***Iowa vs Maryland doesn't belong in the Big 10 Conference thread***

Surprised this hasn't been brought up before...but...Garza's never been in real early foul trouble. So it was good(?) to see how they responded without him. Which was decent.

MD is a tough program. I like the coach. Nothing to be ashamed of tonight. They're more athletic than we are....and it showed on the glass.

These games are why you just cannot lose to the Wisconsin's of the world at home.

Garza was in slight foul trouble at Northwestern too. The bench picked him up at spots there. Then he came back in and dominated there.

The refs didn’t cost us this one. Wieskamp and Fredrick didn’t shoot the way they are capable of. Garza missing the front end of that one and one was the dagger in the heart imo.

As soon as I saw who the officiating crew was, I knew we weren’t gonna win this one. That official that looks like a big penis head has it in for Iowa. We haven’t won a game with that crew yet.
Did you research that or are you talkin out your ass? Honest question.

Someone just tweeted the following stat.... a big part of why Iowa lost.

Iowa made 4 of its first 5 3s.
2 of 16 since.

People claiming the officiating didn't cost us the game truly don't understand how Garza could shoot 20 free throws every game if the game was officiated evenly. Smith was molesting the shit out of him, especially in the second half.

6-4 at the halfway point. I'll gladly take that mark again over the second half

Damn Nebby game. Should be 7-3. Oh well, win the home games and see if we can get 2 on the road. That’ll put us at 13-7 and that should be good for a Top 4 placing and a double bye.

People claiming the officiating didn't cost us the game truly don't understand how Garza could shoot 20 free throws every game if the game was officiated evenly. Smith was molesting the shit out of him, especially in the second half.

Exactly. It’s not the time lost from the fouls that’s the ultimate killer, it’s the loss of aggressiveness when he is in there that is the killer.

Damn Nebby game. Should be 7-3. Oh well, win the home games and see if we can get 2 on the road. That’ll put us at 13-7 and that should be good for a Top 4 placing and a double bye.
Seems like a bit of a stretch. I’d take 11-9 at this point. 12-8 would be damn good.

Teams are walling off Garza with two defenders pushing him with their bodies, refs don't want to call this cause Garza would be going to the line 30 times a game.

There was a sequence where MD got three consecutive offensive rebounds, then scored. Then Garza missed the front end of the 1-1. Could have pulled into a tie. I think that was the turning point.

Again, no shame here folks. MD hasn't lost at home this year. Tough team...they'll go far in the tourney.

Latest posts