Iowa vs UMKC Game Thread

Just STFU already. You don't know what you are talking about! Everybody knows it.

So you think most coaches would say "next time pass up the easy 2 points and make sure you get back with the other 2 guys"? You are so focused on acting cool for knowing a junior high rule that you aren't even considering how easy that play was for a guy like Joe. It was a sure thing. I get that you coach little kids that are unable to make that play, but it's not that hard to figure out. Taking a sure bucket (which that was) is more important than any rule of thumb.

So you think most coaches would say "next time pass up the easy 2 points and make sure you get back with the other 2 guys"? You are so focused on acting cool for knowing a junior high rule that you aren't even considering how easy that play was for a guy like Joe. It was a sure thing. I get that you coach little kids that are unable to make that play, but it's not that hard to figure out. Taking a sure bucket (which that was) is more important than any rule of thumb.
No. I'm saying that you're an idiot that doesn't know anything about basketball. I thought I've made that crystal clear.

Parents love me. I coach them too. It's amazing the support you get when you take the time to include parents in what you are trying to accomplish.

In a year or two when my oldest starts playing sports, I'm gunna coach his team and come on here bragging about how smart I am like you do. I'm sure no one will see through me either.

In a year or two when my oldest starts playing sports, I'm gunna coach his team and come on here bragging about how smart I am like you do. I'm sure no one will see through me either.
People pay $1500 each, for me to coach their kids and that doesn't include any travel expenses. You couldn't pay me $150,000 to coach you/your kid . You're the biggest idiot on this site. I almost feel sorry for children, as they'll have no other option but you. That's a sad situation but one he's going to have to get used to. As I said, find something else for them to do besides sports. You're mud when it comes to basketball. Learn the game or STFU.

Last edited:
People pay $1500 each, for me to coach their kids and that doesn't include any travel expenses. You couldn't pay me $150,000 to coach you/your kid . You're the biggest idiot on this site. I almost feel sorry for children, as they'll have no other option but you. That's a sad situation but one he's going to have to get used to. As I said, find something else for them to do besides sports. You're mud when it comes to basketball. Learn the game or STFU.

Just keep teaching those kids to pass up wide open easy baskets buddy.

Per the replay, it looks like Joe's guy crashed the boards lazily. Why not attack an open lane for the offensive rebound if his guy didn't leak out and didn't care to box him out? I also noticed all 5 of the opposing team's players had at least one foot in the paint watching the ball. Iowa had 2 guys back but nobody to match up with at that point. So what's the harm in crashing for a putback?

Per the replay, it looks like Joe's guy crashed the boards lazily. Why not attack an open lane for the offensive rebound if his guy didn't leak out and didn't care to box him out? I also noticed all 5 of the opposing team's players had at least one foot in the paint watching the ball. Iowa had 2 guys back but nobody to match up with at that point. So what's the harm in crashing for a putback?

Because junior high rule of thumbs is all lightning knows. He wanted to show everyone his "vast knowledge" and came off looking stupid once again.

It's discipline. It's fundamentals. The things that this Iowa team has sorely lacked under Fran McCaffery. Do we need another discussion about the numerous fundamental failures that Fran allows? If my PG walks the ball up the court and drains a half court shot, I have a problem with it. The fact that a positive result followed a fundamental mistake is irrelevant. It doesn't excuse the flaw in the play.
I'm not sure why this is hard to understand. I like JW. I have nothing against him or his game. I pointed out something that I didn't like to see. Sue me.

It's discipline. It's fundamentals. The things that this Iowa team has sorely lacked under Fran McCaffery. Do we need another discussion about the numerous fundamental failures that Fran allows? If my PG walks the ball up the court and drains a half court shot, I have a problem with it. The fact that a positive result followed a fundamental mistake is irrelevant. It doesn't excuse the flaw in the play.
I'm not sure why this is hard to understand. I like JW. I have nothing against him or his game. I pointed out something that I didn't like to see. Sue me.

If you ask me it was UMKC that lacked fundamentals to not box out JW and just watch the ball while he went in untouched for the putback. Which in this instance, was the play in question, not Fran and his ability to teach fundamentals as a whole. I had zero issues with what Joe did.

Yes, if my PG walked the ball up the court and just jacked up a 3 I'd bench his ass, I don't care if it went in. That wasn't the play in question. You are just bringing up a new circumstance to try and make yourself look right.

If you ask me it was UMKC that lacked fundamentals to not box out JW and just watch the ball while he went in untouched for the putback. Which in this instance, was the play in question, not Fran and his ability to teach fundamentals as a whole. I had zero issues with what Joe did.

Yes, if my PG walked the ball up the court and just jacked up a 3 I'd bench his ass, I don't care if it went in. That wasn't the play in question. You are just bringing up a new circumstance to try and make yourself look right.
Yes. Lack of fundamentals on both sides. 2 wrongs don't make a right, do they? They didn't in 1st grade, 4th grade, college or the old folks home.
I don't need to make myself look right. I Know I'm right. The fact that you and the idiot savant don't like it, is of little concern to me.

Yes. Lack of fundamentals on both sides. 2 wrongs don't make a right, do they? They didn't in 1st grade, 4th grade, college or the old folks home.
I don't need to make myself look right. I Know I'm right. The fact that you and the idiot savant don't like it, is of little concern to me.

Agreed, 2 wrongs do not make a right. You're philosophy is different than Fran's. It sounds like you want your players to get back no matter what while Fran likes to let his players have the freedom to get back or crash the boards if the opportunity is there. That doesn't mean either one is more right than the other. It's just a difference in style. What you view as a lack of fundamentals would be true if that's the style Fran wanted to play. It just isn't. That's all I'm saying. Bringing in other hypothetical plays that were not related to try and support your point just made zero sense to me and that's why I responded.

Agreed, 2 wrongs do not make a right. You're philosophy is different than Fran's. It sounds like you want your players to get back no matter what while Fran likes to let his players have the freedom to get back or crash the boards if the opportunity is there. That doesn't mean either one is more right than the other. It's just a difference in style. What you view as a lack of fundamentals would be true if that's the style Fran wanted to play. It just isn't. That's all I'm saying. Bringing in other hypothetical plays that were not related to try and support your point just made zero sense to me and that's why I responded.
You could be 100% correct about Fran's philosophy being different than what is generally established fundamentals by almost every Hall of Fame coach in history. That wouldn't surprise me in the least. That's why his team is 4-14 and subject to double digit beat downs on a regular basis. That's why none of his teams can get defensive stops when they need them, since he got here 8 years ago.
Basketball is not a complicated game. Even the likes of Duke and Kentucky get beat when they ignore fundamentals. This is the least fundamentally sound basketball team that I have seen since I started watching Iowa basketball in 1979. By far.

Latest posts