So reading the rest lands us in the same place. We disagree on Connor.
Sure everyone has their opinion, but don’t act like you’re not just as stubborn as the rest. You refuse to answer if Connor’s stats are acceptable and if Joe T can do what he does and more... who deserves the minutes?

Here are Connor’s stats in B1G play:
18 MPG / 3.1 PPG / 2.6 APG / 1.4 TPG
(For a guy known as a heady pass first guy, having an assist/turn less than 2:1 - not good)

29.8% FG / 16.7% 3P% / 64% FT%
(This is a guard. No comment needed there)

Advanced stats I’ll compare to the team in conference:
(9 man rotation players only):

PER - 7.3 (15 is an average player 8th of 9)
TS% - .410 (9th of 9)
Assist % - 24.5% (1st of 9 - Good)
Turnover % - 26.3% (9th of 9 - bad very bad)
Win Shares - 0.1 (8th of 9)
Offensive Rating - 90.0 (100 is average higher is better - 8th of 9)
Defensive Rating 112.8 (100 is average lower is better 7th of 9)

Last edited:
Sure everyone has their opinion, but don’t act like you’re not just as stubborn as the rest. You refuse to answer if Connor’s stats are acceptable and if Joe T can do what he does and more... who deserves the minutes?

Here are Connor’s stats in B1G play:
18 MPG / 3.1 PPG / 2.6 APG / 1.4 TPG
(For a guy known as a heady pass first guy, having an assist/turn less than 2:1 - not good)

29.8% FG / 16.7% 3P% / 64% FT%
(This is a guard. No comment needed there)

Advanced stats I’ll compare to the team
(9 man rotation players only):

PER - 7.3 (15 is an average player 8th of 9)
TS% - .410 (9th of 9)
Assist % - 24.5 (1st of 9 - Good)
Turnover % - 26.3% (9th of 9 - bad very bad)
Win Shares - 0.1 (8th of 9)
Offensive Rating - 90.0 (100 is average higher is better - 8th of 9)
Defensive Rating 112.8 (100 is average lower is better 7th of 9)
If JT or JB gets hurt I will be glad to have another PG. If JT doesn’t needs a year I will be glad to have CM. We can pick this back up next year. Time to focus on BTT...less than an hour until Game 1.

If JT or JB gets hurt I will be glad to have another PG. If JT doesn’t needs a year I will be glad to have CM. We can pick this back up next year. Time to focus on BTT...less than an hour until Game 1.
I’ll be there tomorrow night. Hoping for a win

Not really down on Conner this is what I expected from him. Yes, his jumper needs more work than I originally thought, but his job was to come off the bench and run the offense and he has done that.

Obviously, teams have figured out that he is not an offensive threat so that has made things much more difficult. Even with Joe T. there is a role for Conner if he can develop a consistent jump shot. A legit backup at the 1 and 2 would be huge.

Not really down on Conner this is what I expected from him. Yes, his jumper needs more work than I originally thought, but his job was to come off the bench and run the offense and he has done that.

Obviously, teams have figured out that he is not an offensive threat so that has made things much more difficult. Even with Joe T. there is a role for Conner if he can develop a consistent jump shot. A legit backup at the 1 and 2 would be huge.

Connor's shooting troubles are between his ears. He lost all confidence and it showed. I doubt he will ever be a great shooter, but he's way better than he shot this year.

Latest posts