Iowa vs UMKC Game Thread

It's hard to decide if you're better at reading or quoting junior high coaching tips.
As a mandatory reporter, I'm trying to decide whether or not to report you for letting your 4th grader run around without knowing how to wipe his ass. They're probably already on to you.

As a mandatory reporter, I'm trying to decide whether or not to report you for letting your 4th grader run around without knowing how to wipe his ass. They're probably already on to you.

They're just impressed I have a 4 year old smart enough to be in 4th grade.

They're just impressed I have a 4 year old smart enough to be in 4th grade.
Whatever you teach them...stay away from basketball. It's bad enough reading your posts as you try and fool others into thinking you know basketball. We don't need another generation of that shit. Make them take music lessons or Boy Scouts or something like that.
Teach them to fish! Everyone expects a fisherman to make shit up to impress others. Just ask @Northside Hawk

Whatever you teach them...stay away from basketball. It's bad enough reading your posts as you try and fool others into thinking you know basketball. We don't need another generation of that shit. Make them take music lessons or Boy Scouts or something like that.
Teach them to fish! Everyone expects a fisherman to make shit up to impress others. Just ask @Northside Hawk
My channel catfish catch from 1979 gets about five inches longer and a couple lbs heavier every decade.

At least now I know you should pass up a wide open lane to dunk just to make sure you're the 3rd person back.

At least now I know you should pass up a wide open lane to dunk just to make sure you're the 3rd person back.
We know that 4-14 is what you get when you ignore basic defensive fundamentals. And we know that Fran is still coaching accordingly.
We know that you don't know shit about basketball. But we've known that for years. It's nice of you to keep posting and reminding us of this fact. Thanks.

I'm convinced Maishe Dailey is another Dom Uhl. Great length and good athleticism. Just isn't effectively aggressive. A kid as long and athletic as Dailey should probably get 3 or 4 offensive rebs a game. He doesn't get any. 6'7 and he's content to float around the perimeter. No killer instinct in him.

We might not want to rely on Dailey shooting threes from the corners as a viable offensive strategy.....

My channel catfish catch from 1979 gets about five inches longer and a couple lbs heavier every decade.
My uncle is the type of fisherman that always wants to inspect the contents of a caught fish's stomach, to see what it's been feeding on. He then taylors his fishing approach accordingly. He found a used condom in the belly of a catfish, once. He never kept a catfish again. True story.

One brief bright spot, other than the Hawks putting a solid effort on D, was the 1-2-2 zone they implemented in the second half when Fran had a line shift early in.....

They had Connor playing the one spot and Dailey in the middle tier. It seemed to work. Wonder if it would be better with Dailey at the one spot, with his quickness and length advantage.....

My uncle is the type of fisherman that always wants to inspect the contents of a caught fish's stomach, to see what it's been feeding on. He then taylors his fishing approach accordingly. He found a used condom in the belly of a catfish, once. He never kept a catfish again. True story.
Gives the term "submarine races" a new meaning.

Sti
At this point, I'm not sure what we can rely on from some of the players on this roster.

Still somewhat early in the year, but we have a ton of wrinkles to iron out before the have to face BolBol next Thursday when we play the # 13/14 Ducks.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/06/...=RelatedCoverage&pgtype=Article&region=Footer

JoeW certainly seems like a reliable sort. He might be the best three point sharpshooter we have ever had, including Peter Jok, Jarrod Uthoff, Downtown Freddy Brown, and Chris Kingsbury with his incredible range. MIght have to throw Kent McCausland in there. I watched Kingsbury at Drake, from the fourth-row center, when he nailed 7/8 threes.....

In my opinion, Joe is worthy of being included in that group from what I have seen so far. He is the goods as has been mentioned, a natural solid scoring machine that we should utilize as much as we can. When Jordan gets back to form the opponents will not be able to put 2 defenders on either one of them.....

There is hope, but the clock is ticking and the road becomes much more difficult.....

:cool:

Sti

Still somewhat early in the year, but we have a ton of wrinkles to iron out before the have to face BolBol next Thursday when we play the # 13/14 Ducks.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/06/...=RelatedCoverage&pgtype=Article&region=Footer

JoeW certainly seems like a reliable sort. He might be the best three point sharpshooter we have ever had, including Peter Jok, Jarrod Uthoff, Downtown Freddy Brown, and Chris Kingsbury with his incredible range. MIght have to throw Kent McCausland in there. I watched Kingsbury at Drake, from the fourth-row center, when he nailed 7/8 threes.....

In my opinion, Joe is worthy of being included in that group from what I have seen so far. He is the goods as has been mentioned, a natural solid scoring machine that we should utilize as much as we can. When Jordan gets back to form the opponents will not be able to put 2 defenders on either one of them.....

There is hope, but the clock is ticking and the road becomes much more difficult.....

:cool:
I love JW's game. Great all around basketball player. Great competitor. I think Bol Bol is over rated. It should be interesting to see him play against some of the bigger more physical 4s/5s in conference play. Garza needs to be physical with him from the tip off. Put a body on him the minute he even gets near the lane.

Yeah, Bol is getting a lot of press because of one made three.....

Big Fing Deal.....

Guard him close the entire game. Should tire him out. We have at least 15 fouls to give at the position, with Garza, Kriener and Pemsl. Keep him away from the basket and keep a hand in his face from the perimeter.....

Garza could get him in foul trouble if he fakes a lot of his shots......

Going to be a very interesting game in prime time.....

:cool:.

We know that 4-14 is what you get when you ignore basic defensive fundamentals. And we know that Fran is still coaching accordingly.
We know that you don't know shit about basketball. But we've known that for years. It's nice of you to keep posting and reminding us of this fact. Thanks.

Joe needs to start paying more attention to rules of thumb and quit using instincts and common sense to score easy baskets.

Joe needs to start paying more attention to rules of thumb and quit using instincts and common sense to score easy baskets.
Exactly. Unless you/Joe can prove that every Hall of Fame basketball coach since the beginning of time is WRONG. I guess I don't need to tell your dumb ass that I'll take the opinions of those gentlemen over yours.

Exactly. Unless you/Joe can prove that every Hall of Fame basketball coach since the beginning of time is WRONG. I guess I don't need to tell your dumb ass that I'll take the opinions of those gentlemen over yours.

I'll bet pretty much any coach in the history of coaches will tell a player like Joe to do that any time he thinks he can.

John Wooden...Bobby Knight....Jay Wright, WTF do they know anyway? Ignore those posers and do it the way PCHawk would do it. o_O

Latest posts