ISU football selling points

Bryce, you know I love ya and all, but come on man. Only a ISU fan, and a delusional one at that would compare anything about drinking in a big parking lot with Wrigleyville.
I was just in Wrigleyville this past weekend. I love Wrigleyville. I've been to more ISU games than I care to admit, and I can definitively say that ISU tailgating is no Wrigleyville. Only thing they have in common is beer and fans who are used to cheering for crappy teams, so I'm hoping that's all Bryce was getting at.

I was just in Wrigleyville this past weekend. I love Wrigleyville. I've been to more ISU games than I care to admit, and I can definitively say that ISU tailgating is no Wrigleyville. Only thing they have in common is beer and fans who are used to cheering for crappy teams, so I'm hoping that's all Bryce was getting at.

Nope, it was a well placed troll. Kudos to him, he got a few folks to take the bait.

I think most Iowa State fans are pretty realistic that this season will likely be rough and not a bowl year.

In my experience at Iowa State people really love the tailgating and don't take the games all that seriously. There is a little wrigleyville feel if you ask me. That may not be a legit reason to many around here but Iowa State hasn't had the success to justify the numbers other than it's just a fun environment.

Translated: Because ISU has and continues to suck it's a cheap environment to enjoy college football in. And no, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. Just calling it like I see it. Season tickets at ISU are very cheap compared to a lot of places. Because of the price of tickets and the crappy product that is usually on the field that's about the only way it can be explained.

Funny part is, ISU fans choose to mock Iowa over the fact their games aren't sold out yet even though the Kinnick seating capacity is much larger and the season ticket price is significantly more. Throw in the fact that ISU requires students to buy season football tickets in order to get season basketball tickets and it's purely hypocritical.

Translated: Because ISU has and continues to suck it's a cheap environment to enjoy college football in. And no, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. Just calling it like I see it. Season tickets at ISU are very cheap compared to a lot of places. Because of the price of tickets and the crappy product that is usually on the field that's about the only way it can be explained.

Funny part is, ISU fans choose to mock Iowa over the fact their games aren't sold out yet even though the Kinnick seating capacity is much larger and the season ticket price is significantly more. Throw in the fact that ISU requires students to buy season football tickets in order to get season basketball tickets and it's purely hypocritical.

You can't try to associate rational thought and Clownfantsies website. I mean they mock Baylors new stadium, and think a 61,000 seat dump is soooo much better than the current 54,000 seat dump they have now. I mean even the players get in on the act, with LB's tweeting at Scherff. I mean the guy will never sniff the NFL, but he is making fun of a first rounder.

I don't think Iowa State would have trouble selling the student season tickets anyway. With few exceptions it's pretty full.

And yes, a drinking/party atmosphere was the only comparison is meant to make with wrigleyville.

You can't try to associate rational thought and Clownfantsies website. I mean they mock Baylors new stadium, and think a 61,000 seat dump is soooo much better than the current 54,000 seat dump they have now. I mean even the players get in on the act, with LB's tweeting at Scherff. I mean the guy will never sniff the NFL, but he is making fun of a first rounder.

I can't wait to see Morrissey matched up against Scherff in a little over a month. You know damn well Scherff saw those comments. He's got to be licking his chops waiting for that game. Morrissey isn't even close to the best player Scherff has matched up against. He will own him. He will plant him into Kinnick's field. I have zero doubts about that.

Totally lost all respect for Morrissey after those comments. If you can't be someone then do what you can to bash them... I guess that's his credence.

I can't wait to see Morrissey matched up against Scherff in a little over a month. You know damn well Scherff saw those comments. He's got to be licking his chops waiting for that game. Morrissey isn't even close to the best player Scherff has matched up against. He will own him. He will plant him into Kinnick's field. I have zero doubts about that.

Totally lost all respect for Morrissey after those comments. If you can't be someone then do what you can to bash them... I guess that's his credence.

Don't Hawk fans do that every time they lose to ISU in football?

No. Hawk fans usually rip their own team and coach for losing to a program as pathetic as yours. As for wanting to "be someone". This is another example of why you're so often referred to as delusional.

No Hawk ever wants to be a clone, no matter what the scoreboard says.

Lol say what? When Iowa loses to ISU all Iowa fans are embarrassed, but why in the hell would Iowa fans want to "be" ISU even if they lost to them? ISU usually ends up having a pitiful season even if they do beat Iowa.

