Iowa vs Villanova Championship Game Thread

Iowa took bad shots, missed free throws and turned the ball over after they got back in the game. Refs were not the best, but not the worst either.

Too many possessions where Iowa passed once and shot once.

Villanova going smaller and more athletic changed the game.

Way to many.

Your 100% spot on and I don't think anyone mentioned that in the game thread, but when Villanova when small it was a huge game changer.

Maybe it was. Dont blow a big lead and it wont be a problem.

Oh I agree but that whole tourney was bad, not just that game. Where did they find those refs? One minute people are pushing and shoving, no call and the next if a guy just drove regardless of contact, they blew the whistle.

Oh I agree but that whole tourney was bad, not just that game. Where did they find those refs? One minute people are pushing and shoving, no call and the next if a guy just drove regardless of contact, they blew the whistle.
Completely agree.

Good point. It's not the first game where we saw the inconsistencies. I don't think they got the memo that the charge and the arm bar rule had been reinforced.

Some of the guys were like my starting defense on my fantasy team. Scoring negative points and not doing anything worthwhile

Every single bang bang call down the stretch went against Iowa on both sides of the court. Combine that with Nova hitting some ungodly 3's and that accounts for something that most teams don't overcome. The fact that the Hawks were able to fight and claw back into it is nothing short of a miracle.

Exactly right. McCabe's charge was a player driving under control, absorbing little contact from two airborne defenders who were in or close to the restricted circle. They fouled out Mike on a player driving, stumbling, barreling out of control right into a set defender. Bogus. Not fair.

Roy Devyn Marble, G 8-23 2-7 6-12 and 4 TO's is the reason we lost tonight. 23 freaking shots. Yes the officials sucked but our on the court leader failed the team.

Latest posts