Joe Toussaint - Recent Videos

I'm hoping the best 5 players next year are Joe T, CJ, Patrick, Pemsl, and Nunge.

What do you foresee for Moss? Many are hoping he'll move on too, I think. Would next year be considered a "rebuilding year"?

I'm hoping the best 5 players next year are Joe T, CJ, Patrick, Pemsl, and Nunge.
Sure... and I hope Fran brings in Jaylen Fischer from TCU as a grad transfer and another big time grad transfer.

I’m trying to live in a world of at least slight realism. We’ve seen enough of Pemsl to know what he provides. If CJF were going to beat out a 5th year senior and 3rd year starter in Moss he wouldn’t have redshirted this year.

Sure... and I hope Fran brings in Jaylen Fischer from TCU as a grad transfer and another big time grad transfer.

I’m trying to live in a world of at least slight realism. We’ve seen enough of Pemsl to know what he provides. If CJF were going to beat out a 5th year senior and 3rd year starter in Moss he wouldn’t have redshirted this year.

His plan was to redshirt when he was walking on (probably so he could still get 4 years of scholarship) but then it was up in the air what they were going to do until he got hurt and forced his hand. And beating out 5th year senior Moss is pretty much the exact same thing as beating out redshirt freshman Moss. Who by the way redshirted before becoming a 3 plus year starter.

His plan was to redshirt when he was walking on (probably so he could still get 4 years of scholarship) but then it was up in the air what they were going to do until he got hurt and forced his hand. And beating out 5th year senior Moss is pretty much the exact same thing as beating out redshirt freshman Moss. Who by the way redshirted before becoming a 3 plus year starter.
Good point on CJF. I forgot about the injury. If he was around I wonder if he would have took some minutes from Dailey and Connor.

As far as Moss here is a number comparison freshman year vs this year.

Fr: 17.1 MPG / 6.5 PPG / 0.9 APG / 1.6 RPG / 3P% .358 / TS% .503 / Efg% .483 / PER 11.2

Jr: 23.9 MPG / 9.1 PPG / 1.8 APG / 2.8 RPG / 3P% .427 / TS% .520 / Efg% .484 / PER 14.3

He has improved his numbers, albeit not that sharply (his numbers were a little better as sophomore - which I think is in part of a product of getting more shots prior to Joe W arrival).

Add in to the mix next year a guy who could potentially get Moss some more easy 3pt looks, which is his best attribute, I think he can have a solid senior campaign.

Point being if we had a sure thing coming in like a Joe W or a polished grad transfer, I’d feel better about Moss moving on, but on a team lacking guard play I wouldn’t want to lose him, even if he is only average.

Good point on CJF. I forgot about the injury. If he was around I wonder if he would have took some minutes from Dailey and Connor.

Fr: 17.1 MPG / 6.5 PPG / 0.9 APG / 1.6 RPG / 3P% .358 / TS% .503 / Efg% .483 / PER 11.2

Jr: 23.9 MPG / 9.1 PPG / 1.8 APG / 2.8 RPG / 3P% .427 / TS% .520 / Efg% .484 / PER 14.3

He has improved his numbers, albeit not that sharply (his numbers were a little better as sophomore - which I think is in part of a product of getting more shots prior to Joe W arrival).

Add in to the mix next year a guy who could potentially get Moss some more easy 3pt looks, which is his best attribute, I think he can have a solid senior campaign.

Point being if we had a sure thing coming in like a Joe W or a polished grad transfer, I’d feel better about Moss moving on, but on a team lacking guard play I wouldn’t want to lose him, even if he is only average.

I dont want to lose Moss or Cook. I'm just really hoping there is a guy ready to take his minutes for the 20 games he doesn't show up. He's worth having for the other 10 games. There are a lot of empty guard minutes to be had next year. Hopefully Joe T and CJ can take them. Either that or Moss, Connor, and Dailey improve enough to quit supplying the empty minutes. I don't care either way as long as it happens. Odds are better with more options.

