I've said it time and time again.

NC - When will Ferentz ever lead Iowa a Rose Bowl Or a Non-shared BigTen Title? Sadly.....I think we are content with an 8-4 birthright and a spot every other year at a bowl in Florida or Texas.

Wow what a total dip$hit post, if your standard for KF being a good coach is winning a national championship at Iowa that's on you moron.

My standard is competing for Big 10 titles. I'm saying that we will never win a national title because 60% of the fan base at the start of the year will always talk about how we're going to run the table.

So you would rather have losing seasons, and have your coach fired than have stability and know that you will be playing for a bowl game at the end of the year? Also, you may be a total *******.

You act as if making a crappy bowl game is an accomplishment, everyone goes bowling these days, bowls mean nothing. I expect solid game plans and exposing another teams weaknesses with creativity and solid fundamental football. All we have is the fundamental football, which is why it is time to wake up and realize this isn't 2002 anymore. We need are near the top of the pay scale for coaches which should equate with being near the top in results. Coaches recruit, if you have a dynamic recruiter you can get kids anywhere, even say Boise ID

What a bunch of idiots? Seriously...you guys are looking at Vandenburg for this loss.

A let me see:
McNutt: Drop on a drive that, even though on second down, essentially killed a drive
Davis: Drop. Drop that would have given us a first down.
Derby: Drop that would have given us a first down
KMM: Dropped a touchdown, although it would have been called back.

A few other things that the coaches may take to heart:

Two weeks to prepare for that offensive game plan? As best I can tell that game plan was designed to keep this game close. There was no commitment to anything. Either plan on throwing to establish consistency, or line up and live and die running the ball.

Canzeri - A freaking no show. Nice...KF wants to keep it close so he doesn't let the Freshman play. He was the first guy that has shown speed at the TB position. Play him.

Double moves: they are playing two deep zones and we do no deep crossing patterns, or no double moves to get them to bite.

What is Brad Rogers doing as the blocking back on a critical drive?

I think this one is on the coaches...there is nothing wrong with Vandenburg...his receivers were terrible today.

I think the point is that some fans like him and myself would like the thought of maybe one day playing for a national title. Kirk Ferentz will NEVER accomplish that, so it's time to move on. I would rather be 4-7 and have a coach like Rhodes, who is passionate about his program and desires to win, than be 6-5 and have ferentz.

I dont see why this is so hard for some people to understand, but its cyclical.

ferentz plays to stay in the game
games are lost
fans lose interest
school loses money
hawkeye football loses top recruits to teams that want to win
hawks have losing season
rinse repeat.

Tell me, if youre 17 getting ready to go play NCAA football at a school of your choice, because youre a stud.. do you pick say... Texas, who has a history of winning and going for wins, or do you pick Iowa, who tries its hardest not to hurt feelings? Think if youre a 6'5 reciever with 4.2 speed... You WANT to be in Iowa City because your girlfriend, laqueesha, is a student at kirkwood from chicago.. But, you know you will NEVER be seen by the NFL because ol Kirk wants to run the ball, even down 2 possessions with 8 minutes left.

Its really not the rocket science some of you make it out to be.

wtf? This was hilarious I have to say...only the exasperation of an Iowa loss could bring this kind of gold out.

NC - When will Ferentz ever lead Iowa a Rose Bowl Or a Non-shared BigTen Title? Sadly.....I think we are content with an 8-4 birthright and a spot every other year at a bowl in Florida or Texas.

Agree, the more teams the B1G adds and the lower we get pushed down. Fans were happy to have Nebrasksa but IMO it just put us one spot lower in the standings most years.

My standard is competing for Big 10 titles. I'm saying that we will never win a national title because 60% of the fan base at the start of the year will always talk about how we're going to run the table.

Since when does the fan's expectations affect the play on the field? Is there some sort of inverse formula we should know about? If we expect ten wins, does that equal 6 on the field?

LOL, will put that in your post don't title the thread as you did and assume everyone who reads it is gonna have a clue what you've argued in the past

Ohh than by all means you should be a dbag. We have had a lot of good QBs. That is not the problem. Drink some more kirkkoolaid

I ask again - who are these highly rated QB's we've brought in? Ricky Stanzi overperformed on his 2* rating. Who else?

Drew Tate.. Ok, he was a 3* recruit about 8 years ago. Who recently?

You act as if making a crappy bowl game is an accomplishment, everyone goes bowling these days, bowls mean nothing. I expect solid game plans and exposing another teams weaknesses with creativity and solid fundamental football. All we have is the fundamental football, which is why it is time to wake up and realize this isn't 2002 anymore. We need are near the top of the pay scale for coaches which should equate with being near the top in results. Coaches recruit, if you have a dynamic recruiter you can get kids anywhere, even say Boise ID

Everyone? Typically less than half the teams in a conference go bowling let alone win a bowl game. Ask Michigan how bowls and bowl wins they have over the last 3 years in comparison to Iowa. Ask Michigan how many BCS bowl wins they've had in the last 10 years in comparison to Iowa.

Grass is not always greener. I'll take consistency. It's crucial at a place like Iowa.

I ask again - who are these highly rated QB's we've brought in? Ricky Stanzi overperformed on his 2* rating. Who else?

Drew Tate.. Ok, he was a 3* recruit about 8 years ago. Who recently?

Jake Rudock was a highly rated 3* recruit who won the state title in Florida at a 6A school I believe.

I'm also certain the Miami made a run at Rudock. I'd say Rudock is a highly rated recruit.

OP is correct... KF will always have an average-good team. KF program has more downside potential every year than it does have upside potential. In other words the margin for error is not good to prevent .500 seasons

OP is correct... KF will always have an average-good team. KF program has more downside potential every year than it does have upside potential. In other words the margin for error is not good to prevent .500 seasons

Let's fire him like we did Tom Davis

Latest posts