Joe Smooth...

He's been called Weisy since he was in middle school - maybe longer. (His dad's nickname was and still is Weis) For the poster who said he looks like he only cares about basketball - he was a great student in HS as well. And by all reports, he's not a kid who puts himself in a position to get into any kind of trouble.

The ONLY time I saw him have an emotional display on the court was after they won their substate game his senior year. He achieved a 4-year goal of making it to the state tournament. He jumped around and pumped his fists.

His teammates call him Wiesy

I can see why, facial expressions are similar :)
latest

Such an impressive first year.
Enjoy these next few years and let it soak in, for Wieskamp has the potential to become Hawkeye LEGEND!

Had one of the quickest releases of his time, along with Bernard King. Too many moves around the hoop to mention, like this one. Up for debate as to how he would handle the more physical nature of the modern NBA. He wasn't even close to 200 lbs. Had a Louis Orr/Lafester Rhodes/Jalen Rose build.

Gervin's thin build helped him drive through traffic and was still a very good rebounder. Joe just seems to find space to get through the defense like that.

He comes across as a humble and focused team oriented type of guy. I like how he brought up that he knows he'll have to become more of a vocal leader down the road. When your best player is a team oriented vocal leader that also leads by example, good things tend to happen.

Latest posts