Is Luka Getting Too Cocky?

Luka is having a great season and he's working his ass off for the team. It's been fun to watch. I've never minded a little attention, but he also realizes he is prone top mistakes. I'd say sit back and watch him work his magic. If he kisses his pipes, so be it. Now, what I really don't like and I've seen him do it is pound the 3 fingers against his head when he makes a 3. You see a lot of players do weird things. It reminds me of that little Nebraska punk ass that was making everything he threw up there, and displaying everything to the crowd. Go sit down and knock that shit off.

I did see Luka pan across the Rutgers bench last night as he was running by after a made shot. I don;t like that. Hustle back and play D.

Luka is having a great season and he's working his ass off for the team. It's been fun to watch. I've never minded a little attention, but he also realizes he is prone top mistakes. I'd say sit back and watch him work his magic. If he kisses his pipes, so be it. Now, what I really don't like and I've seen him do it is pound the 3 fingers against his head when he makes a 3. You see a lot of players do weird things. It reminds me of that little Nebraska punk ass that was making everything he threw up there, and displaying everything to the crowd. Go sit down and knock that shit off.

I did see Luka pan across the Rutgers bench last night as he was running by after a made shot. I don;t like that. Hustle back and play D.

Great examples of where that proverbial "fine line" might be in regards to this.

Great examples of where that proverbial "fine line" might be in regards to this.

Okay, everyone give an example of something this is on the "okay" side of their line, and something that is on the "uh uh" side of their line.

I already gave some examples, and I noted I didn't care for the "look at me" stuff, though I still considered it okay. I would strongly endorse "look at me" stuff if it is original or funny. I was all-in on Sam Cassell's "big balls dance", but if someone else did it today, not as cool.

458548986.gif

I honestly thought you folks would enjoy more cocky, ya tightasses.

There are always gonna be some old farts that think these kids should just put their heads down and not say a word. Most athletes play with emotions and I don't mind a little "cockiness" in their game.

Maybe someone should rif off Raftery's "Onions!" call, and pantomime chopping onions, and then breaking into tears. They would need to do it after a big shot, and they would really need to draw it out. A good 10 seconds of chopping at least, and they have to muster up some real tears. I think Kreiner could pull this off.

I dont mind a little cockiness either , kids are having fun - let them enjoy it .... but , if it was an opposing player, would you still be ok with it , that would probably dictate if it is or isnt a little over the top

Maybe someone should rif off Raftery's "Onions!" call, and pantomime chopping onions, and then breaking into tears. They would need to do it after a big shot, and they would really need to draw it out. A good 10 seconds of chopping at least, and they have to muster up some real tears. I think Kreiner could pull this off.

I think Kreiner should do the Superman pulling the shirt apart from the middle move after a dunk or 3 ball!!

I was sitting behind the Rutgers bench last night. They had someone who was trash talking at Garza and Toussaint more than normal, probably accounts for some of the reaction.

This Iowa team has the most attitude and cockiness I have seen in an Iowa team, I don't know if it too much or not, but it seems to work for them. Garza, Toussaint, Conner & Kreiner seem to me playing like they have been wronged. I don't think anyone can say this Iowa team isn't emotional that is for sure. Evan Wieskamp is showing way more emotion this year compared to last.

NO WAY Luka getting 2 cocky ... :eek:
Iowa doesn't pay for such things (and is now on California's shit-list because of it.) Ya never know if Gar-Bar or the U might step up, tho:rolleyes:

Just realized we don't play again till Monday.... Booo to that noise. WTH am I gonna do all weekend? No football that matters till the next week or Iowa hoops. I don't want to have to go get a life or something geez.

Kids work their whole lives to get themselves into a position to do something great. When they finally do something great, not being excited about it isn't an option. The only two options are showing you're excited and pretending you're not excited. I just want to make sure everyone here knows that when they say players should act like they've been there before, what they're really saying is they want players to pretend they aren't excited. Sounds pretty dumb if you ask me. "When you do something good, pretend you're not excited".

Don't get me wrong. I like the intensity if it's genuine. It's just different than how he previously carried himself. Jo Bo is one to work the opposing fans or get under their skin a bit, but Garza has always been the steady Eddy that just worked hard and let his play do the talking.

Kisses and Muscles

In the past few games, we now see Garza throwing kisses to the opposing fans and muscle flexing to fans and the opposing bench. Is this good or does he need to try to tone it down just a bit? Is he straddling that fine line from showing emotion and passion vs thug behavior? My only concern is that now and going forward he's going to have many eyes on him nationally which will increase as the season goes. He's being mentioned during blue blood games being telecast about him as a Player of The Year candidate. People will tune in to watch him to see what he is all about. I'd hate for them to think of him as a thug player, like a Mich St. player, since we all know he is not that way, but compassionate and hard working.

I like his intensity, but just wondering if he's getting to the point of crossing the line a bit? Can he play well as the villain similar to Jo Bo or could it be detrimental to his game?
and I love it, because he backs it up.

I kinda want to buy something from Garza, I feel like I should be paying him for the entertainment this year, it's legal now right? Maybe keep him around next year, maybe a t-shirt or wig?

Latest posts