ISU S-T-R-U-G-G-L-I-N-G WITH UNI.

The last time Iowa and ISU were both ranked for this game was 05-06 (I believe ISU was ranked in the coaches poll at the time, but not the AP). So like I said, the last time we were good, so were they.

I wish you would quit saying we suggesting you are an Iowa fan. You are clearly on the ISU band wagon...at least as it relates to your obsession with ISU in this thread.

ISU claims they were the better team last year, yet Iowa beat them solidly. Yet, ISU went to the Dance and Iowa did the NIT. So honestly, this game doesn't have any large effect on either team. The conf. season does.

I wish you would quit saying we suggesting you are an Iowa fan. You are clearly on the ISU band wagon...at least as it relates to your obsession with ISU in this thread.

Refusing to believe that Iowa has been superior to ISU for the majority of this decade is hardly riding the ISU bandwagon.

Yeah, those "quality wins" they count at the end of the year don't mean anything.
I do not think iowa is a bubble team. I tjink they have a shot at an 8 or 9 seed. They will handle business in conference. Beating isu would be a "good" win but iowa will not need it when its said and done. It could be a "quality" loss as well so lets root for isu to be good wether iowa wins or loses.

Once again I could handle losing to isu every year if iowa makes the dance. Think isu fans cared that they lost to iowa. I hope not as they made the dance. Yep that iowa game was soooo important to isu last year, they list by 10 in iowa city and made the dance. The other non con wins and big 12 finish seemed way more important than 1 game on the schedule

I do not think iowa is a bubble team. I tjink they have a shot at an 8 or 9 seed. They will handle business in conference. Beating isu would be a "good" win but iowa will not need it when its said and done. It could be a "quality" loss as well so lets root for isu to be good wether iowa wins or loses.

Once again I could handle losing to isu every year if iowa makes the dance. Think isu fans cared that they lost to iowa. I hope not as they made the dance. Yep that iowa game was soooo important to isu last year, they list by 10 in iowa city and made the dance. The other non con wins and big 12 finish seemed way more important than 1 game on the schedule

That's really going out on a limb. This team is capable of a lot more than an 8 or 9 seed. But to get a better seed than that, they need as many quality wins as possible. Which makes this game a big deal.

This win would be a cherry on top of the non-con schedule for both teams. Basketball and the trouney are big into what have you done fore me latley kind of selections. The thing is though you don't want the selection com. bringing up your dirty laundry of a soft or underwhelming non-con schedule. A win here can give a solid gold star to the team that wins and I want that on my reportcard come grading time at the end of the year.

Confrence play is important and will always be number 1 but you need to zest up your non-con to seperate yourself from the pack and those non-con rankings trips games etc. will pay dividends in the recruiting battle.

Lots to play for Friday night

You must not have an optimistic outlook for the rest of the season. If the season ended today Iowa would be no worse than a 6 seed.

While I am not going to say this is not true I don't think banking on that much love from the selection com is a good way for the guys to go. Got dogged last year need to do more showing how good we than just telling people how good we are.

Hahahaa ... A bubble team from a major conference is usually a 9-12 seed. I think you meant to say 5-7 seed. Optimistically, you could hope for a 3-4 seed (i'm not banking on that or expecting it though). This game will be a huge resume builder come March if both teams continue to play well. Especially a road win for Iowa.

While I am not going to say this is not true I don't think banking on that much love from the selection com is a good way for the guys to go. Got dogged last year need to do more showing how good we than just telling people how good we are.

They already have a couple of quality wins on their resume with no bad loses. If the season ended TODAY, Iowa should not be any worse than a 6 seed. I realize there is a lot of work to be done, I was responding to a guy who said Iowa would not be a bubble team but then turned around and said they would be a 8/9 seed (which is bubble in my books).

I know some of you guys/girls are extremely passionate and sometimes may drink a little bit too much of the Hawkeye cool aid... But that's what being a fan is all about, all I can say is how awesome it is to watch not just my beloved hawks right the ship and play ball that is exciting, fun to watch and brings fans back to Carver but to see both major programs in the state elevate their games and make the state of Iowa relevant in the world of big time college hoops. I've been smiling all week just waiting for this game. Since I moved to Iowa in 94 I can't remember a time when this game has had so much on the line for both teams.... For lack of anything better... It's just friggin awesome. I am a die hard Black and Gold fan but I must admit, I don't hate or despise the clown nation... Well maybe Friday I will, but after that I'll root for them to pick themselves up, wipe Marble's foot print off their ***'s and run the Big 12. That way we can have a replay in the big dance.