In my example, clearly Morrissey would LOVE to be in Scherff's position. He probably isn't even going to get drafted and Brandon is looking like a top 5 pick. For Morrissey to go out of his way to try to degrade him is absolutely pathetic.

Bryce, you know I love ya and all, but come on man. Only a ISU fan, and a delusional one at that would compare anything about drinking in a big parking lot with Wrigleyville.

I don't think that was his point. I think his (and correct me if I'm wrong, Bryce) is that like Cubs fans, ISU fans are there more the party and to hang with friends and booze it up than they are the game. They're there for the experience.

I would hope not, actually.

I don't think that was his point. I think his (and correct me if I'm wrong, Bryce) is that like Cubs fans, ISU fans are there more the party and to hang with friends and booze it up than they are the game. They're there for the experience.

Disagree. The best part of being a Cub fan is Wrigley and the games. Sure you have fun, win, lose or draw. Yet any Cub fan worth his salt will tell you the experience inside Wrigley is what makes is special. Outside of Wrigley enhances it even more, but being in Wrigley is what it is all about. The history, the sights, smells, and feel of the stadium. Jack Trice has exactly ZERO of that, and as a Cubs fan it is offensive that they would even try to compare the two.

Disagree. The best part of being a Cub fan is Wrigley and the games. Sure you have fun, win, lose or draw. Yet any Cub fan worth his salt will tell you the experience inside Wrigley is what makes is special. Outside of Wrigley enhances it even more, but being in Wrigley is what it is all about. The history, the sights, smells, and feel of the stadium. Jack Trice has exactly ZERO of that, and as a Cubs fan it is offensive that they would even try to compare the two.

Ok, that's fine and I would agree with that. In Ames, the party is outside in the tailgate lots and people really don't care about the game. In Chicago, the party is inside and (especially in the bleachers) people don't really care about the game. I'm not in any way comparing Jack 3x to Wrigley Field. Wrigley Field is an attraction/destination by itself. What I'm comparing (and what I think Bryce is getting at) is why people are there. It's a party/social event. People go to Wrigley Field just to say they've been there and to have a good time. People go to Ames to have a good time. In both instances, the game is secondary.

What is Pollard selling? Coming off a 3-9 season which included the most lopsided defeat in school history agisnt Baylor, almost everyone coming back from that embarassing yr, expecting maybe at most 4 wins, I just dont get it. Hes selling a turd but making it looks shiny and new, but in the end its still a turd.

Pollard was on the murph and andy show yesterday and he mentioned that many fans dont want to miss the "next big moment", or "a first at ISU". They wanna see another Ok.St. moment

Who gives a crap what they do. Troll

Ok, that's fine and I would agree with that. In Ames, the party is outside in the tailgate lots and people really don't care about the game. In Chicago, the party is inside and (especially in the bleachers) people don't really care about the game. I'm not in any way comparing Jack 3x to Wrigley Field. Wrigley Field is an attraction/destination by itself. What I'm comparing (and what I think Bryce is getting at) is why people are there. It's a party/social event. People go to Wrigley Field just to say they've been there and to have a good time. People go to Ames to have a good time. In both instances, the game is secondary.

Well, some people go to Adventureland for fun so they could also say Jack Trice is like Adventureland.

There is one thing that dump of a stadium has in common with Wrigley Field - the biggest moments in its history had absolutely nothing to do with its regular occupant winning any sort of hardware. To compare a parking lot in the middle of a former pasture to Wrigley Field is a grave disservice to Wrigley Field.

The only way for ISU students to get season tix to hoops is to buy season tix for football

http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=899231

They also have a smaller stadium...and tailgating is a holy grail for a lot of folks; only seven saturdays a year. Even if it's not a great product, it can still be a great time.

By the way, that is smart marketing, IMO

This. Now NUKE this stupid thread, Jonny Nation!

I am ashamed to say it but I went and watched the clones play Oklahoma a couple of years ago with some buddies. The atmosphere in the parking lot was like a morgue compared to all of the venues I have been to except purdue. I always hear their dip Sh it fans talk about how they think their tailgating is so fun. It is when iowa is in town, but it sure as he ll sucked when number one Oklahoma was in town. And during the game all the fans wanted to talk about was how iowa was losing that week, even while the clones were within one score of the number one team in the nation. But I was able to go take a leak and get back to my seat in under 5 minutes...so they do have that going for them.

Latest posts