I think Moss could have a higher basketball IQ. But he doesn’t complain. I can’t remember him ever reacting to a call. And he is one of only 3 or 4 guys that can play through some contact. I hope he returns.

I dont want to lose Moss or Cook. I'm just really hoping there is a guy ready to take his minutes for the 20 games he doesn't show up. He's worth having for the other 10 games. There are a lot of empty guard minutes to be had next year. Hopefully Joe T and CJ can take them. Either that or Moss, Connor, and Dailey improve enough to quit supplying the empty minutes. I don't care either way as long as it happens. Odds are better with more options.
I agree on wanting Moss and Cook to return. I think Dailey could be on the Uhl path. He showed promise and played for 3 years. But it just never quite came together.

But senior (last chance) year often wakes guys up and they play with urgency and effort beyond their first 3 years. If the guys we’ve mentioned and the rest of next year’s senior class do that... It could be a special year. If and could be.

Moss scored double figures in 11 B1G games and had 9 in another. 8 in both NYC games in less than 20 minutes and 20+ points against ISU. I’d hardly say he no showed in 20 games throughout the year. In many games he gets less than 20 minutes.

To your second point I agree we should get better overall guard play next year. I cringe at the more options comment though, that has not worked out with Fran in the past. Hoping we get some healthy attrition this year (Dailey and Cmac).

I have said that C Mac needs to move to baseball. That is his future. I believe he will stay on to play with P Mac. If he is a backup to Joe T, it will be ok. I think he will improve but how much? It will be interesting to see who moves on.

I have said that C Mac needs to move to baseball. That is his future. I believe he will stay on to play with P Mac. If he is a backup to Joe T, it will be ok. I think he will improve but how much? It will be interesting to see who moves on.

We'd all agree, the "bigs" are in fairly good shape next year. Guard play will sort itself out, fairly I hope, I think you all know what I mean there. The minutes will be hard to come by with an even deeper l roster than this year. Do we have a schollie available for a 5***** transfer from Ks.? :D The bigger questions will be: [OMG, I can't bring myself to speak the words outloud] how will our defense be?

Moss scored double figures in 11 B1G games and had 9 in another. 8 in both NYC games in less than 20 minutes and 20+ points against ISU. I’d hardly say he no showed in 20 games throughout the year. In many games he gets less than 20 minutes.

To your second point I agree we should get better overall guard play next year. I cringe at the more options comment though, that has not worked out with Fran in the past. Hoping we get some healthy attrition this year (Dailey and Cmac).
I know a lot of people don’t think much of Connor. But he did some good things and we aren’t in the NCAA without him.

But I will set aside my personal opinion. I am pretty consistent with my position on freshmen. Let’s see how much they improve as sophomores. It is extremely rare that I write off any freshman...especially a coach’s son. I love coaches’ sons...always have.

I know a lot of people don’t think much of Connor. But he did some good things and we aren’t in the NCAA without him.

But I will set aside my personal opinion. I am pretty consistent with my position on freshmen. Let’s see how much they improve as sophomores. It is extremely rare that I write off any freshman...especially a coach’s son. I love coaches’ sons...always have.
He’s a redshirt freshman who got some game experience last year. He turns 21 this summer and is only like 5 months younger than Junior Maishe Dailey. Also worth mentioning that he plays another D1 sport so he has significantly less time to work on his game than your normal player.

Add those things up an to me it just seems like blind hope. I’ll refrain from posting Connor’s B1G numbers but they are woefully bad. Joe T should be able to replace whatever Connor provided this year and much more, that’s the hope anyway.

I'm hoping Joe T is so good next year that we don't need Connor. But the year after that we will almost certainly need him.

I'm hoping Joe T is so good next year that we don't need Connor. But the year after that we will almost certainly need him.
If it’s any indication, Iowa is in on a bunch of PGs in the 2020 class. The most noise being for that of Tyler Beard.
https://247sports.com/player/tyler-beard-46047367/

If Connor is on the team next year, my guess is it is his last anyway before focusing in on baseball full time.

Latest posts