ISU #4 in Preseason Polls?

Except that it will make so many cyclone fans sad if he goes, I don't care if he stays or goes. I think they are way overrated this year, and the cupboard is bear the following year as far as I can tell.

Agreed. It also appears he is losing traction in the transfer market because a lot more teams are competing for them so I'm doubtful they will be able to find a quick fix as successfully as they have in the past. At least not one who will be eligible to play without sitting out a year. Which means they are looking at a minimum of one down year at this point. In the grand scheme of things that's not a big deal when you look at where the program has been in the past and where he's taken them to, but Cyclone fans have created such high expectations for him that it would be funny to even watch them suffer through one mediocre season.

I listened to Chris Williams podcast yesterday just to hear if he had anything new on the Hoiberg situation. Trying to downplay Hoiberg leaving, he and Rob Gray were discussing, hypothetically of course, if Hoiberg leaves is there any ISU coach in recent memory who wouldn't have been able to coach this coming team to the Final Four? They couldn't come up with any. They seriously think they have a Final Four team on their hands and it appears they don't think it matters who the coach is. Their fan base is delusional, but Chrissy just makes it 10x worse. He's the biggest sunshine pumper I've ever seen in the media.

Agreed. It also appears he is losing traction in the transfer market because a lot more teams are competing for them so I'm doubtful they will be able to find a quick fix as successfully as they have in the past. At least not one who will be eligible to play without sitting out a year. Which means they are looking at a minimum of one down year at this point. In the grand scheme of things that's not a big deal when you look at where the program has been in the past and where he's taken them to, but Cyclone fans have created such high expectations for him that it would be funny to even watch them suffer through one mediocre season. I listened to Chris Williams podcast yesterday just to hear if he had anything new on the Hoiberg situation. Trying to downplay Hoiberg leaving, he and Rob Gray were discussing, hypothetically of course, if Hoiberg leaves is there any ISU coach in recent memory who wouldn't have been able to coach this coming team to the Final Four? They couldn't come up with any. They seriously think they have a Final Four team on their hands and it appears they don't think it matters who the coach is. Their fan base is delusional, but Chrissy just makes it 10x worse. He's the biggest sunshine pumper I've ever seen in the media.
Yeah CW is the only person in the media (local and national) who thinks Iowa State is a top 5 team...

54e0b6a4505cf1220290d.jpg

I'm an Aquarius, I don't eat red meat, and my lucky numbers are 1,2 & 3 which matches the number of wins by Paul Rhodes about every year, and my Chinese Zodiac sign is the "Year of the Clown"

54e0b6a4505cf1220290d.jpg

I'm an Aquarius, I don't eat red meat, and my lucky numbers are 1,2 & 3 which matches the number of wins by Paul Rhodes about every year, and my Chinese Zodiac sign is the "Year of the Clown"

I would give you a thumbs up for this, but the fact KF gets worked by "I'm so proud" every other year........sorta takes a lot of the humor out of it for me.

They won't be. I'd love to place a bet on that with you if you truly believe that.
Lol I've already expressed my thoughts on next season in this thread. I was merely pointing out the fact that you were implying CW overhypes and brainwashes clone fans into thinking that they are better than they are...whereas numerous other members of the media both local and national are giving the clones the same amount of hype. But since he's a beat writer of a rival fan base, hawk fans can't seem to acknowledge that.

Lol I've already expressed my thoughts on next season in this thread. I was merely pointing out the fact that you were implying CW overhypes and brainwashes clone fans into thinking that they are better than they are...whereas numerous other members of the media both local and national are giving the clones the same amount of hype. But since he's a beat writer of a rival fan base, hawk fans can't seem to acknowledge that.

In other words... you agree with me. They aren't a legit top 5 team until they finish that way. Which they won't and you know it.

In other words... you agree with me. They aren't a legit top 5 team until they finish that way. Which they won't and you know it.

Hell, I'd be happy to bet they won't go to the Final Four even if Hoiberg returns this year.

I think clone fans should be worried about Pollard making another hire. Sure he hired Fred which was a huge risk with a big reward. Name another good hire he has made. Football? Wrestling? Basketball before Fred? Anyone?

I don't think Hoiberg is really going anywhere. He seems like a guy that just loves the attention.

Agreed. It also appears he is losing traction in the transfer market because a lot more teams are competing for them so I'm doubtful they will be able to find a quick fix as successfully as they have in the past. At least not one who will be eligible to play without sitting out a year. Which means they are looking at a minimum of one down year at this point. In the grand scheme of things that's not a big deal when you look at where the program has been in the past and where he's taken them to, but Cyclone fans have created such high expectations for him that it would be funny to even watch them suffer through one mediocre season.

I listened to Chris Williams podcast yesterday just to hear if he had anything new on the Hoiberg situation. Trying to downplay Hoiberg leaving, he and Rob Gray were discussing, hypothetically of course, if Hoiberg leaves is there any ISU coach in recent memory who wouldn't have been able to coach this coming team to the Final Four? They couldn't come up with any. They seriously think they have a Final Four team on their hands and it appears they don't think it matters who the coach is. Their fan base is delusional, but Chrissy just makes it 10x worse. He's the biggest sunshine pumper I've ever seen in the media.

If every coach in recent memory would be able to coach this team to the final four, what does that say about last years coach who couldn't get essentially the same team out of the first round?

Hell, I'd be happy to bet they won't go to the Final Four even if Hoiberg returns this year.

This is just it. The ISU team just isn't built to make a run in the NCAA tournament for two reasons:

-They don't play defense. The only year the team actually bought in and played D, was when Doc was there....before and since, defense is optional. Teams that advance deep in the tournament play D, and final 4 teams always are tough defensives (see Wisconsin, Kentucky, Duke, and MSU)

-They are mentally soft (a claim I made before the NCAA tournament, and Foreverdouche ripped me for it, but then all ISU fans said the same thing as me, they are soft).

