Jeremy Morgan

winning now and banking the scholly are two different things. if he thinks that using the scholly is best then that is what he should do. if banking it is what will help the best then do that. but he does need to win now. if that wasnt the case we would still have lick as our coach. anyone can say they didnt like the style but if he had won 20 to 25 games during his 3rd yr is anyone dumb enough to think he would have been fired? it is about winning. you can bank a scholly but if you are fired all it does is help your successor.

btw chris paul puts up lots of points and no one will say he isnt a true pg. some true pg are scorers too. but they are guys who are passers and scorers pretty evenly (that is how gesell is). he will take over a game if he has to but he will also distribute if that is the way to win. derrick rose on the other hand is the new age "zero" guard who dominated the ball and is always thinking score for yourself first.

so i take it nobody on the current roster can or will improve?
Gesell will be a stater and a major upgrade over Cartwright, and Gesell was a 2 guard his fresh and soph year in HS, he didn't score 2000+ pts in 2 years by being a pgpersonally i expect Oglesby to improve to be a solid 2gd, and Marble and White to improve as well,
as for the other freshmen i expect them to come and contribute in patches, with one of them taking a RS to develope. as for Olaseni i expect him to surprise the Doubters.
Basabe has this summer and fall to get his act together, he clearly came in overweight and out of shape, i expect this to be a point of Frans to get him motivated,
McCabe improved but he committs to many dumb fouls this too can be fixed, the players as a team are far better than some of you want to give them credit for.
i believe that as is Fran will have thjem in the dance and be a 1 win and then out next year. now i don't see many showing that out there in support of Fran.
most of what see is people clamoring for a 13th player to guantee success. i see the success already being there with the player he has, and i see Fran saying all the right things to ease the fans fears in saying they are looking at p[layers,
my god what do you expect him to say, H@LL no i am done recruiting this seaon. of course he says he is looking. do you really feel Fran is that stupid.

McCaffery Transcript from B1G Media Day - Iowa Official Athletic Site

THE MODERATOR: Coach, opening statement.

COACH McCAFFERY: I feel really good about our team right now. As we came into this season, you know, I think the most important thing was to look back to the previous few months since our season ended. We had some highlights, we had some lowlights last year, but what we did was improve. And I think I've been around long enough to know that you have to watch and see how our players respond to how the season ended and what they do in the spring, what they do in the summer, what they do in the fall. And what I've seen is a tremendous commitment individually to improving physically, which I think is important, especially for our big guys, when you look at (Melsahn) Basabe and Zach McCabe and Andrew Brommer, Devon Archie. Body fat down. Weight up. Much better shape to play the kind of style we want to play. Now they understand what we're doing, and I think when you look at the fact that we have so much experience back and an excellent recruiting class, I feel very strongly that we're going to be much improved.

Herby, you really have no ******* clue what you are talking about do you.

McCaffery Transcript from B1G Media Day - Iowa Official Athletic Site

THE MODERATOR: Coach, opening statement.

COACH McCAFFERY: I feel really good about our team right now. As we came into this season, you know, I think the most important thing was to look back to the previous few months since our season ended. We had some highlights, we had some lowlights last year, but what we did was improve. And I think I've been around long enough to know that you have to watch and see how our players respond to how the season ended and what they do in the spring, what they do in the summer, what they do in the fall. And what I've seen is a tremendous commitment individually to improving physically, which I think is important, especially for our big guys, when you look at (Melsahn) Basabe and Zach McCabe and Andrew Brommer, Devon Archie. Body fat down. Weight up. Much better shape to play the kind of style we want to play. Now they understand what we're doing, and I think when you look at the fact that we have so much experience back and an excellent recruiting class, I feel very strongly that we're going to be much improved.

Herby, you really have no ******* clue what you are talking about do you.

way to twist what said to imply i am doubting Fran, you are a F'N idiot those are meant for the posters on here

maybe you can form your own stupid club.
now i ask who do you feel Fran can get to take the place of one of those 12 players. that can make this a better team?
and of those 12 players who is not good enough to play in any way that will help this team be better.
oh wait you guys can't name anybody, all you can do is call names and spout off nonsense, about "OMG" we just have to have 13 players to be successfull or with it being Fran's 3rd year he will be gone, because Lick only got three years.
Fran is building this team for the long haul not a 3year quick fix
I am perfectly happy with the job he is doing and expect him to be here til he retires.
so if anybody can tell me who of those 12 can't get minutes to make room for this superstud. i'd would really like to know.

