Ivy League Cancels Men's & Women's Basketball Tournaments

My whole point was for people to take this seriously, that it is not the flu and should not be treated as such. The numbers right now are about a week to two behind, the US is chasing this. Hawk fan to Hawk fans, and I know a lot of you are older, I urge you all to take this seriously. Even if you are not older, I'm sure you know somebody who is. A simple mistake or lackadaisical approach could severely hurt somebody else. It's not time to panic, just think before you do something. Please.
You sound like you're in total panic mode. Turn the TV off and try thinking objectively, please.

You sound like you're in total panic mode. Turn the TV off and try thinking objectively, please.
Nah I'm good man. Actually I don't watch any TV at all except for Iowa FB and BBall games. Does sound like you're in total denial mode though

Last edited:
Damn...The St. Patrick's Day parade in Cedar Rapids & Chicago are now cancelled. Man, I was so looking forward to next week and now it's going down the crapper.

03/11/20

"The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics have sent an email to faculty and staff notifying them that it has admitted its first COVID 19 patient, who remains in critical condition.

The Cedar Rapids Gazette reports that the email goes on to add, “All proper procedures and precautions were followed during the admission process, and staff members were properly protected.”Our preparation ensured that the patient did not come in contact with anyone who was not properly protected.”

Hospital CEO Suresh Gunasekaran says the patient will be isolated for the duration of treatment.

Administrators are planning to share more information later Wednesday afternoon at an employee forum."

03/11/20

"The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics have sent an email to faculty and staff notifying them that it has admitted its first COVID 19 patient, who remains in critical condition.

The Cedar Rapids Gazette reports that the email goes on to add, “All proper procedures and precautions were followed during the admission process, and staff members were properly protected.”Our preparation ensured that the patient did not come in contact with anyone who was not properly protected.”

Hospital CEO Suresh Gunasekaran says the patient will be isolated for the duration of treatment.

Administrators are planning to share more information later Wednesday afternoon at an employee forum."
I wonder how many flu cases they receive every day. Shit, I wonder how many of their patients die from the flu every day.

It will feel so lifeless, like watching a pick up basketball game. There will be no energy or atmosphere. Teams thrive off the fans, it helps them when they need to make a run. I'm guessing this counts for the women's tourney as well?

It is the men's and women's bball tourneys, plus the wrestling tourney.

there are 330,000,000 (million) people in America. there are aprx 1000 total cases. there are 7,500,000,000 (billion) people in the world. there are aprx 122,000 total confirmed cases world wide. The issue isn't whether this virus exists. the issue is whether the fear, panic and hysteria is warranted. it is not warranted. if it is warranted, then we should shut out country and the world down every flu season because between 40k and 70k people in America die each flu season.

The World Health Organization identified the virus as a pandemic. Before you attack them, recognize this is the first time they have done so in 11 years. Do your research, then talk.

The World Health Organization identified the virus as a pandemic. Before you attack them, recognize this is the first time they have done so in 11 years. Do your research, then talk.
Did you already forget about them saying the virus wasn't anything to worry about. That agency is a joke.

from the same experts you're siting, ree4. just cuz you're sarcastic and like to swear doesn't mean you're right. go do some research and see. everything that i have stated can be proven as accurate as provided by the experts YOU sited. so, go do some research and prove me wrong instead of just throwing sarcasm out there and some swear words.

You are dead wrong. Your attention to accuracy is lacking. Not going todo your research for you.

* The elderly AND the young are in danger every flu season.
* This virus has so far not harmed children, world wide.
* The elderly should take the same precautions as they and everyone should every flu season.
* You are referring to Anthony Faucci. He testified in front of Congress, today, that this virus is 10x more "lethal" than the flu. However, no one defined "lethal."
* Anthony Faucci also said that, even though, this virus is 10x more lethal than the flu, he also said that this virus now has a mortality rate of 1% instead of the 3% to 4% originally thought. That is a 66% to 75% less mortality rate originally thought.

Again, what warrants fear, panic and hysteria?
The World Health Organization. I will stick with them, thanks.

Because it's incredibly early and it's going to get a lot worse? Wait till fall...

Right now, the estimate is around 18 months. Do your research.

huck, it's 12-18 months, typically. i knew that. it was a rhetorical question. read carefully and use your english comprehension skills, such as they are.

you do realize that the WHO has former chinese government officials within it, right?

uh, you do realize that anthony fauci is working directly with the WHO and CDC, right?

Latest posts