I've said it time and time again.

Mac50702

Iowa will NOT win a National Title under Ferentz. Hawkfanintx can keep that sig as long as he wants, but it will NOT happen. And Vandenburg is NOT that good. 0-3 on the road. Please save the "oh he played well in OSU for a freshman"

Iowa will NOT win a National Title under Ferentz. Hawkfanintx can keep that sig as long as he wants, but it will NOT happen. And Vandenburg is NOT that good. 0-3 on the road. Please save the "oh he played well in OSU for a freshman"

cause they did under fry? another pointless post.

First of all, you basically invalidate yourself on the VandenbErg point by misspelling his name. Is it that hard, as a fan, to spell it right?
Second, he's really not that bad either. He's going to be good, but he is still learning and growing as a player. We all watched Stanzi struggle in '09. Yes he still won games, but he didn't better than Vandenberg has this year.

I don't think the QB job will be up for grabs next year, but if we don't win 7 games this year and have a few more QB performances like today I think Rudock will be in the mix for sure during the off-season.

Until you can consistently recruit with the bluebloods you can't win a national title. Iowa has to execute perfectly to beat good teams, we don't have a talent margin error. Oregon is the first non-blueblood to win in years and they have NIKE money and cheat.

I think the point is that some fans like him and myself would like the thought of maybe one day playing for a national title. Kirk Ferentz will NEVER accomplish that, so it's time to move on. I would rather be 4-7 and have a coach like Rhodes, who is passionate about his program and desires to win, than be 6-5 and have ferentz.

I dont see why this is so hard for some people to understand, but its cyclical.

ferentz plays to stay in the game
games are lost
fans lose interest
school loses money
hawkeye football loses top recruits to teams that want to win
hawks have losing season
rinse repeat.

Tell me, if youre 17 getting ready to go play NCAA football at a school of your choice, because youre a stud.. do you pick say... Texas, who has a history of winning and going for wins, or do you pick Iowa, who tries its hardest not to hurt feelings? Think if youre a 6'5 reciever with 4.2 speed... You WANT to be in Iowa City because your girlfriend, laqueesha, is a student at kirkwood from chicago.. But, you know you will NEVER be seen by the NFL because ol Kirk wants to run the ball, even down 2 possessions with 8 minutes left.

Its really not the rocket science some of you make it out to be.

I think the point is that some fans like him and myself would like the thought of maybe one day playing for a national title. Kirk Ferentz will NEVER accomplish that, so it's time to move on. I would rather be 4-7 and have a coach like Rhodes, who is passionate about his program and desires to win, than be 6-5 and have ferentz.

games are lost
fans lose interest
school loses money
hawks have losing season
rinse repeat.

Tell me, if youre 17 getting ready to go play NCAA football at a school of your choice, because youre a stud.. do you pick say... Texas, who has a history of winning and going for wins, or do you pick Iowa, who tries its hardest not to hurt feelings? Think if youre a 6'5 reciever with 4.2 speed... You WANT to be in Iowa City because your girlfriend, laqueesha, is a student at kirkwood from chicago.. But, you know you will NEVER be seen by the NFL because ol Kirk wants to run the ball, even down 2 possessions with 8 minutes left.

So you would rather have losing seasons, and have your coach fired than have stability and know that you will be playing for a bowl game at the end of the year? Also, you may be a total *******.

It will be harder to win a Big Ten title now with 12 teams in the conference. First you gotta win your division then you play a good team in the championship game.

Past time to stop playing the in state teams and do Wisconsin type scheduling in the non conference season.

I assure you losing to Iowa State will either hurt Iowa's bowl payout/January bowl hopes or possibly keep the Hawks home in the post season.

games are lost
fans lose interest
school loses money
hawks have losing season
rinse repeat.

lollllllllll

By this logic Boise State should get rid of their head coach. Hey did you call for Tom Davis's head too? Cause I'm really glad we got much more passionate Steve Alford and Tom Lickliter.. they more of what it takes to win a national title.

We ran the ball.. and what happend? 7 yards and no huddled immediately after, it was effective because of element of surprise. Vandenberg was playing with one contact or something throwing behind open receivers and in double/triple coverage.... yep.. it was ferentz fault.. freaking freakdity.

games are lost
fans lose interest
school loses money
hawks have losing season
rinse repeat.

In regards to "be like Rhodes"... I'd rather have won 3 bowls in a row. Participated in 2 BCS bowls. Rick Stanzi has just as many bowl wins as ISU has in their history.

I'll take Ferentz for another 12 years if the results are the same. Even if the results aren't quite as good. There's a 90% chance the grass is not greener on the other side for a program like Iowa. Get greedy and you'll end up like Minnesota.

Wow what a total dip$hit post, if your standard for KF being a good coach is winning a national championship at Iowa that's on you moron.

Latest posts