Iowa vs Villanova Championship Game Thread

Way to many.

Your 100% spot on and I don't think anyone mentioned that in the game thread, but when Villanova when small it was a huge game changer.

S Van Gundy mentioned Nova going small and changing the game with their defensive pressure. Fran mentioned Iowa needing to get tougher on his radio interview after the game. And, he said that isn't necessarily physical. Hopefully, Iowa learns from this game and it helps down the road.

Exactly right. McCabe's charge was a player driving under control, absorbing little contact from two airborne defenders who were in or close to the restricted circle. They fouled out Mike on a player driving, stumbling, barreling out of control right into a set defender. Bogus. Not fair.

McCabe definitely charged on the play you are describing.

It's about gaining an advantage and the defensive player was in legal guarding position prior to the contact.

Clear charge and easy call.

That's your best comeback? You disappoint me.

Sorry to let YOU down. Guess I normally spend my time discussing actual sports topics and less time insulting people. Reading most of your posts, actual discussing sports takes a backseat to insults and jokes but to each is own I guess.

Sorry to let YOU down. Guess I normally spend my time discussing actual sports topics and less time insulting people. Reading most of your posts, actual discussing sports takes a backseat to insults and jokes but to each is own I guess.
\

That's loser talk.

We definitely did not handle it well when surrendering the lead but we seemed to get zero whistles in our favor for about 7-8 minutes in a game that goes to OT.

I was trying to figure out the whole time which type of officiating was in effect; last year's or this year's new emphasis. The game looked so different on each end. 6-7 charges to zero give me a break. Three guys fouling out to zero on a team that goes 10 deep... Ok

We definitely did not handle it well when surrendering the lead but we seemed to get zero whistles in our favor for about 7-8 minutes in a game that goes to OT.

I was trying to figure out the whole time which type of officiating was in effect; last year's or this year's new emphasis. The game looked so different on each end. 6-7 charges to zero give me a break. Three guys fouling out to zero on a team that goes 10 deep... Ok

This

Latest posts