Joe Toussaint - Recent Videos

Here are a few videos of our incoming PG. I believe a few of these are from their recent playoff run.

The first thing that stood out to me was overall lack of defense by the teams in this league, it looked like an AAU tournament. Some really good athletes with good basketball skills, but the defensive end looked like utter confusion.

Joe has good quicks and good strength. He appears to be a pretty good passer both on drive and kicks to the perimeter and drive and dishes down low. His handle is solid. On defense he gets lost a bunch as does the rest of his team, so he will need some coaching there (insert joke here). He does appear to have a knack for getting some steals. I think he will help this Iowa team in terms of penetration ability, ball handling, passing and overall perimeter athleticism. I’m excited to watch him at Iowa.

In the first video, I think we should be recruiting #21 of the other team. He's only a sophomore and looked dominant.
Both those guards were tough, looked to shoot over Joe with their height. It's gonna be hard to picture Joe and JBo in the same backcourt because of their height. Joe's ability to drive, pass, and score in traffic was amazing. Good touch on jumpers, good handles, cat-quick. Plays with a chip on shoulder, I like that.

Both those guards were tough, looked to shoot over Joe with their height. It's gonna be hard to picture Joe and JBo in the same backcourt because of their height. Joe's ability to drive, pass, and score in traffic was amazing. Good touch on jumpers, good handles, cat-quick. Plays with a chip on shoulder, I like that.
I don't think Fran would put them both out there a ton. But don't be surprised to see it for a 2 or 3 min stretch here and there. We played both MG and Sap at guard both of them were 6'2 or so. Not the same thing as what this would be due to JBos defensive liabilities. But we'll probably see some of it.

He ain't comin.:):p

A poster on these boards said he heard from some people in the Iowa City area that Joe was rethinking his decision!

His cousin's brother in law's sister's aunt's third cousin said so.

Hope not though in all seriousness.

Can vision him penetrating the defense, dishing to J Bo, Wiesy, Moss, and hopefully CJ Fred to splash down a lot of treys next year.

I don't think Fran would put them both out there a ton. But don't be surprised to see it for a 2 or 3 min stretch here and there. We played both MG and Sap at guard both of them were 6'2 or so. Not the same thing as what this would be due to JBos defensive liabilities. But we'll probably see some of it.
JBo has played 30 minutes a game each of the last three years so if Joe T is going to get minutes he’s going to play with JBo.

That kid making those shots in the video was shooting tough contested shots over everyone and making them. That doesn’t concern me as far as Joe playing D at the college level.

That didn’t concern me that much. That kid was a 5* and looked every bit of 6’6 with bulk. He was unconscious, plus the video didn’t show any missed shots.

If they are out there together and there are bad matchups, we can zone.

I do like his mentality as you said. Plays hard and with a chip on his shoulder. Iowa needs that.

Damn. Joe had more tough finishes at the rim in the first video than the entire team has had all year.
I watched a few of those videos before seeing that one. That video made me think we might have something here with this kid. (That’s why I put it first)

The defensive IQ thing somewhat concerns me, but hopefully that will work itself out. He still has 6 months or so to work on his game before the start of next season.

I watched a few of those videos before seeing that one. That video made me think we might have something here with this kid. (That’s why I put it first)

The defensive IQ thing somewhat concerns me, but hopefully that will work itself out. He still has 6 months or so to work on his game before the start of next season.

He's definitely strong with the ball.

I like that he can get into the lane and can find guys on the perimeter. It's amazing how open your perimeter guys can get when the defense has to be concerned about the guy driving the lane. This has been non-existent in Iowa's offense for awhile.

Not that easy to get out of a letter off commitment. I think he's coming. If not Fran better be going.
His cousin's brother in law's sister's aunt's third cousin said so.

Hope not though in all seriousness.

Can vision him penetrating the defense, dishing to J Bo, Wiesy, Moss, and hopefully CJ Fred to splash down a lot of treys next year.
Lol. Seriously? The IC to NY rumor mill is in effect, huh?
A poster mentioned it the heat of Sunday's tough loss. I thought I remembered who posted and called them out, but deleted the post because I want to make sure I know who posted it. It was good for a quick laugh on a tough afternoon.

Latest posts