This is just it. The ISU team just isn't built to make a run in the NCAA tournament for two reasons:

-They don't play defense. The only year the team actually bought in and played D, was when Doc was there....before and since, defense is optional. Teams that advance deep in the tournament play D, and final 4 teams always are tough defensives (see Wisconsin, Kentucky, Duke, and MSU)

-They are mentally soft (a claim I made before the NCAA tournament, and Foreverdouche ripped me for it, but then all ISU fans said the same thing as me, they are soft).

I think they proved a lot of times last year that they were mentally soft. They don't have a bad team, but they aren't nearly as good as a lot of cyclone fans think they are. There are a lot of mentally soft Iowa state fans too. They want to hold a keep Fred rally in Ames on Saturday.

I think they proved a lot of times last year that they were mentally soft. They don't have a bad team, but they aren't nearly as good as a lot of cyclone fans think they are. There are a lot of mentally soft Iowa state fans too. They want to hold a keep Fred rally in Ames on Saturday.

I think if you look at every team under Fred so far, they have been mentally soft, and D has always been optional (Sans the Kane and Ejim year). If you look at defensive efficiency over the years here is how ISU stacked up: 189th, 229th, 119th, & 323rd. Then if you look at PPG allowed: 286th, 302nd, 145th, & 335th.

Exactly. The reason Iowa State fans get so carried away with their expectations has a lot to do with their style of play. When they have a great game they look unbeatable because they rain down shots from everywhere. Like the Iowa game last year. They were hitting everything. Even that chubby transfer guy who lived with BDJ was hitting everything he threw up. When they are hitting from deep they look really impressive.

The problem with that style of play is that it's very hard to do it night in and night out. Which is what needs to be done in the NCAA tournament. If you don't play defense, and you don't rebound particularly well then you can't afford to have an off night on offense and expect to win. That's exactly how UAB upset them. They had an off night shooting the ball and they got beat on the glass by a team that was a lot worse than them.

What's funny to me is that Cyclone fans are hyping up their team because some media members have proclaimed them as a top 5 team in May like 6 months before the season. They pound their chest and act like it's an accomplishment, but then when opposing fans like us say "Okay would you care to wager on ISU actually ending up in the top 5?" they come up with every excuse in the book. It's comical. They are the same way when it comes to conference strength. Argue all year the B12 is tough in both football and basketball and then when post season play comes along all you hear is crickets.

Do I personally think the clones are overhyped? Yes. But you missed the point man. Your post about CW being a kool aid feeder and overhyping the team about being a final 4 team because of his own personal interests are completely wrong. Heck Bovada just released the odds to win the tourney next year and the clones came in 5th...but nooppppe CW is the mastermind behind all of this.

Exactly. The reason Iowa State fans get so carried away with their expectations has a lot to do with their style of play. When they have a great game they look unbeatable because they rain down shots from everywhere. Like the Iowa game last year. They were hitting everything. Even that chubby transfer guy who lived with BDJ was hitting everything he threw up. When they are hitting from deep they look really impressive.

The problem with that style of play is that it's very hard to do it night in and night out. Which is what needs to be done in the NCAA tournament. If you don't play defense, and you don't rebound particularly well then you can't afford to have an off night on offense and expect to win. That's exactly how UAB upset them. They had an off night shooting the ball and they got beat on the glass by a team that was a lot worse than them.

What's funny to me is that Cyclone fans are hyping up their team because some media members have proclaimed them as a top 5 team in May like 6 months before the season. They pound their chest and act like it's an accomplishment, but then when opposing fans like us say "Okay would you care to wager on ISU actually ending up in the top 5?" they come up with every excuse in the book. It's comical. They are the same way when it comes to conference strength. Argue all year the B12 is tough in both football and basketball and then when post season play comes along all you hear is crickets.

I still don't know why the hell Wisconsin and Michigan State making the final four and Ohio State winning the NC makes you guys feel so good. That wasn't you guys! You guys got absolutely destroyed by those teams when you played them. So even if those teams are great, you clearly don't even come close to stacking up against them!

I still don't know why the hell Wisconsin and Michigan State making the final four and Ohio State winning the NC makes you guys feel so good. That wasn't you guys! You guys got absolutely destroyed by those teams when you played them. So even if those teams are great, you clearly don't even come close to stacking up against them!

ISU education at it's finest......Where in his post does he mention Wisconsin, MSU, the final four, Ohio St, or the National Championship.

It is Clown fan who pounds his chest about how tough the Big12 is all year long......unfortunately for Clown fan it is B1G fan who can pound their chests when the actual results come in.

ISU education at it's finest......Where in his post does he mention Wisconsin, MSU, the final four, Ohio St, or the National Championship.

It is Clown fan who pounds his chest about how tough the Big12 is all year long......unfortunately for Clown fan it is B1G fan who can pound their chests when the actual results come in.
He was clearly taking a shot at the Big 12.

He was clearly taking a shot at the Big 12.

Taking a shot at an overrated conference is not bragging up any other conference. He doesn't mention Wisconsin, MSU, the final four, Ohio St., or the National Championship at all........doesn't surprise me at all coming from a Clown though, brag up your conference all year long, and the PRETEND others are doing the same. He in no way shape or form did what you say he did.

Taking a shot at an overrated conference is not bragging up any other conference. He doesn't mention Wisconsin, MSU, the final four, Ohio St., or the National Championship at all........doesn't surprise me at all coming from a Clown though, brag up your conference all year long, and the PRETEND others are doing the same. He in no way shape or form did what you say he did.
Have you not seen some of his other posts on this site? He frequently hops aboard the gravy train.

Latest posts