I despised watching what Alford did to Mr. Davis's Program and not so much the play on the floor but the attitude and character of the institution. I don't wish him any ill will but 2400 miles away is a good place for him. The program now is headed by one of the classiest head men in the business with Coach Hoiberg not far behind. It makes me proud to be a fan in this state.

I do have to confess a sin... My youngest is a ballboy for ISU. Unfortunately due to my work I had to relocate to enemy territory in 2002. He is a Hawk fan but his God parents are affiliated with ISU so he tries to act impartial.... I can't tell you how revved up he is for Friday. If you're watching the game Friday night and you see a ballboy in an ISU shirt cheering the Hawks and giving them the nicer towels, rest assured we have a mole in the enemy camp. Lol.

I do have to confess a sin... My youngest is a ballboy for ISU. Unfortunately due to my work I had to relocate to enemy territory in 2002. He is a Hawk fan but his God parents are affiliated with ISU so he tries to act impartial.... I can't tell you how revved up he is for Friday. If you're watching the game Friday night and you see a ballboy in an ISU shirt cheering the Hawks and giving them the nicer towels, rest assured we have a mole in the enemy camp. Lol.

That is hilarious!

So I know ISU fans are now trying to convince themselves that UNI is actually good, but they just barely got by one of the worst teams in D-1 at home last night, beating Savannah St 55-50.

Uni sucks. But they won and thats the important thing. Teams have bad games, finding a way to finish is a good thing.

Uni sucks. But they won and thats the important thing. Teams have bad games, finding a way to finish is a good thing.

I don't put too much emphasis on any one game. As you said, teams have bad games. Didn't ISU's Elite 8 team from 2000 lose to Drake early that year? Case in point. Iowa's 1997 team lost to Marathon Oil and ended up finishing 2nd in the Big Ten and gave #1 Kentucky a heck of a game in the NCAA Tournament. Iowa had a struggle against Nebraska-Omaha this year but has looked solid since. It's 1999 team struggled against the Phillipine Nationals and made the Sweet 16 that year. I could go on and on.

Unless you are the 1991 UNLV team, you probably aren't going to find a team anywhere that didn't have a game or two at some point in the season that was a lot closer than it should have been, or lost a game they shouldn't, etc.

They already have a couple of quality wins on their resume with no bad loses. If the season ended TODAY, Iowa should not be any worse than a 6 seed. I realize there is a lot of work to be done, I was responding to a guy who said Iowa would not be a bubble team but then turned around and said they would be a 8/9 seed (which is bubble in my books).

Yeah, Iowa's RPI is currently 26. They are not a bubble team.

ISU claims they were the better team last year, yet Iowa beat them solidly. Yet, ISU went to the Dance and Iowa did the NIT. So honestly, this game doesn't have any large effect on either team. The conf. season does.

Exactly. Weird stuff happens in sports. ISU beat Iowa Football in 2002, yet Iowa went to the Orange Bowl and ISU in the Insight Bowl IIRC. I don't think anybody would argue that Iowa wasn't clearly the better team that year. ISU just was better on that one particular day.

I don't put too much emphasis on any one game. As you said, teams have bad games. Didn't ISU's Elite 8 team from 2000 lose to Drake early that year? Case in point. Iowa's 1997 team lost to Marathon Oil and ended up finishing 2nd in the Big Ten and gave #1 Kentucky a heck of a game in the NCAA Tournament. Iowa had a struggle against Nebraska-Omaha this year but has looked solid since. It's 1999 team struggled against the Phillipine Nationals and made the Sweet 16 that year. I could go on and on.

Unless you are the 1991 UNLV team, you probably aren't going to find a team anywhere that didn't have a game or two at some point in the season that was a lot closer than it should have been, or lost a game they shouldn't, etc.

Yes

Latest posts