Joe Smooth...

What are the odds he does it again? He being Underwood watching him in warmups? If your even 1% of a superstitious person after that he's gotta not watch.

I am glad that Garza decided to play for Iowa, He could have played for Maryland or Georgetown. He seems happy here in Iowa.
Timing is EVERYTHING. I think he committed to us prior to Ewing taking the Georgetown gig. If Ewing had been there say a year earlier and went after Garza you'd think that'd have been tough for him to say no to..

I don't remember being this optimistic about a frosh for Iowa. The crazy thing is based on his demeanor I think hes only gonna get better.

I hate to have such insane expectations on a young guy but hes showing it every game.

I can think of a few. He is Kevin Boyle without a goofy shot.

He’s the best of Gatens (an even better shooter however) and A White. That’s a serious player.
It'll be interesting to see how much weight he puts on. It'll certainly dictate his play. I think he's around 205ish now. If he gets closer to 220/225ish and keeps his athleticism holy smokes... Because he'll be able to play in the paint even more than he does now.

And he is a great person as well. KCCI just had a story on the news about someone who sent him a message that her grandmother was ill and was his biggest fan. He could have just sent her a message. Instead he visited her in person and made her day. Pictures with this 89 yr old fan show him with a big smile. :)

Latest posts