Jarrod Uthoff

Re: Uthoff update

Bo was trending on Twitter today. You have to just laugh at how bad this has blown up in his face.

It's pretty hypocritical of Bo to take Ben Brust, but then not allow Uthoff to transfer wherever he pleases. There really isn't much of a difference.

It's pretty hypocritical of Bo to take Ben Brust, but then not allow Uthoff to transfer wherever he pleases. There really isn't much of a difference.

theres some pretty big differences, but they seem to be getting smaller as we learn more about the new rules.

Anything that makes Bo look like a giant bunghole is fine with me. Keep it up. I am sure recruits are loving this.

theres some pretty big differences, but they seem to be getting smaller as we learn more about the new rules.

The differences are not that big. 1) Iowa changed coaches, and 2) Uthoff attended Wisconsin for a year. Uthoff did not play at all and he found out he did not like their system. Brust decided Iowa's new system wasn't going to work for him so he asked to be released from his scholarship. Pretty similar situations. Bo is just being a baby. I can't believe he banned the entire ACC. That makes no sense.

The differences are not that big. 1) Iowa changed coaches, and 2) Uthoff attended Wisconsin for a year. Uthoff did not play at all and he found out he did not like their system. Brust decided Iowa's new system wasn't going to work for him so he asked to be released from his scholarship. Pretty similar situations. Bo is just being a baby. I can't believe he banned the entire ACC. That makes no sense.
I would respectfully disagree. If you think a guy that makes a decision to go to a school and nothing changes and a year later he decides he doesn't like the system, the same one that was in place when he committed, and he wants to transfer without conditions, that is a huge difference from Brust.

Uthoff. Just decided he doesn't like what he decided on a year ago. Brust decided on a coach and now the coach isn't there anymore and he wants out of a commitment that he made but never set foot on campus.

Personally, I think Uthoff is kind of like all of the other players who want to transfer because they didn't play much. What has changed re styles of play from last year until now for Wisconsin? Nothing. All of the sudden Iowa's style of play is different this year? It sounds to me like he doesn't really want to say why he wants to leave, because his reasons don't really sound like anything I couldn't have told him when he committed.

Just because he is from Iowa doesn't mean he should get a pass compared to all of the other types that many people on this board regularly chastise for leaving programs because they aren't wiling to wait to get on the court.

Tell me why this is different than the others that are often talked about here? I am dying to find out.

I would respectfully disagree. If you think a guy that makes a decision to go to a school and nothing changes and a year later he decides he doesn't like the system, the same one that was in place when he committed, and he wants to transfer without conditions, that is a huge difference from Brust.

Uthoff. Just decided he doesn't like what he decided on a year ago. Brust decided on a coach and now the coach isn't there anymore and he wants out of a commitment that he made but never set foot on campus.

Personally, I think Uthoff is kind of like all of the other players who want to transfer because they didn't play much. What has changed re styles of play from last year until now for Wisconsin? Nothing. All of the sudden Iowa's style of play is different this year? It sounds to me like he doesn't really want to say why he wants to leave, because his reasons don't really sound like anything I couldn't have told him when he committed.

Just because he is from Iowa doesn't mean he should get a pass compared to all of the other types that many people on this board regularly chastise for leaving programs because they aren't wiling to wait to get on the court.

Tell me why this is different than the others that are often talked about here? I am dying to find out.

100% agree!

A fair list would have been the Big Ten and Marquette.. Everything else is riduculous

I would respectfully disagree. If you think a guy that makes a decision to go to a school and nothing changes and a year later he decides he doesn't like the system, the same one that was in place when he committed, and he wants to transfer without conditions, that is a huge difference from Brust.Uthoff. Just decided he doesn't like what he decided on a year ago. Brust decided on a coach and now the coach isn't there anymore and he wants out of a commitment that he made but never set foot on campus.Personally, I think Uthoff is kind of like all of the other players who want to transfer because they didn't play much. What has changed re styles of play from last year until now for Wisconsin? Nothing. All of the sudden Iowa's style of play is different this year? It sounds to me like he doesn't really want to say why he wants to leave, because his reasons don't really sound like anything I couldn't have told him when he committed.Just because he is from Iowa doesn't mean he should get a pass compared to all of the other types that many people on this board regularly chastise for leaving programs because they aren't wiling to wait to get on the court.Tell me why this is different than the others that are often talked about here? I am dying to find out.
A fair list would have been the Big Ten and Marquette.. Everything else is riduculous

Agreed

Re:Uthoff update

Screw Uthoff, of course he likes our style we beat them twice. If he turned his nose at us in the first place I don't want him. He can play go play for some mid major in a one bid conference.

I won't disagree that a fair list would not include the ACC. I can see not letting him go to my main in-state rival or his home state schools, one of which is in my conference.

While I will admit the Brust situation creates an interesting twist now that an Iowa prep on his team may want to go to Iowa, it is hardly the same situation.

He is simply another guy that wants to transfer after barely having been on campus, but he is from Iowa in this instance, so some of you are cutting this kid some slack and treating him like a normal 19 year old, as opposed to the multitude of others who want this that you have no connection to. They are all bad seeds, right? They should be held accountable to their decision, right?

Somebody please photoshop Bo and Beliema into the appropriate photo with the caption..."the ****** Brothers"

Mr. Uthoff needs to find a close relative who his seriously ill -- even if it is just diabetes or hypertension -- so he can declare a hardship to transfer to a school closer to home.

Bottom line: Both Brust and uthoff need the schools they signed LOI's with but never played for to release them to the schools they want to attend. Iowa did it,even tho they knew that Brust would face them 8-12 times over the next 4 years,and he was allowed to play immediately. Bo is refusing to do it even tho Uthoff would have to sit a year anyway. Bo is being a vindictive ***** while Fran was magnanimous with Brust.

One guy has the kids best interest at heart and showed class, the the other is a ***** who is going out of his way to ensure the kid does not have the kind of college experience he is seeking....I will let you decide who is who.

Bottom line: Both Brust and uthoff need the schools they signed LOI's with but never played for to release them to the schools they want to attend. Iowa did it,even tho they knew that Brust would face them 8-12 times over the next 4 years,and he was allowed to play immediately. Bo is refusing to do it even tho Uthoff would have to sit a year anyway. Bo is being a vindictive ***** while Fran was magnanimous with Brust.

One guy has the kids best interest at heart and showed class, the the other is a ***** who is going out of his way to ensure the kid does not have the kind of college experience he is seeking....I will let you decide who is who.
This is why Bo's recruiting just might take a serious hit.....

His luster has been fading for quite a while now....

Very nice post.....

:)

Latest posts