ISU S-T-R-U-G-G-L-I-N-G WITH UNI.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't know how anyone can read the threads posted after the Notre Dame game and whine about Iowa fan's arrogance. If anything, a lot of our fan base is stupidly negative.

I'm not sure that ******** because Iowa wasn't impressive enough in a win does anything to contradict that some Iowa fans are pretty arrogant.

And there has been no national attention paid to the in-state basketball games for a while. Thanks for making my point.

And I've yet to see anything even remotely resembling hype surrounding this year's game, other than what's circulating on both team's message boards. So apparently, no one outside of Iowa gives a **** about the Iowa-ISU game, even when both teams are good.

If you've listened to Dick Vitale during games the past couple of games. He's been commenting on how good Fred Hoiberg's squad is

I'm not sure that ******** because Iowa wasn't impressive enough in a win does anything to contradict that some Iowa fans are pretty arrogant.

Iowa football fan is way more arrogant that ISU football fan, no doubt. Clone BB fan is 10000000X more arrogant than Iowa BB fan.

Iowa football fan is way more arrogant that ISU football fan, no doubt. Clone BB fan is 10000000X more arrogant than Iowa BB fan.

If you want to speak in generalities, sure. But the OP's comment was still dripping with it.

I assume this is the article you're referencing.

Keep an eye on these six surprise starts in college basketball - ESPN

Iowa State was the focus of that little blurb, not Iowa. Again, assuming that only Iowa can command attention in this state is pretty ******* arrogant. Especially considering that we've been the third-best program over the last 8 years.

Pretty sure that was Lyddea's point. Basically that it's nice to come into an Iowa/ISU game with so much to gain and so little to lose. When was the last time that has happened in football or basketball?

Pretty sure that was Lyddea's point. Basically that it's nice to come into an Iowa/ISU game with so much to gain and so little to lose. When was the last time that has happened in football or basketball?

That suggests that we've really had much to lose in previous matchups with ISU. That's hardly been the case for a very long time. The last time we were good, so were they. When we sucked, so did they. This is the first time in quite awhile that there was so much to gain from winning this game, but let's not pretend that we've had any instances at all in the last decade where we stood to lose much of anything.

That suggests that we've really had much to lose in previous matchups with ISU. That's hardly been the case for a very long time. The last time we were good, so were they. When we sucked, so did they. This is the first time in quite awhile that there was so much to gain from winning this game, but let's not pretend that we've had any instances at all in the last decade where we stood to lose much of anything.

I don't disagree that it's been a long time since we were good. When was the last time we were ranked going into this game, 2006? When was the last time we played a ranked ISU team? I bet it was before that. Needless to say, it's been a long time coming since the Hawks have had an opportunity to get a signature win from the Clones in bball. We won't even get into football...

I don't disagree that it's been a long time since we were good. When was the last time we were ranked going into this game, 2006? When was the last time we played a ranked ISU team? I bet it was before that. Needless to say, it's been a long time coming since the Hawks have had an opportunity to get a signature win from the Clones in bball. We won't even get into football...

The last time Iowa and ISU were both ranked for this game was 05-06 (I believe ISU was ranked in the coaches poll at the time, but not the AP). So like I said, the last time we were good, so were they.

The last time Iowa and ISU were both ranked for this game was 05-06 (I believe ISU was ranked in the coaches poll at the time, but not the AP). So like I said, the last time we were good, so were they.

Iowa State finished 16-14 that year. They weren't good.

This is not that big of a game. It's 1 of 32 regular season games. ISU nor Iowa will lose or gain anything significant with a win or loss. I guess if both teams are bubble teams you could look back at the game but it would be one of many if either team make or miss the tournament. It's like iowa fans forgot how to follow college bball. The top 25 is pretty meaningless unless you are the top 12 teams playing for a 1-3 seed I guess. Its not college football no need to freak out over every game and rankings.

This is not that big of a game. It's 1 of 32 regular season games. ISU nor Iowa will lose or gain anything significant with a win or loss. I guess if both teams are bubble teams you could look back at the game but it would be one of many if either team make or miss the tournament. It's like iowa fans forgot how to follow college bball. The top 25 is pretty meaningless unless you are the top 12 teams playing for a 1-3 seed I guess. Its not college football no need to freak out over every game and rankings.

Actually, there's a lot we could gain from this. This would be one of the top five non-conf wins in the country at this point in the year. A true road win over a team that's in the top 20 in almost every ratings metric. This would especially carry a lot of weight in the RPI as road wins are worth 1.4 wins in their calculation. With how weak the B12 is, it's very likely ISU ends the season in the top 25. I think this game is the difference between having a decent non-conf run this year or having an excellent non-conf showing.

Also, I think the polls (not necessarily just the AP and coaches but the RPI and Sagarin, KenPom, etc) in college basketball are more important than football. These are all used by the selection committee to determine where your seeded in a tournament where 68 teams have a chance to win a title, your seed is very important to your tournament success. In football, where your ranked only matters to three or four teams at most each year, if you aren't in the title game, your just playing an exhibition game at the end of the year.

Stop ruining TM's point with your "facts".

Regardless, it's hardly factual to claim that Iowa is the one that consistently has something to lose in this game. The programs have been on roughly the same level for quite some time now.

Yeah, those "quality wins" they count at the end of the year don't mean anything.

Again, I don't know what Lyddea's point was but MY point is that it's been a long time since ISU was ranked going into this game. They were not ranked in 05-06. They were #23 in the preseason rankings but they lost to Iona and Fresno State before they played Iowa. This Friday's game has a lot more significance for the Hawks than any in recent history.

Oh, well then I guess I won't even watch it. You think they'll keep score?

Latest posts