Iowa's 2014 Football Schedule

So we avoid Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State and get top divisional teams Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Northwestern all at home. Not sure what you could do to make that schedule any easier. Hopefully we can get back on track by then and make a run.

I don't care how this season plays out, but anything less than 10 wins with that schedule is going to be disappointing.

2014 Iowa Football Schedule
Aug. 30 Northern Iowa
Sept. 6 Ball State
Sept. 13 Iowa State
Sept. 20 at Pittsburgh
Sept. 27 at Purdue *
Oct. 11 Indiana
Oct. 18 at Maryland
Nov. 1 Northwestern *
Nov. 8 at Minnesota *
Nov. 15 at Illinois *
Nov. 22 Wisconsin *
Nov. 28 Nebraska *

That is a decent home schedule. To bad they couldn't find a way to get nebby out of big 10. I despise playing two big 8 teams each yr.

This is the kind of schedule that will make the fanbase drool if Iowa can somehow scrape together a 6 or 7 win season this year.

If we get to 6 or 7 wins this year, I will be pumped for '14. That is the year we make noise again, as JD pointed out, the DL should be stout, as well as the OL. The QB & WR's will all have a years experience and time to get on the same page. This sets up nicely.

Per Marc Morehouse, here are the pairings for the other Western Division teams in 2014...

Wisconsin -- Maryland, at Rutgers
Nebraska -- at Michigan State, Rutgers
Northwestern -- at Penn State, Michigan
Minnesota -- at Michigan, Ohio State (bad draw for the Gophers)
Purdue -- Michigan State, at Indiana (protected game)
Illinois -- at Ohio State, Penn State
Iowa -- Indiana, at Maryland

Ferentz better hope he can get at least 5 wins this year and holds onto his job. With this schedule, he certainly can manage 6 in 2014 and likely get a 10-year contract extension.

Last edited:
Wow anything less than 8-9 wins with that schedule would be very disappointing. Major break for the Hawks from schedule standpoint.

Ferentz better hope he can get at least 5 wins this year and holds onto his job. With this schedule, he certainly can manage 6 in 2014 and likely get a 10-year contract extension.

I really hope you are just message board dumb but i am afraid some people actually think this way. Not having met you I will give you the benefit of doubt.

No Michigan, Ohio State or Penn State

I've always liked the idea of playing teams in your geographic region, but I have trouble with the three best teams of the big ten being in the same division. You'll never have a true big ten conference championship game with this alignment, as those three teams are heads and shoulders above the other teams in the conference, historically.

This is somewhat similar to the National Title game this year. Like Notre Dame was better than A&M, Ga, Florida or LSU? Pffffttttt.................... It was number one against a team that probably shouldn't have even been in the top ten.

So, the big ten title game will not give an accurate depiction of the two best teams as long as the conference is set up this way.

FreedComanche

Too early to tell if this sets up well for us yet. If we don't develop and get better at several spots this year I could see every team on that schedule being better than us besides NIU and Ball State.

On the other hand if the D gets nasty again and we find a QB, we could be looking at a very good year.

That is a decent home schedule. To bad they couldn't find a way to get nebby out of big 10. I despise playing two big 8 teams each yr.

:). Agree.
Did I read right that there are two October byes? That's the best month for college FB!

This doesn't even feel like we're in the Big Ten any more. In the past, even when the program was down, I could still get excited for the season knowing we were playing Mich, Ohio State, and Penn State.

Just the chance of beating these teams (and messing up their seasons) makes the bad years worth looking forward to.

I swear there are fans on here who pine for the Big Two Little Eight years of the 1960s and 70's.
Some fans hate KF so much they want us to be horrible and get hammered by OSU and Michigan just so they can spend another 24/7 year kvetching about KF.....they seem very disappointed that Iowa might have a shot at a good season in 2014!

Just watch...if Iowa does beat Nebby,Minny,NW,Wis,Pitt,ISU.ect....they will discount it...hey,they already have.

Some folks just need to take a deep breath, realize that KF is our coach,and will be for a few more years,and root for the Hawks...it is not that complicated. How bout we go to the 2014 Big Ten title game,and beat OSU...satisfied? Nah...not sexy enough.

Latest posts