Iowa vs UMKC Game Thread

I wouldn’t take too much away from this game and predict how bad Iowa will be the rest of the season. They played ok defensively playing zone the entire game. Still lots of work needed there. FRAN sat his starters for large portions of the game. Subbed 5 at a time, he won’t do this all season. Offense was sluggish, we know this will improve. Garza coming off surgery, JBo deep bone bruise, Cook had a banged up hand. I’m not going to get worked up over a sloppy first game. Yes, UMKC is bad. Yes, they lost by 31 to a team that was in the final four last year. The one thing I will take from this game is that Weiskamp may be a star and he didn’t play all that much.

You might be right, but its one game... Why dont uou wait until they lose to throw a fit.

law-order-bookie-mob-gambling-gamblers-match_fixing-nfkn849_low.jpg

I wouldn’t take too much away from this game and predict how bad Iowa will be the rest of the season. They played ok defensively playing zone the entire game. Still lots of work needed there. FRAN sat his starters for large portions of the game. Subbed 5 at a time, he won’t do this all season. Offense was sluggish, we know this will improve. Garza coming off surgery, JBo deep bone bruise, Cook had a banged up hand. I’m not going to get worked up over a sloppy first game. Yes, UMKC is bad. Yes, they lost by 31 to a team that was in the final four last year. The one thing I will take from this game is that Weiskamp may be a star and he didn’t play all that much.

Nope, seasons over.

You might be right, but its one game... Why dont uou wait until they lose to throw a fit.
I’m not throwing a fit. Ive pad $30 to watch two games on Flo. We looked OK in a scrimmage and then looked pretty bad (in the sense that it looks a lot like last year) in a real game. It also sounds like we got badly beat in a closed practice against a middling SEC team. People are acting like I’m making insane predictions. What I’m predicting is bottom 4 in conference and no NCAA tourney. Eg. basically what we did last year. Not insane.

Jesus are
1 I believe. I hear they got destroyed and arent very good.

One would have thought we should have covered, given the opponent.

Darn.

Why do so many care about the spread. Gambling on sports may be entertaining, but its only lucrative to those who are brainless.

We looked bad. Period. We failed to cover and we looked bad. I love that I’m the bad guy for stating facts. There have been several dozen threads this offseason about what expectations are this year. We’re not making the tournament period. We looked mediocre against a very low level opponent. We are going to have single digit conference wins again. Just because I can see that now without waiting until we actually go under .500 doesn’t make me a bad person.

I love getting called out by Pollyannias who constantly move the goalpost. Give me your prediction now if your so keen to call me out. How many conference games do we win. Careful predict less than a tournament birth and apparently your not a fan.

Calm down dude, Iowa did not look good. I already said that in the beginning of this thead.

You’re a facts dude, Mr. fact. I know you. Just calling out facts. Tons of facts. Nailing facts. All the time facts. You just get the facts. When people need facts, they go to you. Facts facts facts. Clear

Your fact tonight was I was wrong about a point spread. Nobody cares, not even me. People lose thousands on bets every second in this country on point spreads, I’ll live with the shame on this one. I know I’m getting trolled by a guy who’s revels in Iowa’s demise so having fun with you is easy.

I would wager your right after that performance, I saw nothing to show this team was good. I did think they’d back door cover and it teetered there for a few but alas they didn’t put em away. Now stop trying to shame me and put me on blast and go on with your life.

Likewise. Just for the fun of it.

Go Hawks.
I’ll watch all of the games too, just like the last 8 years and the last 20 of football because I’m an alum and a fan. I’m willing to pay $30 a month for 2 months for 3 “preseason” games spread out because BTN+ sucks and drive 10 hours round trip to watch the hawks 4-5 times a year. Don’t confuse a realistic assessment and disappointment with not being a fan.

Calm down dude, Iowa did not look good. I already said that in the beginning of this thead.

You’re a facts dude, Mr. fact. I know you. Just calling out facts. Tons of facts. Nailing facts. All the time facts. You just get the facts. When people need facts, they go to you. Facts facts facts. Clear

Your fact tonight was I was wrong about a point spread. Nobody cares, not even me. People lose thousands on bets every second in this country on point spreads, I’ll live with the shame on this one. I know I’m getting trolled by a guy who’s revels in Iowa’s demise so having fun with you is easy.

I would wager your right after that performance, I saw nothing to show this team was good. I did think they’d back door cover and it teetered there for a few but alas they didn’t put em away. Now stop trying to shame me and put me on blast and go on with your life.

Shame!

Latest posts