Joe Toussaint - Recent Videos

B1G Tourney just starting on BTN- #13 Neb vs #12 Rutgers. Who will be watching NW vs Ill.?

Connor's shooting troubles are between his ears. He lost all confidence and it showed. I doubt he will ever be a great shooter, but he's way better than he shot this year.

I don't think it is between his ears at all. I think it is a guy who needs to get into a gym and just shoot. A guy who needs a lot of repetition. 200-300 jump shots a day in the off season type repetition.

Connor's shooting troubles are between his ears. He lost all confidence and it showed. I doubt he will ever be a great shooter, but he's way better than he shot this year.
I tend to disagree. He’s got a pretty low release and shoots with little to no arc on his shot. The ball seems to come out of his hand different on occasion. While some of his struggles might be mental I think his jump
shot needs a good amount of work.

Say aren’t you the guy who said Connor had a very good or excellent 1st step?

Yes for his size he has a good first step. It's not quite explosive, but definitely not sub par. You have seen him attack the basket this season just about as well as anyone on the team. What he is lacking currently is the confidence to 1) secure the dribble during said drive. 2) the ability to finish in the lane. In this league, man the tall trees can easily get in your head. Without much of a jump shot game to go to he may or may not ever recover from the loss of confidence. Many of Fran coached players have shrunk away from the challenge. The first step is definitely not his short coming though.

Agreed. Cook takes way too long to decide what to do and you are absolutely correct in that he can't shoot. Not.A.Lick (not a Lickliter pun I swear). I am stiff baffled by him not being able to build some sort of 8-10-12 ft shoot. And he clanks FT's. No touch at all. By a basketball player perspective, he should absolutely come back cause he's not getting drafted IMO. His only bet is overseas but again, he can't shoot so not sure that's a great option either. Although, I'm also not convinced in another year he will develop a shot.

cook has a really good shooting form, fundamentally. he started the season shooting in the 80% range from the ft line. to me, it's confidence. after the talent and fundamentals, sports is always a mental/confidence game. one thing i have noticed, this season in particular since cook was supposed to be a stretch 4, is that it doesn't seem as though fran's offense includes a ft line jumper from his 4 or 5 position. in cooks defense, i think he's confused. he's a post player that was supposed to be a stretch 4, but he can't hit the 3-ball and it doesn't seem like there's a mid-range jumper in the offense. its why i kept saying towards the end of the non con schedule that cook MUST only be a post player.

Yes for his size he has a good first step. It's not quite explosive, but definitely not sub par. You have seen him attack the basket this season just about as well as anyone on the team. What he is lacking currently is the confidence to 1) secure the dribble during said drive. 2) the ability to finish in the lane. In this league, man the tall trees can easily get in your head. Without much of a jump shot game to go to he may or may not ever recover from the loss of confidence. Many of Fran coached players have shrunk away from the challenge. The first step is definitely not his short coming though.

We're petty much united on Connor and Maishe Dailey- their scoring numbers were pathetic AS COMPARED TO MINUTES PLAYED:: PPG: McC 4.7, Dailey: 2.7. FG% was bad: 36.4% and 35.3%
What was most noticeable was their 3pt %: 17.4% and 20.0%
Connor actually had good assist 2 turnover numbers: 2.9-1.3, Dailey, not so much: 1.0-0.6

However, knowledgeable fans know you don't NEED your point guard to score, points from therm are a bonus if everyone else does their job on offense. They are there to dish to their teammates, run the offense, bring the ball up court and make good decisions.

For most of us, a major complaint was all the minutes played while JBo sat long, long stretches of the game. Combined, the two played 32 minutes per: McC-19, Dailey, 13
To be fair on a cpl of points, JBo prolly needed rest, tho not THAT much, We'll see how fresh he is tomorrow at the United Center and how well he plays going forward. Let's hope it was worth all the minutes sitting.

TO BE FAIR to the players: Fran's lack of recruiting good PG's is well documented. In-state studs leave regularly [Carton, Green] Dailey and little McC are merely warm bodies to plug into the lineup. Let's HOPE FRAN IS SMART ENOUGH TO REALIZE THIS. This puts tremendous pressure on them, when they aren't that good to begin with. B1G conference will expose every team's weaknesses.

It's safe to say Joe T's arrival should be as greatly anticipated as was Joe W's.
He is the [immediate] future for Iowa and the key player to next years season.

Nebraska and Rutgers coming down to the wire. Could this be the last Miles for the Huskers?

OK. It's Nebraska. Please don't let Sunday be the start of a surreal run for them.

I don't think it is between his ears at all. I think it is a guy who needs to get into a gym and just shoot. A guy who needs a lot of repetition. 200-300 jump shots a day in the off season type repetition.

I guard as athletic as Connor can make a way better percentage than he made, regardless of form. No doubt he could use better form. But he's a way better shooter than his percentage showed. By way better I mean average at best. I'm not suggesting he is good at it.

I tend to disagree. He’s got a pretty low release and shoots with little to no arc on his shot. The ball seems to come out of his hand different on occasion. While some of his struggles might be mental I think his jump
shot needs a good amount of work.

It does need work. Think who his tutor has been.

Neb. over Rut. 68-61 Palmer goes off for Husker BTT scoring record of 34.NW/Ill. starts in 30 minutes. Rutgers loses only one player from this years roster. Watch out for them next year!

What would make you think that? He has a weird shooting motion and he wasn't a great shooter in high school.

Because it got uglier and uglier as the year went on. It was blatantly obvious he lost confidence.
Just looked up his 3PT stats for the year. He had 23 3PT attempts. 11 of those came in the last 8 games. He also made 3 of his 4 made 3s during that stretch. To me that shows he was actually more confident in his shot at the end of the year. 3 for 11 is still pretty bad. I think splitting his time between baseball and basketball is going to make him a less effective player for both sports. I hope he kills it this year in baseball and it helps make the decision for him. I'd be surprised though if he doesn't play at least one year with PMac.

Latest posts