ISU Super Bowl

Iowa State made a ton of mental mistakes against Texas. These mental mistakes did not happen against Iowa as they were all "mentally" prepared to play Iowa. This is where the Iowa game is the Super Bowl comes in.

So tired of hearing how ISU killed the hawkeyes. Come on now, if ISU was having their "best game" yet Iowa was having their worst, why didnt that reflect in the score and take ISU triple OT to beat us??? If hawkeye fans knew and admitted that our defensive looked terrible and offense struggled, then ISU should've blew us out of the water, right?!? Dont get so cocky ISU..cause you just got STOMPED!! ;)

Iowa State made a ton of mental mistakes against Texas. These mental mistakes did not happen against Iowa as they were all "mentally" prepared to play Iowa. This is where the Iowa game is the Super Bowl comes in.

Wrong.

Iowa State Screw Ups By Game

Penalties
vs UNI - 8 for 81 yards
vs Iowa - 11 for 84 yards
vs COnn - 11 for 91 yards
vs Texas - 8 for 90 yards

Turnovers
vs UNI - 4, 1 fumble, 3 nits (uni 0 pts off turnovers)
vs Iowa - 3 lost fumbles, one on Iowa's 5 yd line, 1 on Iowa's 12 yd line (Iowa 13 pts off turnovers)
vs COnn - 3 ints (conn 3 pts off turnovers)
vs Texas - 3 turnovers (Texas 13 pts off turnovers)

Missed Fields Goals
vs UNI - 0
vs Iowa - 2
vs COnn - 1
vs Texas - 1

Iowa State sucks every game. They screwed up just as much against Iowa, if not more, as every other team they have played. They just beat us. Period.

I guess I don't understand how ISU looks soooo damn good...and doesn't do things like fumble 9 times and miss every fg in the Iowa game....and then go down the rest of their games and pretty much **** themselves......it doesn't make any sense and I don't understand it. Sure you know our schemes....but the mistakes ISU makes after the Iowa game is like a totally different team....mental discipline mistakes. It frustrates the hell out of me, I wish ISU would beat us one year and actually do something with their season.

ISU fumbled 3 times and was 1/3 on kicks during the Iowa game. I think there are several Iowa fans that have selective amnesia of this fact in this thread.

this thread seriously makes me sad.

iowa fans make a thread to make fun of ISU, then get upset when iowa state fans bring up how they beat iowa. don't dish stuff out if you can't take the heat back at you. the game was a long time ago. get over it guys. iowa state was the better team that day and you need to learn to accept that. i agree, some cyclone fans get a bit over-the-top with their opinions but what fan base doesn't? you guys are getting so upset at ISU fans for being here, yet starting this thread is BEGGING for them to come.

ISU fans, you guys won, congrats. sorry to see the texas score. was actually pulling for you guys. but coming to HN to argue is NOT going to get you anywhere. better off to just ignore it and go back home.

i enjoy some ribbing with ISU fans, but some of you people take it to the next level and get so upset over it, its actually laughable

Wrong.

Iowa State Screw Ups By Game

Penalties
vs UNI - 8 for 81 yards
vs Iowa - 11 for 84 yards
vs COnn - 11 for 91 yards
vs Texas - 8 for 90 yards

Turnovers
vs UNI - 4, 1 fumble, 3 nits (uni 0 pts off turnovers)
vs Iowa - 3 lost fumbles, one on Iowa's 5 yd line, 1 on Iowa's 12 yd line (Iowa 13 pts off turnovers)
vs COnn - 3 ints (conn 3 pts off turnovers)
vs Texas - 3 turnovers (Texas 13 pts off turnovers)

Missed Fields Goals
vs UNI - 0
vs Iowa - 2
vs COnn - 1
vs Texas - 1

Nice work on comparisons.
Iowa only got 10 points of turnovers though.
ISU fumbled inside the 5, but Coker fumbled it right back a few plays later ion one exchange, and then ISU got 7 out of that. Iowa only won the points off of T.O.s by 3 in that game. I think that was one of the biggest factor in the game. Iowa got the turnover at the ISU 22, and only got 3. Blame the loss on that.

Regardless, ISU's offense has been consistently turnover prone this year in ALL games. The defense has played well for the most part in ALL games in terms of not giving up easy points. ISU has done little different against any other opponent this year.

The biggest difference was that the WR's showed up for the Iowa AND UConn game and made big plays in both. I also feel its pretty apparent that UNI, UCONN and Texas all have better defenses than Iowa. Seriously.

Cyclones defense is better than Iowa's this year and doing a good job of overcoming the turnovers to keep them in the game. ISU has looked like a smoke and mirror team, but their defense has been really good this year when they really had to turn it on to keep in a game.

Last edited:
I have been genuinely impressed with Iowa States defense this year. The offense is setting them up for failure right now with the turnovers so I dont think their stats fairly reflect their ability and talent. I don't think they are world beaters but I think they give isu a legitmate shot at finishing in the top half of their conference if the offense minimizes mistakes.

Latest posts