Joe Smooth...

Love his demeanor, unemotional yet oozes confidence. The kid ain’t afraid.

He did a lot of that against Vic Law. A pretty respected senior in this conference... I'd be curious if anyone asked him his 2 cents on Joe W after the game. His coach mentioned him quite a bit.

So where does Wiesy rank as far as incoming frosh so far in the league? You have to imagine he's playing well enough to be in the early running for Freshman of the Year if not All B1G Frosh.

So where does Wiesy rank as far as incoming frosh so far in the league? You have to imagine he's playing well enough to be in the early running for Freshman of the Year if not All B1G Frosh.
That foreign guy from Michigan or Romeo Langford will win freshman player of the year.

Maryland has a forward who is a lock for first team.

After that I like Weiskamp’s chances at first team. Doesn’t seem to be as many great freshman in the league this year.

That foreign guy from Michigan or Romeo Langford will win freshman player of the year.

Maryland has a forward who is a lock for first team.

After that I like Weiskamp’s chances at first team. Doesn’t seem to be as many great freshman in the league this year.

Yeah I think Langford has already locked up Freshman of the year. After that Brazdeikis and Jalen Smith are probably locks for the all freshman team as well.

The last two spots are up for grabs at this point, but for now I'd give them to Wieskamp and Daniel Oturu from Minnesota

Yeah I think Langford has already locked up Freshman of the year. After that Brazdeikis and Jalen Smith are probably locks for the all freshman team as well.

The last two spots are up for grabs at this point, but for now I'd give them to Wieskamp and Daniel Oturu from Minnesota

Yeah, IMO, if Iowa places in the top 6, makes the dance and Wiesy keeps up this pace, it will be hard for him not to be on the All B1G Frosh team. I think a lot of it depends on how they do. Lots of ball left. Pretty excited for Saturday now

Yeah, IMO, if Iowa places in the top 6, makes the dance and Wiesy keeps up this pace, it will be hard for him not to be on the All B1G Frosh team. I think a lot of it depends on how they do. Lots of ball left. Pretty excited for Saturday now

It was funny because after the game the BTN guys were saying JW is going to be one of those guys that 2/3 years from now other teams are going to be saying "that guys STILL in college?". Then they mentioned Jess Settles and then Robbie Hummel called himself out for being at Purdue for 30 years.

I agree with another poster...he just needs to get stronger. Once he does that...he goes through people like butter. His dribble drive game will go to another level...and then he becomes a nightmare to guard. Damn...he did a good job on Law was impressive and the crossover drive and finish was nice. He also rebounded in traffic. Once again, he get's stronger, his vertical gets better, and all areas of his game improve.

I love his game...and he's a lot more athletic than people give him credit for.

Dekker was more athletic IMO. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see JW ever doing this:

JW is shooting like 45% from 3 though which is crazy impressive for a Freshman.

Like to see it happen in a game some day, but apparently he slammed one in over Cook early in the season during practice.

Wiesus is my favorite nickname thus far.

He's an excellent offensive player with an OBPM of 5.1, matching Uthoff's senior year. His DBPM is 0.1 though. Uthoff's was 5.9 his junior year and 5.1 his senior year. He's a great offensive player and one of our better defenders, but has a long way to go toward being the force that Uthoff was. That said, Uthoff was a 4th year junior after a redshirt year at Wisconsin, a transfer year, and one prior season at Iowa. Wiesus will be a senior at that age, if he doesn't go pro before then. With his physical tools, he will be an absolute terror-monster on both sides of the ball.

Latest posts