Iowa's 2014 Football Schedule

****** October schedule just one home game which probably makes it homecoming. Tickets will be fierce to bad we can't play any home bball games in the off October weekends.

If Iowa even competes in 2014 for the division it will solidify how poor the division is. Could be one of the worse demographics in the country.

Hey come to Iowa you get to play Ball State, Northwestern, and our rival Purdue. Don't go to Michigan State who gets to play Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State every year.

If Iowa even competes in 2014 for the division it will solidify how poor the division is. Could be one of the worse demographics in the country.

Hey come to Iowa you get to play Ball State, Northwestern, and our rival Purdue. Don't go to Michigan State who gets to play Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State every year.

Of the games Iowa has control over, they play ISU and PITT. Isn't that what everybody wants? Games against BCS schools. Having two in the non-con probably puts Iowa in the top 10 or 20% in the country for BCS teams. sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anybody.

Of the games Iowa has control over, they play ISU and PITT. Isn't that what everybody wants? Games against BCS schools. Having two in the non-con probably puts Iowa in the top 10 or 20% in the country for BCS teams. sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anybody.

That is true. I'm not sure why people complain about the Iowa schedule. It seems that every other year they have 2 non conference BCS conference teams on the schedule. You don't see many teams doing that actually.

That is true. I'm not sure why people complain about the Iowa schedule. It seems that every other year they have 2 non conference BCS conference teams on the schedule. You don't see many teams doing that actually.

There are a lot of complainers who frequent this place. I don't know if they are the same few with multiple accounts per person or what.

There are a lot of complainers who frequent this place. I don't know if they are the same few with multiple accounts per person or what.

I think some want us to play Alabama & USC in the non conference, Michigan, Ohio St., and Penn St. in conference, and also win 10+ games a year.

Wisconsin fans think they're just running right through this division for the next 20 years. Someone let them know Bret isn't in town anymore. Just like Iowa, they're extremely vulnerable for their program to go downhill rapidly. This isn't Michigan, Ohio state or even Nebraska.

Bummed out we miss those teams, win or lose I love going and watching us play Ohio St., Michigan, and Penn St.

Good teams are not afraid to play other good teams. It is a poor reflection of the state of the program when we are welcoming a weak schedule.

I say bring everyone including top notch non-con opponents.

You don't get better by not improving and just playing worse teams. Play the big boys and get your teeth kicked in a few times use the tv exposure and competition to get better.

Just saw this schedule. Holy crap, talk about MANAGEABLE.

Still, if Iowa keeps losing to the likes of Central Michigan, then it's not going to matter much. Otherwise, it should be able to rack up some wins against that schedule.

Don't want to play Alabama, they would kill us. Don't want USC either as we don't recruit the west coast. I think playing a home and home with high level Texas' teams (not North Texas) would be good for recruiting. I don't get much of a thrill with Ball State!

Good teams are not afraid to play other good teams. It is a poor reflection of the state of the program when we are welcoming a weak schedule.

You don't get better by not improving and just playing worse teams. Play the big boys and get your teeth kicked in a few times use the tv exposure and competition to get better.

Yeah why arent we playing the Yankees and the Heat this year. Barta & ferentz are scared. Jeez they could at least play the Dolphins to help recruiting. Never gonna get ahead if you schedule in the box.

Did i miss any other great ideas?

I think the majority believe that what you state is true. However, it's certainly not universally true. This hasn't worked for ISU having one of the toughest schedules in the country every year. It's not making them a better team. It's just making them think they're good when they win six games a season.

FreedComanche

I think the majority believe that what you state is true. However, it's certainly not universally true. This hasn't worked for ISU having one of the toughest schedules in the country every year. It's not making them a better team. It's just making them think they're good when they win six games a season.

FreedComanche

People who believe this to be true live in dream land. If you want an athletic department that is self sufficient you need home games. As many as possible. Scheduling texas at texas does nothing for your bottom line. Zero. Athletic departments depend on football income. You will never see a major opponent home and home as long as isu is on schedule. They dont need to come to iowa for a home and home.

A one time neutral site is only way this happens. See the difficulty wisky is having getting lsu or any of those to agree. It takes two to tango and we are not Michigan.

People who believe this to be true live in dream land. If you want an athletic department that is self sufficient you need home games. As many as possible. Scheduling texas at texas does nothing for your bottom line. Zero. Athletic departments depend on football income. You will never see a major opponent home and home as long as isu is on schedule. They dont need to come to iowa for a home and home.

A one time neutral site is only way this happens. See the difficulty wisky is having getting lsu or any of those to agree. It takes two to tango and we are not Michigan.

Not sure whether I agree with this or not. In principle it makes sense, however I think you're off base about scheduling bigger named porgrams. I don't think people are saying that we want every single OOC opponent to be a top 25 team, but the fact is that people want to see premier programs. Why can't the fans have both the 7 home games without having to see OOC cupcakes. Why is it so far fetched to want to see home and home contracts with top 20 programs. If we're going to play at ISU every other year, why not schedule a top 25 team to come to Kinnick the year we play at ISU and then we can go on the road the year we play ISU at home. Forgive me, but I'd rather see us schedule top ranked opponents then seeing teams like Pitt on the schedule. If we're willing to go to Pitt why not be willing to play a traditional powerhouse. I realize it's about revenue and winning games, but IMO its unexcusable to only see the premier programs outside of the Big 10 in the post season.

Not sure whether I agree with this or not. In principle it makes sense, however I think you're off base about scheduling bigger named porgrams. I don't think people are saying that we want every single OOC opponent to be a top 25 team, but the fact is that people want to see premier programs. Why can't the fans have both the 7 home games without having to see OOC cupcakes. Why is it so far fetched to want to see home and home contracts with top 20 programs. If we're going to play at ISU every other year, why not schedule a top 25 team to come to Kinnick the year we play at ISU and then we can go on the road the year we play ISU at home. Forgive me, but I'd rather see us schedule top ranked opponents then seeing teams like Pitt on the schedule. If we're willing to go to Pitt why not be willing to play a traditional powerhouse. I realize it's about revenue and winning games, but IMO its unexcusable to only see the premier programs outside of the Big 10 in the post season.
What does iowa bring to the table to draw these teams that are better than pitt? You gotta give someting to get something. You won't see program agree to anything less than home and home. We do not have recruiting base or 100,000 plus stadium. Pitt and arizona are far better than tulsa or navy.

Beating ISU,Pitt,Wis,Nebby,Minny and Wis is the best recruiting tool we can have. Losing on national tv like vs PSU last year did nothing for our recruiting.

Any recruit that asks about playing OSU and Michigan,will be told the truth...we have no say in how the Big Ten schedule is made up....and that after 2015,we most likely will be playing Mich or OSU the next few years,when said recruit is actually on the field playing....in the meantime, it would behoove Iowa to win a lot of games,make the Big Ten title game,and some nice bowls...that is what sells recruits.

Beating ISU,Pitt,Wis,Nebby,Minny and Wis is the best recruiting tool we can have. Losing on national tv like vs PSU last year did nothing for our recruiting.

Any recruit that asks about playing OSU and Michigan,will be told the truth...we have no say in how the Big Ten schedule is made up....and that after 2015,we most likely will be playing Mich or OSU the next few years,when said recruit is actually on the field playing....in the meantime, it would behoove Iowa to win a lot of games,make the Big Ten title game,and some nice bowls...that is what sells recruits.

What are you talking about? Sure it does! Mid-level MAC recruits see they can play for a Big Ten team in desperate need of help and and decommit from Toledo, Akron, etc to sign with Iowa!

Latest posts