Ivy League Cancels Men's & Women's Basketball Tournaments

The Seattle Marines are talking about playing their baseball games (at least the first few games of the year) in an empty stadium, that would be weird.

Sounds like 1st & 2nd round games in Cleveland may be w/o fans. Same holds true for the opening games in Dayton.

I'm guessing it's because the epidemiologists and virologists making these decisions know more than the experts on this board.

there are 330,000,000 (million) people in America. there are aprx 1000 total cases. there are 7,500,000,000 (billion) people in the world. there are aprx 122,000 total confirmed cases world wide. The issue isn't whether this virus exists. the issue is whether the fear, panic and hysteria is warranted. it is not warranted. if it is warranted, then we should shut out country and the world down every flu season because between 40k and 70k people in America die each flu season.

I'm guessing it's because the epidemiologists and virologists making these decisions know more than the experts on this board.

i would also point out that it is these people that are saying that the danger to American's is low. it has always been low. could that change? sure. but it hasn't. so, again, does this warrant fear, panic and hysteria. by your definition that the experts know more about this that the non experts; the experts are telling us to quit panicking and the probability is current low for americans.

there are 330,000,000 (million) people in America. there are aprx 1000 total cases. there are 7,500,000,000 (billion) people in the world. there are aprx 122,000 total confirmed cases world wide. The issue isn't whether this virus exists. the issue is whether the fear, panic and hysteria is warranted. it is not warranted. if it is warranted, then we should shut out country and the world down every flu season because between 40k and 70k people in America die each flu season.

I think fear is warranted for those with elderly or sick relatives. Seems to be very bad news if they contract it.

Also the main doctor on the US coronavirus task force said today that while a lot of the panic is being overstated, its still at least 10 times more deadly than the flu.

People are just trying to prevent a mass spread. Its gonna be weird but whatever. Better safe than sorry, right? Imagine an NCAA tournament site where 2,000 people got infected. There would be hell to pay and possibly even lawsuits.

What's interesting about this is that nicotine binds to the Ace-2 receptor which is what COVID-19 uses to break into cells. A smoker is much less likely to catch it but more likely to have a severe case than a non-smoker.

What's interesting about this is that nicotine binds to the Ace-2 receptor which is what COVID-19 uses to break into cells. A smoker is much less likely to catch it but more likely to have a severe case than a non-smoker.

So kids arent getting it because they're chain smokers? Makes sense to me. ;)

Latest posts