ISU football selling points

Not true. Everyone has their own opinion though. I live in Des Moines and I see no such thing. I know ISU fans like to claim this is happening, but the ratio of Hawk fans to Cyclone fans has not changed. I just flew to Tampa and back last week, and between my flights I encountered at least a dozen people wearing Hawkeye gear, and only saw one guy wearing Iowa State clothing. I know that's not a fair study for statistical reasons because it was only two flights from Des Moines to Tampa and back, but I was quite surprised.

I think the only thing that has changed is that Cyclone fans are a little bit more apt to attend their games and wear their gear. It started with some of the momentum Rhoads built in his first couple years (Okie State win was huge), and then right when his momentum started to fade Hoiberg began to turn their basketball program around. Because of these things they are more "pwoud" to display their colors, where as before it was just kind of embarrassing to admit you were a Cyclone. I honestly don't think the numbers themselves have changed much at all.

My buddy explained this simply.

"ISU fans are like the gays(NTTAWT,) there are no more of them than there were fifteen years ago, but now their proud of it and seems like their everywhere."

My buddy explained this simply.

"ISU fans are like the gays(NTTAWT,) there are no more of them than there were fifteen years ago, but now their proud of it and seems like their everywhere."

Haha... It's a pretty good comparison because it's true. Cyclone fans just aren't as afraid to come out of the closet anymore. Their numbers haven't changed at all. They just might be more noticeable now.

SOS, no program hangs their hat on SOS like ISU and the more games you lose the better your SOS. Can't be knocking off too many opponents, you'll hurt their ranking and thus lower your SOS.

We've hit on most of the points, but to reiterate, Mangenius and Lazard will turn the offense into a juggernaut. Wally has tightened up the defense. In short, it is a program on the rise. #cyclONEnation

SOS, no program hangs their hat on SOS like ISU and the more games you lose the better your SOS. Can't be knocking off too many opponents, you'll hurt their ranking and thus lower your SOS.

Similarly, nothing strengthens your schedule like not being able to play ISU. They don't get to play...them.

H2O HOORAY

What else do they need?
ames-water.jpg

Is this even legal? Can you require that a person by a separate product before they can purchase something totally unrelated?

How is it legal to require a "donation" to an entirely separate entity in order to buy a product?

What else do they need?
ames-water.jpg

Ames is a place where the crime rate is low!

Basically, if you move to Ames, you will have all of the culture, arts and sports opportunities of living in Manhattan (NYC, not Kansas), but with great schools, fantastic water and a low crime rate.

How is it legal to require a "donation" to an entirely separate entity in order to buy a product?

Well I think we can all agree that is it "criminal" to force students to go to ISU football games, just to see ISU basketball. I mean if that isn't serving 7 home dates of "hard time" I don't know what is.

We've hit on most of the points, but to reiterate, Mangenius and Lazard will turn the offense into a juggernaut. Wally has tightened up the defense. In short, it is a program on the rise. #cyclONEnation
Don't forget the brother of NFL great Jake Knott is playing his second year at LB. Now that he has had time to develop, ISU will be tough to score on.

The only way for ISU students to get season tix to hoops is to buy season tix for football

http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=899231

They also have a smaller stadium...and tailgating is a holy grail for a lot of folks; only seven saturdays a year. Even if it's not a great product, it can still be a great time.

By the way, that is smart marketing, IMO

This wouldn't work for Iowa though. Iowa basketball is a hard sell in itself, especially after what happened last season.

I think most Iowa State fans are pretty realistic that this season will likely be rough and not a bowl year.

In my experience at Iowa State people really love the tailgating and don't take the games all that seriously. There is a little wrigleyville feel if you ask me. That may not be a legit reason to many around here but Iowa State hasn't had the success to justify the numbers other than it's just a fun environment.

I think most Iowa State fans are pretty realistic that this season will likely be rough and not a bowl year.

In my experience at Iowa State people really love the tailgating and don't take the games all that seriously. There is a little wrigleyville feel if you ask me. That may not be a legit reason to many around here but Iowa State hasn't had the success to justify the numbers other than it's just a fun environment.

Bryce, you know I love ya and all, but come on man. Only a ISU fan, and a delusional one at that would compare anything about drinking in a big parking lot with Wrigleyville.

They really do seem eager to embrace the lovable losers mentality.

Latest posts