herbyhawk

Banned
has now added the following team as school of interest to Iowa
Creighton
ISU
Lehigh
N Colorado
UNI

and according to reports a Wisconsin Coach was there watching Morgan, the eyes of the BB world was opened in Des Moines this weekend, going into the summer AAU's. and there are those that follow BB that say he really blew up this season in his playing ability, and they expect he will be one of the better BB players in the state next season

i should have said "best" then, as i consider Woodbury, Paige and Abrahamson are in this class, so i guess i should have clarified or said in next year class so some people can't try to correct every post i make

i should have said "best" then, as i consider Woodbury, Paige and Abrahamson are in this class, so i guess i should have clarified or said in next year class so some people can't try to correct every post i make

I didn't mean to correct you as much as emphasize that he's one of the better players in the state regardless of class.

either way i would like Fran to bank the last ride and make a solid push for Mogan at 6'7 and Agua at 6'9 235lb in next years class, especially as a poster listed that Agau is projected to be 6'10 240 when he gets to college which fits the bill of getting the size to compete with MSU and OSU's out there

I really like the thought of a 6-6 wing who can shoot well from the outside.
Strength will come over the years
I like the idea of keeping open the 2 school lies and not getting another wing this year.
The big guy from Omaha would be solid addition as I think he is a big with great athleticism.

it sounds good to bank a scholly but if may cant recover we need another wing. and the real question is if fran is willing to bank on may fully recovering for next yr as a reliable backup for enough minutes to spell ogelsby and marble. i dont think gesell can play the 2 much like some do and ingram i dont think has the shot and will need to develop one. so i think fran basically has to use it (ideally on a juco).

I agree that Fran needs to try to fill that wing scholly this spring, if he can woo the right guy. The time to strike is now,next year,not wait for two years. Iowa has the favorable Big Ten slate again next year,but after that it probably does not,so Fran needs to prioritizing making the Dance next year not in 2014. If that happens,then he maintains momentum,gets another bluechipper for 2013...maybe Agau..and Fran gets that extension to solidify his status for recruiting purposes.

No more long term plans...gotta Dance next year or at least be on the first four out list.

This is just the start, if he plays in the AAU like he did in Des Moines he will attract a lot more offers.

I agree that Fran needs to try to fill that wing scholly this spring, if he can woo the right guy. The time to strike is now,next year,not wait for two years. Iowa has the favorable Big Ten slate again next year,but after that it probably does not,so Fran needs to prioritizing making the Dance next year not in 2014. If that happens,then he maintains momentum,gets another bluechipper for 2013...maybe Agau..and Fran gets that extension to solidify his status for recruiting purposes.

No more long term plans...gotta Dance next year or at least be on the first four out list.

In two years Iowa plays Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State & O$U twice. With Iowa's luck, the Hawks will probably play the bottom four teams once.

From what I saw of Morgan he should be heavily considered for 2013. He had good off the ball movement and a great outside shot. Didn't seem to penetrate much but that can be taught.

Also liked what I saw from Lohaus in the 2014 class.

the thing that i find interesting this comment about striking while the iron is hot. makes me wonder if those people have very little faith in the returning players or the 5 we have coming in, Iowa loses 4 players to graduation and have 5 coming in, that will give Fran 12 players to work with. Oglesby can play on the wing if Ingram shows he can handle the 2, Gesell was a 2 while playing with Paige on the AAU circuit, Clemmons is a pure pg so it would not suprise me to see Clemmons and Gesell on the court at the same time.
May not being healthy is a unknown for next year, and if he is the team did just fine without him playing major minutes.
saving it for a player like Morgan makes more sense.
the arguement he has no offers is irrelevent, as it was reported that Roy Williams was in the Well scouting him,
if i recall right White had very few offers and he is turning out to be quite the find.
Meyer from Georgia same thing very little interest and by his videos looks to be very good, Clemmons did not have a lot of top tier offers and looks to be a good one, #1 pg in Michigan and 3rd best overall in the state, and Michigan produces talent so i doubt some kid rated in the top 5 instate is a bad player.
if you want to strike while the iron is hot offer Mogan and push hard for Agua who is reportedly growing and many expect him to be 6'10 240 lbs or more coming into college.
one last note on Morgan there arte those that say Morgan will the #1 player in the state of Iowa next year, and if Wiscy and Roy Toy are sniffing around this kid, Isure as h@ll am tired of those 2 stealing Iowa kids

Last edited:

Latest posts