Joe Smooth...

Mr Brando has seen a lot of basketball over the years. I enjoy how he calls games and conducts himself. He's not the flashy kind of guy who tries interjecting his personality into it very much. But he loves everything about it. That had to be a really cool thing for him to do for Joe

Knowing a little more about him in this way puts a lot of the other stuff we're learning about him more into context. Small town Iowa. You can't beat it. Wish everyone could grow up in that environment. Joe seems like the kind of kid that people would ask to babysit their kids when he was younger than they were..

What was up with the Chipwood references? I thought the broadcasters did a good job, but that comparison was a little disturbing. The kid is 6’ 6 and very athletic.

What was up with the Chipwood references? I thought the broadcasters did a good job, but that comparison was a little disturbing. The kid is 6’ 6 and very athletic.
Have you ever watched the movie Hoosiers? Jimmy Chitwood was the star on the team.

Have you ever watched the movie Hoosiers? Jimmy Chitwood was the star on the team.
It took Coach Dale a lot of cajoling and coaxing to get him to come out for the team. Didn't he have an affinity for the previous coach? Or wasn't he getting pulled all directions by the townspeople? Haven't seen the movie a while. I know he almost singlehandedly kept Dale from getting fired when they had the meeting after the townspeople leaned of Dale's checkered past.

Dekker was more athletic IMO. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see JW ever doing this:

JW is shooting like 45% from 3 though which is crazy impressive for a Freshman.

It's not like Dekker was doing that as a freshman. At this point in time Joe is a fine player with a much higher ceiling. If he has the fortune of developing an adult body in a few years he has Dekker + potential.

It's not like Dekker was doing that as a freshman. At this point in time Joe is a fine player with a much higher ceiling. If he has the fortune of developing an adult body in a few years he has Dekker + potential.

I think JW has way more potential than Dekker right now. I just think they're different players. Dekker was taller and more physical. JW game is more 3 point oriented. Dekker shot 3s as well but JW is way better at it.

JW is gonna be fun to watch develop

Latest posts