isu player arrested

Don't remember him, but I'll take your word for it.

I didn't remember him either so I researched it. He was on the 2010-11 team...as a transfer from Morehead State. He was busted in May of 2011. When he was arrested Iowa State announced that he had been released from the team in March...shortly after the season. Nothing was ever said about him not being on the team until after his arrest so it seems a bit sketchy.

From what I've gathered he was letting people smoke at his house. Not a smart thing to do, but not like he was selling (or at least caught selling). The police were tipped from the noise complaint.

He'll probably get a suspension, but I honestly wouldn't be upset if he didn't (as bad as that sounds). I assume you guys wouldn't be that upset given Jok didn't get any suspension and no one around here seemed to have a problem with it.

Bottom line, college athletes do the dumbest things at times. Must have a sense of invincibility.

I didn't remember him either so I researched it. He was on the 2010-11 team...as a transfer from Morehead State. He was busted in May of 2011. When he was arrested Iowa State announced that he had been released from the team in March...shortly after the season. Nothing was ever said about him not being on the team until after his arrest so it seems a bit sketchy.

He lived with a couple of their other transfers as well. Having an in house dealer is a good way to keep a low profile.

This thread is failing

images

Hold on help is on the way.........

From what I've gathered he was letting people smoke at his house. Not a smart thing to do, but not like he was selling (or at least caught selling). The police were tipped from the noise complaint.

He'll probably get a suspension, but I honestly wouldn't be upset if he didn't (as bad as that sounds). I assume you guys wouldn't be that upset given Jok didn't get any suspension and no one around here seemed to have a problem with it.

Bottom line, college athletes do the dumbest things at times. Must have a sense of invincibility.

It's up to them to decide whether they suspend him...not my concern. I don't think any less of his character now than before his arrest. He's the exact person I thought he was.

LOL are you out there interviewing people that were there at the time of his arrest or is this just what the group think circle jerk brain trust at CF is going with now? If you can't see the difference between getting arrested in the summer and getting arrested the day before a game, I don't know what to tell you. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Fred doesn't suspend him though, he's already made it clear that honor doesn't come before victory for ISU basketball.

He was IMO the one big advantage ISU had in the game tomorrow. He'll be suspended, it's a bummer, I thought ISU would lose but keep it close, I think Iowa by 10 now.

Just the drug house charge IMO will likely blow over like it did for DJK but I highly doubt he'll play tomorrow.

Playing the honor before victory card when Jok never even was suspended 1 game is hilarious BTW.

Arrested. None of us get to make their playing time decisions so we'll have to wait and see...no way he's playing.

Not surprised it happened, but shocked it took so long. 'Ol Freddy really knows how to play the game (and I don't mean basketball)

According to CF, the worst crime he committed is that he was too nice of a host and didn't want to be "that guy" to tell people to stop smoking weed. And for that, he was targeted by cops who are obviously Hawk fans and out to get him.

Tough luck for BDJ.

According to CF, the worst crime he committed is that he was too nice of a host and didn't want to be "that guy" to tell people to stop smoking weed. And for that, he was targeted by cops who are obviously Hawk fans and out to get him.

Tough luck for BDJ.

That's just what they are all assuming. I'm not sure the charge is all that specific. It could mean a variety of things. I remember when DJK was charged with this they did say that drugs were dealt out of his house. However, he didn't receive a possession or distribution charge. They just charged him with the drug house. So on one hand, maybe he was just letting people smoke. On the other hand, it could have been more serious and the cops let him off with a simple drug house charge.

Latest posts