IU's Cody Zeller = weak sauce tonight

Should have had Sheehey catching the ball at the high post. He can knock down that shot and put it on the floor. It would also leave Zeller on the block where hes comfortable. Crean was so out coached by Boeheim it wasnt even funny.

Fran would have had a good game plan for that zone. You plant your center on the free throw line (high post) and have him kick out to whichever wing is open, if they do not come out then shoot, if only the opposing center comes out then take him to the hoop. Every time Zeller got the ball the defense collapsed down on him, which means someone was open. You have to attack the center of the lane against that defense and the center needs to be a good passer. You also need to be a good perimeter shooting team to beat that defense.

Indiana had the perimeter shooting and should have easily beaten Syracuse, but they had a horrible game plan. Pin that loss on Crean.

IU got creaned. Crean's squad looked surprised at a defense that Cuse has run for 37 years....wow.

Crean is a good recruiter/used car salesman,but only average as a coach. Fran coaches circles around him.

This was the perfect storm of bad for IU...Crean as their coach,and a roster that did not match up...tiny guards(outscored 38-0 last nite,ouch), and Zeller as their only true big man. Watford abhors the paint,and loves arc. So it was Zeller vs 3 big men all nite...no chance.

Three weeks ago in the Big East tourny finale, Pitino and Louiville absolutely exposed and shredded the Cuse zone. He had multiple big men on the floor, and hit the middle guy,who dumped down to another big man..simple. Crean has played vs Cuse for years at Marquette...still no clue..lol.

Zeller will still go in the top 5 in the draft,and has to go...his stock can only drop,as this is a weak draft,especially for big men,and next year is better. So will Dipo.

IU will be young,and talented next year,but Crean will still be their coach....I like our chances.

IU got creaned. Crean's squad looked surprised at a defense that Cuse has run for 37 years....wow.

This was the perfect storm of bad for IU...Crean as their coach,and a roster that did not match up...tiny guards(outscored 38-0 last nite,ouch), and Zeller as their only true big man. Watford abhors the paint,and loves arc. So it was Zeller vs 3 big men all nite...no chance.

Three weeks ago in the Big East tourny finale, Pitino and Louiville absolutely exposed and shredded the Cuse zone. He had multiple big men on the floor, and hit the middle guy,who dumped down to another big man..simple. Crean has played vs Cuse for years at Marquette...still no clue..lol.

Zeller will still go in the top 5 in the draft,and has to go...his stock can only drop,as this is a weak draft,especially for big men,and next year is better. So will Dipo.

IU will be young,and talented next year,but Crean will still be their coach....I like our chances.

Exactly!

Indiana needed two big men out there. Zeller in the middle (he can hit that shot he just doesn't shoot it alot because he doesn't have to), but he is a pretty good jump shooter out to 16 feet. Then you place your second bid down on the block area. Let the zone try to collapse on Zeller who is a good and willing passer and he can drop it down to the big guy on the block for a dunk or foul. Indiana just doesn't have two bigs on the roster who they play at once. Watford is a perimeter player really. He used to play down low but with Zeller around he prefers to float around the perimter more often.

JHHawk, good post....Fran would have tore this zone up. Doesn't mean Iowa would have made the shots but I am sure they would have had wide open looks.

Tough zone apparently. IUhad no answer for it. Definetly out coached last night as I think IU is still the better team over all. Cuse will be tough to beat unless you have a game plan for their D. Zeller exposed a bit. Will have a tough time in nba.

On the plus side, at least Jordan Hulls was 0-5 from behind the arc. I'm sick of hearing about how great of a shooter he is. He can't hit the broad side of a barn unless he's wide open.

Tough zone apparently. IUhad no answer for it. Definetly out coached last night as I think IU is still the better team over all. Cuse will be tough to beat unless you have a game plan for their D. Zeller exposed a bit. Will have a tough time in nba.

Marquette (ironically, Crean's old team) has already beat Syracuse this year.

Syracuse Orange vs. Marquette Golden Eagles - Recap - February 25, 2013 - ESPN

"Against their zone he understands where their gap is," Williams said of Gardner. "He just understands space and obviously he did a really good job."

I was so happy somebody FINALLY stepped in front of Zeller when he drove to the basket and drew a charge. He lowers this shoulder everytime he does it.

I was so happy somebody FINALLY stepped in front of Zeller when he drove to the basket and drew a charge. He lowers this shoulder everytime he does it.

They do in the Big Ten to, just that the officials call it a blocking foul.

Wow, if Zeller decides to return to the Hoosiers next season, Tommy is going to have to do a crapload of "creaning" to get the squad down to the NCAA limitations.

Indiana is trying to ruin my bracket. Dang it.

Anyway, this is why you don't cut the nets down when you lose at home but still clinch the Big Ten. You want to cut a net down, wait until later.

My brackets went down in flames......

I failed......

Wonder how Seth is doing......

:)

It's not Cody's flopping fault that the refs didn't flopping call any fouls when they flopping should have.

The flop is the prettiest play in basketball when done correctly.....

It has always been my favorite play in college basketball. My fave is PlasticFace Travis Tritt's famous flop on Zach to win the MSU game for them......

:cool:

Latest posts