ISU Super Bowl

Hey CyChamp....hate to break it to you, but ISU would not fair much better in the Bigten. Your season is the Iowa game. Was Iowa and Nebraska......

Northwestern, Illinois, Michigan St, Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin for sure would lay the wood to you. If you played Iowa again, Iowa wins. PSU and OSU still get you (with their offensive problems).

You might compete with Minny, Indiana, and Purdue........

Last edited:
l
I guess I don't understand how ISU looks soooo damn good...and doesn't do things like fumble 9 times and miss every fg in the Iowa game....and then go down the rest of their games and pretty much **** themselves......it doesn't make any sense and I don't understand it. Sure you know our schemes....but the mistakes ISU makes after the Iowa game is like a totally different team....mental discipline mistakes. It frustrates the hell out of me, I wish ISU would beat us one year and actually do something with their season.

Well that didn't happen the last couple of years... We got owned by you guys.

Frankly I don't care who we beat this year. Getting to any bowl this year with this schedule would be huge. Still will be tough though.

So when ISU loses to Iowa and then makes it to a bowl (2009, 2004), does that mean they just didn't care about the Iowa game?

This is exactly why Iowa fans don't want this game. We've seen it over and over and over again. If you don't want us calling it your Super Bowl then do something with your season besides beat us.

I don't buy the Iowa is ISU's superbowl thing either but it is curious that there have been lots of times that ISU has played great against Iowa and then collapsed. I don't believe that if Iowa played Texas it would be a blowout (mainly because Iowa doesn't get blown out.)

Thought you were a standup guy. Was I wrong? Or have you just had too many pale ales?

I don't like clowns, and I particularly don't like clowns who troll the Hawkeye board(-s) with a bunch of smug BS.
39-20 all time. Iowa +19 in the win column.
Get some perspective, clown. Your "program" is dogsh!t and history proves it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like clowns, and I particularly don't like clowns who troll the Hawkeye board(-s) with a bunch of smug BS.
37-11 all time. Iowa +26 in the win column.

They have a big-*** scoreboard, though.

All two of those times.

They've also beaten us and gone to bowl games (2000, 2001, 2002, 2005).

Mac always seemed to put more emphasis on the game than he did on conference games, which is how the whole "Super Bowl" crap got started. Rhoads doesn't do that, though, which is why that argument is particularly stupid now.

37-11 all time. Iowa +26 in the win column.

Guess I misjudged you. You are as bitter as a pale ale but not in that tasteful sort of way.

Smug? Really? I am about as humble and real as a Clone fan as you will find.

Later dude, way to burn bridges.

I'm not taking pleasure watching ISU get pounded.

I'd like to see them build a program that goes to bowls somewhat regularly. It would be better for the rivalry and for the state in general.

Mac always seemed to put more emphasis on the game than he did on conference games, which is how the whole "Super Bowl" crap got started. Rhoads doesn't do that, though, which is why that argument is particularly stupid now.

How do you know either of those are the case, aside from message board fodder?

I'm not taking pleasure watching ISU get pounded.

I'd like to see them build a program that goes to bowls somewhat regularly. It would be better for the rivalry and for the state in general.

I hope Texas scores 40 more in the second half.

Yeah, not buying the super bowl thing this year. Game just didn't go down that way. But...it does seem weird that IA St. implodes after beating Iowa quite regularly.

Guess I misjudged you. You are as bitter as a pale ale but not in that tasteful sort of way.

Smug? Really? I am about as humble and real as a Clone fan as you will find.

Later dude, way to burn bridges.

Why are you on a hawkeye board? ISU and Iowa played already, what possible reason do you have to be here? I know for a fact ISU has their own message board websites.

Latest posts