You seriously don't think Fran could get a player better than any of 12 (TWELVE) current Iowa players? I guarantee he could. That may not be the best way to go but he sure could.

I have not seen any one listed

I thought you'd have learned by now that you can't track Fran's recruiting by lists.

For the record, I don't think Fran will sign another player for this class unless somebody is in serious danger of not qualifying (not a prediction).

McCaffery Transcript from B1G Media Day - Iowa Official Athletic SiteTHE MODERATOR: Coach, opening statement. COACH McCAFFERY: I feel really good about our team right now. As we came into this season, you know, I think the most important thing was to look back to the previous few months since our season ended. We had some highlights, we had some lowlights last year, but what we did was improve. And I think I've been around long enough to know that you have to watch and see how our players respond to how the season ended and what they do in the spring, what they do in the summer, what they do in the fall. And what I've seen is a tremendous commitment individually to improving physically, which I think is important, especially for our big guys, when you look at (Melsahn) Basabe and Zach McCabe and Andrew Brommer, Devon Archie. Body fat down. Weight up. Much better shape to play the kind of style we want to play. Now they understand what we're doing, and I think when you look at the fact that we have so much experience back and an excellent recruiting class, I feel very strongly that we're going to be much improved.Herby, you really have no ******* clue what you are talking about do you.
way to twist what said to imply i am doubting Fran, you are a F'N idiot those are meant for the posters on here

you twist what others say to make it seem like they dont have faith in fran or players or whatever. you do it more than anyone i read.

McCaffery Transcript from B1G Media Day - Iowa Official Athletic SiteTHE MODERATOR: Coach, opening statement. COACH McCAFFERY: I feel really good about our team right now. As we came into this season, you know, I think the most important thing was to look back to the previous few months since our season ended. We had some highlights, we had some lowlights last year, but what we did was improve. And I think I've been around long enough to know that you have to watch and see how our players respond to how the season ended and what they do in the spring, what they do in the summer, what they do in the fall. And what I've seen is a tremendous commitment individually to improving physically, which I think is important, especially for our big guys, when you look at (Melsahn) Basabe and Zach McCabe and Andrew Brommer, Devon Archie. Body fat down. Weight up. Much better shape to play the kind of style we want to play. Now they understand what we're doing, and I think when you look at the fact that we have so much experience back and an excellent recruiting class, I feel very strongly that we're going to be much improved.Herby, you really have no ******* clue what you are talking about do you.

I'm not twisting anything herb, I read what you said and directly disputed it. I'm the "F'n idiot" when all you do is post stupid **** over and over and get ****** when someone disputes it or disagrees.

oh is that so, you mean nobody is saying Fran needs to sign another player while the Iron his hot as he needs to win "now"?
gee then i must have just imagined those posts

Find them and quote them. Just about everyone is saying the same thing and all you are doing is making up stuff to argue about.

Why do people respond to this guy?

He makes up ridiculous statements and in response you guys attempt to explain to him that he is making things up?

Either he realizes it and he is baiting you into a nonsense argument, or he somehow doesn't realize it, in which case he is insane.

Either way complete wast of time.

Like he said, he didn't twist ANYTHING. You clearly said Basabe was out of shape, while Fran said he was IN shape.

You sir, need lots of help with the comprehension of words.

Please stop posting...you post things and then say someone twists your words?
I just don't get why you are so upset at the world...you post something and then contradict yourself three posts later...then you rip people when they call you out for your own contradiction.
You try and twist everything people say then end up calling them an idiot or stupid.

Dude what is your beef?

Tyler Brown out of Marshalltown CC last year was a guy we looked at,but passed,and grabbed Hubbard instead. Brown went to Illinois St. and has scored 22+ points in each of his last 5 games for Illinois St as they have made a late run in the MVC tourny and then tonite he was 8 of 9 from the arc vs Ole Miss as Ill. St beat Ole Miss in the NIT. Kid is a super shooter,at 6'4''. I wish we had grabbed him last year instead of Hubbard, as now he could replace the shooting of Matt Gatens.

It is this kind of move that Fran is now considering,looking beyond next year to the following year also...he is playing chess,not checkers.

Please just stop, you're not even reading what most people are saying, you're just blindly defending what you think is right. Well guess what, most are sick of your schpeel. Just shut up.

^^^ This. STFU! So tired of reading your drivel on this board. You've pretty much ruined what would've been great basketball discussions on the board this year. Instead you've soiled every thread you touched. One can only hope you don't follow football...

Latest posts