I've said it time and time again.

Why is everyone jumping over the poster for the original post? You geniuses think that losses to PSU where we don't score a TD, or losses to ISU by tucking our sacks back is going to attract quality talent? The fact of the matter is that when you have chances to win (especially at a place like Iowa) you pin your ears back and get the damn job done. Otherwise you start losing good prospects and you are constantly in a 'rebuilding' period. I can't believe how many people are so happy with being mediocre. "Hey...it's okay if we only win 6 games....we're Iowa...we don't deserve to win more...blah blah...at least we won the Car Care Bowl two years ago....blah blah....we were better than Michigan for two years...blah blah." You all sound ridiculous. To compare how many BCS games we've been in to ISU is silly...tell me...how much does ISU pay their head coach...how good are the facilities at ISU compared to that of Iowa? Let's take some responsibility for our program...WE DESERVE BETTER!

Why is everyone jumping over the poster for the original post? You geniuses think that losses to PSU where we don't score a TD, or losses to ISU by tucking our sacks back is going to attract quality talent? The fact of the matter is that when you have chances to win (especially at a place like Iowa) you pin your ears back and get the damn job done. Otherwise you start losing good prospects and you are constantly in a 'rebuilding' period. I can't believe how many people are so happy with being mediocre. "Hey...it's okay if we only win 6 games....we're Iowa...we don't deserve to win more...blah blah...at least we won the Car Care Bowl two years ago....blah blah....we were better than Michigan for two years...blah blah." You all sound ridiculous. To compare how many BCS games we've been in to ISU is silly...tell me...how much does ISU pay their head coach...how good are the facilities at ISU compared to that of Iowa? Let's take some responsibility for our program...WE DESERVE BETTER!

yes

Dude we have more players in the NFL then Alabama, can't wait to see post #3 out of you

The fact is Illinois, minnesota, Michigan state, Indiana are all bigger states then us and we do a way better job then them recruiting and developing players. iowa should be more like Iowa state, but we're not I'm happy about that not thinking we should be Ohio state

Last edited:
I'm glad we have a lot of players in the NFL...tell me...how many National Championships does Alabama have? How many does Iowa have? Seems to me that Iowa coaches do much less with more talent than other coaches who have less 'NFL talent.' Hmmm...any more brain busters genius?

And with all those NFL players, what do we have to show for it?

2 bcs appearances, one win, 3 straight bowl wins, ton of bowl appearances. One 8-0 big ten season, multiple shared big ten championships. What's your point??? no national championship???

I'm glad we have a lot of players in the NFL...tell me...how many National Championships does Alabama have? How many does Iowa have? Seems to me that Iowa coaches do much less with more talent than other coaches who have less 'NFL talent.' Hmmm...any more brain busters genius?

We are Iowa they are alabama we get out-recruited by them is my point, and we still develop players that go to the nfl more then them. Take a look at alabama recruits F^cking genius and look at our recruits and thank god we got coaching staffs that make them nfl players f&cking genius.

I've done a ton of arguing with morons with like single digit posts tonight, that's on me, my fault.

Who ever thought Iowa was going to win a national title?

Well, 2002 was nearly 10 years ago, so I guess it's easy for everybody to have forgotten how close we once were.

But then, it's also 5 years since we last had a piece of a Big Ten title, too, and it doesn't look like we're going to be anywhere near close to getting anything one any time soon.

You don't pay a coach +$3 mil to not compete for the conference, much less a national championship.

I've done a ton of arguing with morons with like single digit posts tonight, that's on me, my fault.

Don't kick yourself...it's not your fault that you're not that smart. The fact is, you like a lot of other posters here think it's okay to be mediocre because....we're Iowa. I'm wondering...do you often times go into your boss's office and beg him to not give you a promotion because...well....you're you and you don't think you're as competent and as worthy as other employees?

"oh no...that's okay boss...I don't want the promotion...i'm just mediocre...I don't deserve anything better than the job I have...." Just silly. Your whole argument is silly.

2 bcs appearances, one win, 3 straight bowl wins, ton of bowl appearances. One 8-0 big ten season, multiple shared big ten championships. What's your point??? no national championship???

1. We have 1 good bowl win the others were really so so bowls
2. The last of those "multiple"(2) big ten championships occurred 7 years ago, when most of the players on the team now were still in Middle School.

Dude we have more players in the NFL then Alabama, can't wait to see post #3 out of you

The fact is Illinois, minnesota, Michigan state, Indiana are all bigger states then us and we do a way better job then them recruiting and developing players. iowa should be more like Iowa state, but we're not I'm happy about that not thinking we should be Ohio state
The difference is Alabama recruits have NFL talent as soon as they step on campus and can be impact players as true freshman, whereas Iowa has to DEVELOP the talent so they may be NFL talent by their senior year. See the difference?

First of all, you basically invalidate yourself on the VandenbErg point by misspelling his name. Is it that hard, as a fan, to spell it right?
Second, he's really not that bad either. He's going to be good, but he is still learning and growing as a player. We all watched Stanzi struggle in '09. Yes he still won games, but he didn't better than Vandenberg has this year.
Dude, people around here can't even spell Nielsen correctly.

What he said .. plus add the fact that we get on a roll in the shotgun hurry up offense but KF/OK change and put JV under center that kills the drive.

What a bunch of idiots? Seriously...you guys are looking at Vandenburg for this loss.A let me see: McNutt: Drop on a drive that, even though on second down, essentially killed a driveDavis: Drop. Drop that would have given us a first down.Derby: Drop that would have given us a first downKMM: Dropped a touchdown, although it would have been called back.A few other things that the coaches may take to heart:Two weeks to prepare for that offensive game plan? As best I can tell that game plan was designed to keep this game close. There was no commitment to anything. Either plan on throwing to establish consistency, or line up and live and die running the ball.Canzeri - A freaking no show. Nice...KF wants to keep it close so he doesn't let the Freshman play. He was the first guy that has shown speed at the TB position. Play him.Double moves: they are playing two deep zones and we do no deep crossing patterns, or no double moves to get them to bite.What is Brad Rogers doing as the blocking back on a critical drive?I think this one is on the coaches...there is nothing wrong with Vandenburg...his receivers were terrible today.

Iowa will NOT win a National Title under Ferentz. Hawkfanintx can keep that sig as long as he wants, but it will NOT happen. And Vandenburg is NOT that good. 0-3 on the road. Please save the "oh he played well in OSU for a freshman"
This thread should not be. Iowa will never win a NC under ANYBODY. They'll be lucky to even see a Rose Bowl before I die, and I'm not too old.

Latest posts